Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What kind of PVE would people want

About some PVE content  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What type of PVE content should Crowfall have during launch or shortly after?

• As it is, some mobs who gets stronger over time
    • Some campaigns with more PVE focused objectives
    • Allow players to make raids in their own Eternal Kingdoms

The only additional PvE I'm interested in seeing for CF would be simple spawner parcels that may or may not hold variable spawners for EKs.  At most, these spawners might protect one of the higher quality of the low quality resources to be found in EKs, purely by virtue of being located adjacent to the resource and requiring no additional programming, but I don't think there should be anything more to it than that.  The EKs are a make-it-your-own space and I think it would fit within the CF vision and budget to allow players to choose to have more dangerous EKs on account of these spawner parcels.  That said, this in no way approaches a priority for launch; this is just a nice add for the demographic who want to develop their EKs.  

No PvE campaigns, please.  Resources are supposed to be scarce in EKs so it wouldn't follow for people to be able to win big from PvE in the EK, and who wants to go through a PvE campaign to secure a few boards and a fish from the corpse?  Plus its a completely new game-mechanic that thematically doesnt fit CF IMO.  Now, if a hunger-stricken horde or giant monster wants to attack a battlefield in progress and kill indiscriminately, that I would welcome...

Edited by starrshipcs
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want the kind of PvE where I kill other players.  I think it is called open world PvE.  

PVE should be nothing more than a side show to the stated core content of this game, killing people... or crafting.   Splitting playerbases is a great way to cause problems.

CF needs some PvE content for a couple of reasons but PvP should be the focus.   1. We can't have 24/7 PvP Siege battles and only PvP stuff ,it would be boring after a short periode of time ( just s

Voted for the first one

In a PvP focused game PvE content should serve as filler to make to world more lively (which is already on the way) and to create additional PoI. 

However with Sieges, Caravans, Territory control, resource points (material locations, vessel graveyards, player made resource hubs like Castles, Forts, etc. ), Hunting down players for their resources I don't think we need addtional PoI. Also I think that open world dungeons may already be part of the game if you take parcels which limit the player movement to a more linear path (like a canyon/riverbed/mountain pass/etc. ). 

So I don't really see any point in adding PvE content to the game beside creating an even more dangerous aspect of the game with really Big Ass Monsters (yes, Tera's word) which drop the best/rarest runes or what not. 

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Voted for the third one, BUT not for launch.

I like the idea of Eternal Kingdom raids set up by players. If the rewards were resources that the players themselves had to go out into campaigns and win before they could offer it as a reward for raiding their EK then sure, then it won't threaten the PvP aspect of the game because it would need to be fed by it. It could be a great way for guilds to show off their bountiful resources.

I don't think it's a launch feature though, perhaps years down the line if the game is successful and they're looking to expand Eternal Kingdoms.

I think terrible dread beasts that can really do some damage would be great in any campaign. A way for things to drastically change like an unexpected storm sinking your navy before your big invasion. Maybe hordes of zombies, that in few numbers not a problem but in huge groupings can really distract you from the PVP. With those kinds of things we see who can hand multiple fronts or can capitalize on the enemis misfortune.

Author and Blogger Brad Hendrickson. Follow at facebook.com/createagrandstory

Make your story something worth telling.

when a world is created, I would like to see a random number of open world dungeons, some easy to find and some difficult to find. and a random number of world bosses both inside dungeon, and some roaming the land. and once a world boss is killed, it is gone for good from that world. 

when a world is created, I would like to see a random number of open world dungeons, some easy to find and some difficult to find. and a random number of world bosses both inside dungeon, and some roaming the land. and once a world boss is killed, it is gone for good from that world. 

Stealing boos kills would be fun.

• 2 months later...

Some sort of PvE that brings PvE and PvPlers together. Some random quest chain, pve grp needs to do something and pvplers need to protect them.

Quests won't likely be part of this game, nor any sort of strict or linear structure which players must follow. The Devs have said they want the game to be player-oriented, that any PvE content is purely to add to the survival elements of the game. Quests and raids would be created by players themselves, if any are to appear. 

Well new people will always need some guide to follow, and have a set of quest to give extra content isnt that bad of an idea. never sad anything about strict or linear.

Having a beginning area to learn the basics isn't bad, but having quests such as "go out, do this, and be rewarded with this" won't likely happen.

Rare world bosses would be could, also encouraging pvp, no?

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

I think that the PVE they plan on making will surprise people as it's exactly what this game needs. If anything I think that adding more depth to it would be the way to go.

Current plans to the best of my knowledge are to have PVE for resource acquisition (i.e. Leather, meat, etc.) and for P.O.I contention (i.e soldier spawners for keeps, and maybe the occasion bandit camp holding a quarry etc)

What I'd like to see is to add depth to that system it make it more interesting but not diverging from the core of the game. The example that I had in mind was during the initial spawn into a campaign world in theory it's still a populated world with an existing population that are now coming to terms with the fact that their world is dying. They would of course begin siloing themselves already and bracing for the things.

So now that the world is dying we've come to do what we do to dying worlds harvest them for resources.

So instead of coming across the keep and just taking it over militaristically(which would always be an option) there could be a diplomatic approach in which you get that kingdom to ally with you, now you'd have access to their keep, the soldier spawners, maps of the area, supply chain etc. They'd be incentivized to do it as one the players are way more powerful than they are and two you could offer salvation. Same for the bandit camp could exterminate or ally and then use them as a raiding fodder or delay force if the poi is attacked by other players.

TL;DR: pve should support pvp and add layers to the experience

English is my primary language but my phone don't care.

Edit: I understand that level of depth shouldn't be a launch item as the AI required isn't something they plan on having in the game but it would be a nice to have add eventually.

Edited by Mivan

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."

You know when you're "jungling" in a MOBA or killing creeps in an RTS to power up your character/army? That's what the "PvE" is in this game. It serves a purpose within the context of the overall strategic picture, but it doesn't fit into the traditional conception of PvE gameplay which so many people seem to want to project onto it.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

While you are certainly within your right to make as many suggestions as you want, you need to understand that creating the type of content that you want costs a lot of time and money, time and money which ACE does not have.

Furthermore, stuff like raids and dungeons are not part of the vision for this game. In other games, these activities are a means to get gear, but all gear in CF will be crafted. Don't expect that to change because it won't. They aren't going to undermine crafters by providing raid loot. They aren't going to undermine the competition of the campaigns by providing content that doesn't contribute to winning or losing. 

So in short, no matter how many times you suggest it, they aren't going to add more PvE to the game. Not now, not before launch and not after launch. The type of PvE that you want has no place in this game. There are plenty of other games out there that have it, if that is your interest.

I hope they do more with PvE, because it will bring in more players that will pay for more PvP development.  What I hope doesn't happen is that some corner is turned where they stray away from a PvP focus and start making PvE the focus.

But at a minimum we should have Shadowbane style mob camps, or basic quests, wandering animals etc.  I voted for the 3rd option, not to have "raids" but to allow the owners of EKs the option to setup PvE zones using the already existing (hopefully future constructed) monsters in their EKs.

lUvvzPy.png

• 2 weeks later...

Altho I hope that the devs spent thier time on more usefull things than enabeling players to create dungeons in thier ethernal kingdoms. (Becouse any amount of time that they have to spend on this will take away from the core aspects of the game). I must say that I'm not against this idea, as long as it will not result in any loot or rewards that are asociated whit these player created "raids". Becouse otherwise you'll just end up forcing players to participate in PVE content.

About 40% of people would want some more PVE related content. Even more threads are appearing suggesting raids and similar things. Would be interesting to know what devs are thinking about this topic.

33 crows on a player base of 131,321 (and counting) accounts are definively far from 40%.

I suspect this thread is not worth of consideration by developers, expecially when it is clearly stated since kickstarter that we have not to expect anything similar about PVE.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano