Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

First look: Ranger powers & UI - Official discussion thread

Can't wait to see the ranger in action. I like the concept of switching styles alot! Should lead to interesting situations when fighting with and against a ranger vessel.

Definitely some interesting concepts in here... 

This may be the first game ranger is not my default choice...

I like the fact you can hide, rather than stealth, as that will ideally let you take your time and choose your shots... But I'll have to see it in action.

The zoom sounds familiar... It also sounds like they really do want the ranger to stand in one place and shoot stuff. 

Personally I don't like ammo, but I concede it is the right feel for Crowfall.

Over all I look forward to seeing it in action / trying it out. 

We sorely have a need for a “runner killer” role in our playtests and the Hunger Dome, which is why we are placing this on the Ranger now.

Yes, and thanks!

I was hoping for a ranged snare, but I suppose a blink+snare gets that job done. I suppose Snare Ammo could be added as well.

Hide is a mode that renders you invisible as long as you remain stationary and does not swap your power tray.

Stealth is a mode that renders you invisible until you move, attack or take a damaging hit; when activated, your power tray is swapped to a stealth power tray.

Not sure what I think about both Hide and Stealth breaking on movement. Perhaps mobile Stealth is something that would come from Disciplines and/or Promotions?

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

I use all my arrows, switch to melle and use my energy... At that point the only thing i can do is L click in melee or run far far away to make new arrows?

I think you need to add energy regen on melee skill, or increased crit chance on L click so it can regen energy via the passive

Im also curious how many arrows can a quiver hold? 20, 100?

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

I use all my arrows, switch to melle and use my energy... At that point the only thing i can do is L click in melee or run far far away to make new arrows?

I think you need to add energy regen on melee skill

There is this one I suppose:

When the melee powers tray is active, Wicked Intentions grants a small amount of energy restoration anytime the Ranger lands a critical hit while in melee mode. (This should enable the Ranger to stay in melee mode much longer if they see a frenzy of critical hits.)

I would also guess that Rangers who promote to Bandits will have additional ways to generate energy without relying as much on ranged.

IhhQKY6.gif

Looks pretty cool and I'm kind of glad it won't be in the hunger dome tests (I think). I can imagine a bunch of rangers hiding in the keep until the very last minute.

As for running out of arrows and energy, that could be a problem, but maybe the ranger is supposed to be more of a "sprinter" than "marathon" fighter? Like they can't fight for as long as other archetypes without needing to replenish their resources, or at least manage them better. With the amount of power it looks like they have, it could be a good offset, but we'll have to see.

nYgae2w.png

Lots of awesome stuff here. The skill-cap for the ranger seems like it's going to be pretty high with the action bar shifting and cooldown management. Pretty stoked for it despite the fact I'm pretty sure it won't be my main archetype at release.

This update got me pretty excited for the Assassin though :D

Looks pretty cool and I'm kind of glad it won't be in the hunger dome tests (I think). I can imagine a bunch of rangers hiding in the keep until the very last minute.

As for running out of arrows and energy, that could be a problem, but maybe the ranger is supposed to be more of a "sprinter" than "marathon" fighter? Like they can't fight for as long as other archetypes without needing to replenish their resources, or at least manage them better. With the amount of power it looks like they have, it could be a good offset, but we'll have to see.

I get what you're saying but if you can just slow and shoot enemies from far, and then when they get close to you, you just stab stab them and "kcuf" them up it would be pretty op, like Zybak said it's about managing those cooldowns, timing your shots, gotta make them count, otherwise i think it would attract the generic warcraft hunter player

why's noone crying over this? I want to rub it in

They might change it, like i imagine Stalker and Assassin to be stealth based, either full stealth or like an on cooldown stealth, im hoping they change it id rather have my ranger be able to hide and blend in and my sneaky sneaky archetypes be able to be the class cannon stealthers