Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What kind of PVE would people want

About some PVE content  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What type of PVE content should Crowfall have during launch or shortly after?

• As it is, some mobs who gets stronger over time
    • Some campaigns with more PVE focused objectives
    • Allow players to make raids in their own Eternal Kingdoms

While I do understand that we all want PvP and lots of it, especially me, we need PvE to a certain extent. Sure, crafting is going to be where we get 90% of our gear, and definitely 100% of our good gear, we still need resources. Gatherers should be getting these resources for the crafters and where do they get them? Out in the E part of this game. They're gonna mine nodes, fish, and hunting. Hunting is obvious, you need PvE. Fishing can and has been done without actual enemies, just good spots to fish. Mining without a doubt can be done without mobs.

But here's the dilemma with fishing and mining, we want to make this hard, especially in The Dregs. We definitely don't want people AFK waiting for their character to finish mining, we also don't want people spamming a button for half an hour... That's what macros are for.

So we use what we have now, increasingly dangerous mobs that attack gatherers and possibly even caravans. This makes it so you can't sit there spamming your resource vein getting 1000 silver ore and going over to the crafter and he turns it into free awesome armour for your entire guild and instead, you get 10 from one vein and then it runs out because that one is near your castle and you use it a lot, now you have to go out and get 10... OH WAIT THERE'S A MOB! RUN!

So now you come back and have 10 silver. You go out again and it happens again. 20, 30, 40. Until that node runs out. Thus making it more difficult.

In short, we need hunger dome style mobs at least to make things more interesting. And no, don't accuse me of supporting a PvE game, 'cause that's not what I'm doing.

That's how it should be Vaeryx.

And no its not supporting "PvE", it's supporting gathering for crafters to outfit guildies or thier shops.

This guy says he wants PvE based CW'S(with PvE objectives)and player made dungeons.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want the kind of PvE where I kill other players.  I think it is called open world PvE.  

PVE should be nothing more than a side show to the stated core content of this game, killing people... or crafting.   Splitting playerbases is a great way to cause problems.

CF needs some PvE content for a couple of reasons but PvP should be the focus.   1. We can't have 24/7 PvP Siege battles and only PvP stuff ,it would be boring after a short periode of time ( just s

That's how it should be Vaeryx.

And no its not supporting "PvE", it's supporting gathering for crafters to outfit guildies or thier shops.

This guy says he wants PvE based CW'S(with PvE objectives)and player made dungeons.

He was on about dungeons and raids, I suggested that due to having a kingdom/section of land of our own and that having monster spawners, that could be used to create player generated "dungeons" merely as a modification for the lols, however what I don't want is a boss with set tactics and such, i wana farm wolves for fur not gather 9 other noobs and slay grimthor great wolf of the south

He was on about dungeons and raids, I suggested that due to having a kingdom/section of land of our own and that having monster spawners, that could be used to create player generated "dungeons" merely as a modification for the lols, however what I don't want is a boss with set tactics and such, i wana farm wolves for fur not gather 9 other noobs and slay grimthor great wolf of the south

Then I misjudged your intentions.

Definitely agree to that.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Then I misjudged your intentions.

Definitely agree to that.

Ỳeah I think some people have stated they should make PvE content, and other people have said that they are backing the wrong game i think they are both wrong, but right. it's a throne war mmo, you have your land you can earn more land, you can sell your land, you can have land a roam the world freely without doing anything with your land, you can control all the land and control what taxes are on those lands, it's game of thrones the mmo there will be as much "PvE" as PvP imo otherwise the world would feel dead and they may as well have made a moba, if they allow people to make these "pve kingdoms" that's cool but they shouldn't bow down and be like poorly made socks we best bring in ragnaros the firelord otherwise people are gunna cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiy1XRo0IvM

Look at that glorious PVE. Players teaming up to farm mobs, doesn't that just make you blood boil?

Its a temporary mechanic in a pre-alpha testing environment to facilitate the distribution of gear. Stuff like that though will be happening in the live game around POIs and ruins that will need to be cleared first, we knew that already. You're not really helping your case. People disagreed with your want for more PvE content beyond what's planned in this game, no need to take it so personally.

The current level of PvE that is planned is sufficient for the needs of this game. Anything more is a waste and not wanted. Lets just move on then.

Edited by pang

Someday you will understand what "suggestion box" is all about.

Making your suggestions within the "realm of PvP" and player generated content.  Respectfully, Plasma... know that those of us who populated Shadowbane for 6 years always had something to do in the sandbox even if that was to just troll around an open tree city for king of the hill free for all PvP.  WE dont need or want bosses or any other way of getting resources except through resource nodes.  We want the content to be focused on fighting in, around, over, under, and through those resource nodes and the caravans required to get those resources to a safe vault.  Between guild rivalries, board warriors, and a TRUE sense of danger from the second you step out your door, you will not get bored...   and the ACE crew will keep adding more ways of making us want to kill each other and not silly AI bosses.  Every game piece in CF should DRIVE players into confrontation and battle in the CWs.  You should feel that if you are not in the thick of it PvP, you are missing out.  The sense of accomplishment in a true sandbox is far more than anything in PvE.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

While I do understand that we all want PvP and lots of it, especially me, we need PvE to a certain extent. Sure, crafting is going to be where we get 90% of our gear, and definitely 100% of our good gear, we still need resources. Gatherers should be getting these resources for the crafters and where do they get them? Out in the E part of this game. They're gonna mine nodes, fish, and hunting. Hunting is obvious, you need PvE. Fishing can and has been done without actual enemies, just good spots to fish. Mining without a doubt can be done without mobs.

But here's the dilemma with fishing and mining, we want to make this hard, especially in The Dregs. We definitely don't want people AFK waiting for their character to finish mining, we also don't want people spamming a button for half an hour... That's what macros are for.

So we use what we have now, increasingly dangerous mobs that attack gatherers and possibly even caravans. This makes it so you can't sit there spamming your resource vein getting 1000 silver ore and going over to the crafter and he turns it into free awesome armour for your entire guild and instead, you get 10 from one vein and then it runs out because that one is near your castle and you use it a lot, now you have to go out and get 10... OH WAIT THERE'S A MOB! RUN!

So now you come back and have 10 silver. You go out again and it happens again. 20, 30, 40. Until that node runs out. Thus making it more difficult.

In short, we need hunger dome style mobs at least to make things more interesting. And no, don't accuse me of supporting a PvE game, 'cause that's not what I'm doing.

It will not be the mobs that threaten your caravan, you will have whole guilds that are strictly based on TAKING YOUR CARAVAN.  Mobs are zero! threat, PLAYERS are the real threat and we WILL kill you and take your stuff if you are too weak to defend it.  EVERY single resource node will be watched by scouts and anyone harvesting the node better be damn well ready to defend the stash.  Don't have ANY doubt that this game will be FAR FAR more ruthless and mean than anything seen in years.  If you even think you could go grind rabbits for fur and not get ganked by the next doods that come along you are a fool.

"We don't need no stinking PvE"     the mobs are simply decoration, harassment for solo players and a low end resource node for base level crafting.  Nothing beyond tier 2 materials should EVER come from Mobs.  I am also against "Recall scrolls"...   if you find something higher tier, no free rides home... you gotta walk that stuff back to a safe vault, run the possible gauntlet or "stealth" it back, run the map edges... play smart.   NO EASY MODE in a hardcore world...   the tougher, the better.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

It will not be the mobs that threaten your caravan, you will have whole guilds that are strictly based on TAKING YOUR CARAVAN.  Mobs are zero! threat, PLAYERS are the real threat and we WILL kill you and take your stuff if you are too weak to defend it.  EVERY single resource node will be watched by scouts and anyone harvesting the node better be damn well ready to defend the stash.  Don't have ANY doubt that this game will be FAR FAR more ruthless and mean than anything seen in years.  If you even think you could go grind rabbits for fur and not get ganked by the next doods that come along you are a fool.

"We don't need no stinking PvE"     the mobs are simply decoration, harassment for solo players and a low end resource node for base level crafting.  Nothing beyond tier 2 materials should EVER come from Mobs.  I am also against "Recall scrolls"...   if you find something higher tier, no free rides home... you gotta walk that stuff back to a safe vault, run the possible gauntlet or "stealth" it back, run the map edges... play smart.   NO EASY MODE in a hardcore world...   the tougher, the better.

I've always seen mobs as part of the uncertainty factor in open world PvP, particularly if they are scaled to actually be dangerous.

This is what I hope to see in Crowfall, because it will negate the CWs being nothing more than over-large arena maps, all manicured clean if you will, for the players.

Don't need none of that theme-parked clearing of the golf course.

Working Open World PvP was always the MOST fun I've had in PvP. Because it occurred in the Open World and everything that went with it. Which, quite often, were nasty tempered critters with some mojo behind them in addition to cliffs to jump off of, oceans to swim deep in hoping your opponent doesn't have a breathing potion, trees and rocks to LOS behind, etc.

Note what I'm saying here: The above thoughts are not PvE activity thoughts. They are Open World (open world) PvP related. The "E" in PvE does not preclude good design that allows the Environment to present opportunities for challenge and uncertainty . . . in PvP . . . whilst neutralizing static, Farmville run, golf-course maps all cleaned out for the kiddies.

Just another way to look at it.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

Hi there !

In my only other reply to a topic on the CrowFall forums (yay, I'm getting active here \o ), I was gently bashing at a guy who asked about more PvE, even Raids content, in Dying Worlds.

Like Pang said : "Little to no PvE IS part of the core design concept."

The core game needs to stay focused on PvP. That's what ACE stated, that's why we've backed in the 1st place.

In an MMORPG, say WoW (we like it or not, it's still one of the biggest reference), the devs spends most of their time and budget in building PvE content. While the PvP feels like a poorly made sock sandbox that players have to make on their own (roaming PvP, or enter in boxes called "Battlegrounds" or "Arenas").
Again, the ACE team took the opposite direction from the begining ( I couldn't rejoice more, thanks again ACE :D ).

BUT ! The keyword here is "core". What about the side aspects of the game, especially the Eternal Kingdoms ?
EKs are used for trade and craft, make "personnal walls" and mob spawners. As it, to me is a waste of time and money. ACE could make a public hub to fulfill EK's job, and save server's charge (or whatever EKs are eating / will eat in development etc).
So yeah, the 1st question is to know what EKs means to us all. We backed (for) it too.

For me, and since I've read about these on Kickstarter, EKs were meant to be, on top of the trade and craft things, a kind of Player ('s creation) versus Player. The later added mob spawner is a 1st tiny step into this.
That side content where you are the Game Master like in a pen-and-paper RPG. But this only can be an additional and skippable "mode". "The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot" tried to make it the core element and failed (its P2W put aside).

You set the rules, path(s) and mobs. Plus loots (from YOUR pocket), in witch case you can loot whoever dies in it, like in DWs. As long as you, solo or with mates, can finish the dungeon, you can turn it "public". It displays the maximum party size who finished it the 1st and the average rarity loot for whom wants to give it a shot.

Or no dungeon at all but an arena right in the middle of your clan stronghold, for custom tournaments or recruit's skill tests. Or whatever, you name it.

Anyway. The fact is unless it's planned, they won't risk their budget in such stuff.
I trust them about the core game, but am still wondering what will be the point of EKs. So many parcels to earn for... what ? :o

Hi there !In my only other reply to a topic on the CrowFall forums (yay, I'm getting active here \o ), I was gently bashing at a guy who asked about more PvE, even Raids content, in Dying Worlds. Like Pang said : "Little to no PvE IS part of the core design concept."The core game needs to stay focused on PvP. That's what ACE stated, that's why we've backed in the 1st place.In an MMORPG, say WoW (we like it or not, it's still one of the biggest reference), the devs spends most of their time and budget in building PvE content. While the PvP feels like a poorly made sock sandbox that players have to make on their own (roaming PvP, or enter in boxes called "Battlegrounds" or "Arenas").Again, the ACE team took the opposite direction from the begining ( I couldn't rejoice more, thanks again ACE :D ).BUT ! The keyword here is "core". What about the side aspects of the game, especially the Eternal Kingdoms ?EKs are used for trade and craft, make "personnal walls" and mob spawners. As it, to me is a waste of time and money. ACE could make a public hub to fulfill EK's job, and save server's charge (or whatever EKs are eating / will eat in development etc).So yeah, the 1st question is to know what EKs means to us all. We backed (for) it too.For me, and since I've read about these on Kickstarter, EKs were meant to be, on top of the trade and craft things, a kind of Player ('s creation) versus Player. The later added mob spawner is a 1st tiny step into this.That side content where you are the Game Master like in a pen-and-paper RPG. But this only can be an additional and skippable "mode". "The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot" tried to make it the core element and failed (its P2W put aside).You set the rules, path(s) and mobs. Plus loots (from YOUR pocket), in witch case you can loot whoever dies in it, like in DWs. As long as you, solo or with mates, can finish the dungeon, you can turn it "public". It displays the maximum party size who finished it the 1st and the average rarity loot for whom wants to give it a shot.Or no dungeon at all but an arena right in the middle of your clan stronghold, for custom tournaments or recruit's skill tests. Or whatever, you name it. Anyway. The fact is unless it's planned, they won't risk their budget in such stuff.I trust them about the core game, but am still wondering what will be the point of EKs. So many parcels to earn for... what ? :o

Welcome to the Murder, Crow!

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

BUT ! The keyword here is "core". What about the side aspects of the game, especially the Eternal Kingdoms ?

This guy gets it. Allowing players to make their own raids/dungeons will not break the game, and it won't require a lot of work from devs, because players will do most of the work themselves.

If they were going to add PvE elements i would want

Giant World Bosses

- they act as a point of interest for pvp fights

- could be captured and put in your EK

- can be defeated and then used as a slave to attack your enemies

- drop crafting materials

- can be used as a vessel (because of their immense power, it could have a timer before the vessel is used up, like 10min)

- could be the gods them selves and instead of killing them you simply hurt them enought they run off

MOkvLlm.png

Giant World Bosses

- can be used as a vessel (because of their immense power, it could have a timer before the vessel is used up, like 10min)

- could be the gods them selves and instead of killing them you simply hurt them enought they run off

PvE that actually adds to and intertwines with the PvP in the CWs I could get behind. A big giant monster that we can use to attack enemy players and strongholds as a siege engine in CWs? Sounds cool.

But homemade little dungeons that players could hide in, in their EKs? Nope.

Edited by pang

Giant World Bosses

This would actually require devs to work on it quite much.

Most people against stronger PVE elements are actually against devs shifting focus more on PVE.

I, personally, have nothing against world bosses, but i am more in favor of adding more options to create stuff in Eternal Kingdoms (bosses, raids, dungeons), because that doesn't require devs to shift focus or waste resources.

Most people against stronger PVE elements are actually against devs shifting focus more on PVE.

I, personally, have nothing against world bosses, but i am more in favor of adding more options to create stuff in Eternal Kingdoms (bosses, raids, dungeons), because that doesn't require devs to shift focus or waste resources.

Theres already NPC mobs in the CWs so not really any extra work to create a few larger different looking mobs and if it remains PvP based it doesn't effect the games focus like dungeons and raids would in the EK.

PvP focused, direct your suggestions with that in mind and you might actually get more to agree with expanded PvE stuff.

Edited by pang

Wait so you think adding an entire new pve raid is less work than a single boss mob using pre existing mechanics like vessels and importing them into the ek...

I knew i shoulda stayed outa this pve thread.

Good luck

MOkvLlm.png

I think players should be able to pretty much do whatever they like in their EKs; be it designing their own private paradise, a place for their guild to kick back, a public trade hub, a public FFA PvP hub, or.... shock, horror.... a public PvE-centric hub. It would be perfectly feasible without altering the fact that monster-based resource hunting would still primarily be a CW activity. In fact, it could be done in such a way that it provides wholly innocuous rewards, like alternative weapon/armor/mount skins, or something like that.

Edited by Zarae

make it cash-shop exclusive... and expensive, don't forget to make it expensive!!

ooor, other option... make all that stuff only available in dregs campaigns.. maybe only long and 0/100 CWs

both these options would actually please me very much

Edited by freeze