Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

Adding some new bundles to get people into testing

So, we purchase 1 figurine that can summon 1 animal and not a skin we can reapply over and over? I suggest maybe to change the wording of the mounts and pack animals to make this a bit more clear? Might be better to remove the word skin.

From the Mounts FAQ:

"The Kickstarter mounts will be limited in use, like normal figurines – but we WILL give you a way to get the visual appearance back, if they are lost in gameplay. Our goal is not to make these “permanent”, but rather to make them temporary, but recoverable. We do want you to be able to continue to use them over the lifetime of the game, though, to show other players that you were an early backer."

It seems to me that the appearance skin would be "permanent", but the figurine you also get with your purchase decays like any other item, eventually needing to be replaced.  You could then acquire another pack animal (either through the game or the store) and reapply the skin you still owned.

As far as I know, they haven't announced how many "active" pack animals you can have at once, so the second permanent skin may or may not be redundant.

Edited by Hyriol

I'm working on adding some mini-bundles that would only be presented to our Kickstarter and 2015 customers in the store, as currently they can't upgrade for testing without just buying random items (which we don't have enough of yet).

Well, i don't know. But in my opinion it would be worse to be more or less forced to buy randomly bundled items, than just to buy random items which i could at least choose myself. Because i see no difference between the items within those supplementary packages and those allready available in the shop.

Why not just giving a special discount to all or some actual shop items? Maybe valid only up to a specific total sum spent by an account. Sounds much easier to me. But maybe i am just naiv. :) 

2W1ZHpA.jpg

I'd appreciate if they pursued new customers instead of milking the desperate.

But I'm sure it's cheaper to sort some bundles rather than market an unformed game...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

This might be a little dumb to ask, but are these mini-bundles upgrades to our existing bundles? or are they separate bundles we can buy and keep/give to a friend?

Main reason i ask is cause i have a friend who has been interested in crowfall with me for a while but he definitely doesnt have the 100ish$ to pay for a bundle with alpha 3 or anything above that. 

Backer (Kickstarter or 2015) to Allpha 3 Testing  $40 value

Sells for $30
2xVIP
2016 quarter horse
Alpha 3 testing access

So if i bought this for 30$ and gifted the pack to my friend would he be able to play SP with me when alpha 3s get invited??

Yeah, I realize the Pack Pigs are used for caravans. Maybe I made things more confusing, so I'll try to explain better what I meant with my question earlier.

Let's start with this quote from the Store:

So, the Pack Pig we purchase is a skin. We can apply this skin to our pack animals or beasts of burden. I assume we can use this skin as many times as we want on different animals. Hence my question, why do I need 2 skins when I can reapply 1 on multiple animals?

Maybe my assumption is wrong, and we can only apply 1 skin to 1 animal at the same time. But if this is the case, better start communicating this, because this changes things a lot.

Edit:

The more I read the Pack Pig description, the more I think I was wrong in my assumption.

So, we purchase 1 figurine that can summon 1 animal and not a skin we can reapply over and over? I suggest maybe to change the wording of the mounts and pack animals to make this a bit more clear? Might be better to remove the word skin.

All these sound like great questions for Todd, not me.  :)   <buck passed!>

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

This might be a little dumb to ask, but are these mini-bundles upgrades to our existing bundles? or are they separate bundles we can buy and keep/give to a friend?

Main reason i ask is cause i have a friend who has been interested in crowfall with me for a while but he definitely doesnt have the 100ish$ to pay for a bundle with alpha 3 or anything above that. 

So if i bought this for 30$ and gifted the pack to my friend would he be able to play SP with me when alpha 3s get invited??

These mini-bundles will apply the individual items to your account.  You can gift the items but not the bundle in other words.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

I'd appreciate if they pursued new customers instead of milking the desperate.

But I'm sure it's cheaper to sort some bundles rather than market an unformed game...

I wouldn't count on that. As they have told their potential investors: "Even a small community (100,000+) monthly customers will generate significant revenue ($20m to $50m annually)". $20m to $50 annually for ~110,000 customers (they wrote +100,000, but also wrote "small community", so I guess they meant around 100-125K) is, in average, between $180 and $450 per player per year. And assuming half of the players will only buy the game and purchase VIP tickets from players in-game, it would mean that they expect a lot of players to pay a lot of money. My understanding could be wrong though.

These mini-bundles will apply the individual items to your account.  You can gift the items but not the bundle in other words.

Just to clarify are you saying that each thing listed in the proposed bundle below is an individual item I can gift (or potentially sell to the third party sites?)

Because that means you are now selling THE GAME plus bonuses for $30. Reason I ask is you stated:

We valued the testing at $0 on all prior and current pledge packages, and this remains true here.

Or you are only selling ACCESS to the game while in testing but people will need to buy the game later after launch? Either way that's a huge incentive unless these are "upgrade only" bundles and Alpha 3 Access isn't a giftable item.

Sells for $30

2xVIP

2016 quarter horse

Alpha 3 testing access

Edited by Keaggan

Just to clarify are you saying that each thing listed in the proposed bundle below is an individual item I can gift (or potentially sell to the third party sites?)

Because that means you are now selling THE GAME plus bonuses for $30. Reason I ask is you stated:

Or you are only selling ACCESS to the game while in testing but people will need to buy the game later after launch? Either way that's a huge incentive unless these are "upgrade only" bundles and Alpha 3 Access isn't a giftable item.

Sells for $30

2xVIP

2016 quarter horse

Alpha 3 testing access

It's like an upgrade I think and it's only available to those with at least a contributor bundle (which includes the game already).

Edited by courant101

None of these bundles include a copy of the game.

Or you are only selling ACCESS to the game while in testing but people will need to buy the game later after launch?

Correct, these bundles would get you the listed items and access to testing.

IhhQKY6.gif

I wouldn't count on that. As they have told their potential investors: "Even a small community (100,000+) monthly customers will generate significant revenue ($20m to $50m annually)". $20m to $50 annually for ~110,000 customers (they wrote +100,000, but also wrote "small community", so I guess they meant around 100-125K) is, in average, between $180 and $450 per player per year. And assuming half of the players will only buy the game and purchase VIP tickets from players in-game, it would mean that they expect a lot of players to pay a lot of money. My understanding could be wrong though.

Not sure where the quote is from, but I don't doubt that it's real.

Notice that you wrote monthly customers. So, those 110k are at least VIPs.

Meaning that they expect ~220k average total players, if your 50% estimation is correct... which isn't that unrealistic considering how many players a mediocre early access survival has these days, and how many players actually use cosmetic cash shops in EU/US.

110000 x $15 (VIP) x 12 (months) ~ $20m, which is where the low estimation has been taken.

There are a couple of factors to consider though, in order to make the higher estimation:

1a. It's unlikely that the number of players is static, so if they expect an average of 110k VIP customers, they're taking into consideration that for each player that leaves the game, another one buys it. If we say that the ratio of leavers is 20%, in this approximation, we're basically saying that 20% of the total playerbase is buying the game once a year. So, 0.2*110000*$40 ~ $1m more to add.

1b. Same goes for the rest of the population that doesn't buy VIPs at all, but while they don't contribute to VIPs, the 20% of leavers/new players still counts, so there's another $1m to add.

2. Cash shop is supposed to be meaningful. Which means that whatever they're selling, cash shop income must amount to a decent percentage of the rest of the incomes.. in this case if we suppose the minimum possible (imho) being again 20%, we have to add ~$5m to the initial $22m pool for a total of ~$26m.

3. If they sell CF rights to regions other than EU/US, they will get a % of annual incomes from those as well.

So, you can see how changing a couple of variables here will easily bring the math to $50m (example: considering the # of VIPs or total players in the best scenario, or how much players actually spend for the cash shop and so on). I think $25-50m isn't that far from the truth, and they could actually get much more if the # of players keeps rising.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Not sure where the quote is from, but I don't doubt that it's real.

Notice that you wrote monthly customers. So, those 110k are at least VIPs.

Meaning that they expect ~220k average total players, if your 50% estimation is correct... which isn't that unrealistic considering how many players a mediocre early access survival has these days, and how many players actually use cosmetic cash shops in EU/US.

110000 x $15 (VIP) x 12 (months) ~ $20m, which is where the low estimation has been taken.

There are a couple of factors to consider though, in order to make the higher estimation:

1a. It's unlikely that the number of players is static, so if they expect an average of 110k VIP customers, they're taking into consideration that for each player that leaves the game, another one buys it. If we say that the ratio of leavers is 20%, in this approximation, we're basically saying that 20% of the total playerbase is buying the game once a year. So, 0.2*110000*$40 ~ $1m more to add.

1b. Same goes for the rest of the population that doesn't buy VIPs at all, but while they don't contribute to VIPs, the 20% of leavers/new players still counts, so there's another $1m to add.

2. Cash shop is supposed to be meaningful. Which means that whatever they're selling, cash shop income must amount to a decent percentage of the rest of the incomes.. in this case if we suppose the minimum possible (imho) being again 20%, we have to add ~$5m to the initial $22m pool for a total of ~$26m.

3. If they sell CF rights to regions other than EU/US, they will get a % of annual incomes from those as well.

So, you can see how changing a couple of variables here will easily bring the math to $50m (example: considering the # of VIPs or total players in the best scenario, or how much players actually spend for the cash shop and so on). I think $25-50m isn't that far from the truth, and they could actually get much more if the # of players keeps rising.

The quote is pulled from the offering they posted on AngelList last summer.

TRACTION: They blew up a Kickstarter campaign with 16,936 backers pledging $1,766,204. They now have over 20,000+ pre-purchases of the game and that number is growing. What's more, they are selling virtual items for use in the game world at a staggering clip and it shows no signs of slowing - meaning their monthly revenue is blowing up.

March - $30K

April - $60K

May - $75K

June - $135K

Again, that is the selling of virtual items for use in the game they are going to launch. The game launches December 31, 2016.

In the video game market, the genre of "Massively Multiplayer Online Games" is unique: these games are highly viral in nature, amazingly "sticky" (retentive), and have an exceedingly long lifespan. Even a small community (100,000+) monthly customers will generate significant revenue ($20m to $50m annually) and bona fide "hit" titles can generate an order of magnitude more. Further, these games generate predictable, recurring revenue for years, typically in the range of 5 to 15 years (or longer!)

To date, Crowfall has attracted over 80,000 email sign-ups, converted 20,000 of these into customers, and collected over $100 (average) from each backer. This has been achieved with NO marketing spend -- just viral spread and press attention. This indicates that Crowfall is in a perfect position to amass a strong customer base -- and even has the possibility of becoming a massive hit.

How I read it is that the number mentioned (100,000+) refers to the "small community" rather than to the "monthly customers".

But even in the case that they meant 100,000 monthly customers, those players would still need to spend in average between $200 and $500 annually to get to the expected $20M-50M annual revenue.

Also we've to consider that usually companies count each box sold as a unique player. Here in Crowfall, there are plenty of things that encourage players to purchase multiple accounts, so when I read "a small community of 100,000 players", it sounds more like "X0,000 real players, X% of them using multiple accounts".

I agree with you that selling rights for use in other regions may bring more money to ACE, but in the offering I think that they're talking specifically about how much money a small community can generate annually, rather than all the possible methods to earn revenues.

Edited by courant101

100% agree with the OP!

Also, would like to see more stretch goals, or something new for the existing backers that they could buy to raise more money.

Basically, give me something to buy and take my money!!!!

dulpoa76627.png

Just to clarify, this is for the 2015 bundles only ?

As a 2016 contributor (sadly this game wasn't brought to my attention until 2016) it's kind of a bummer. I get it, but none the less it's a bummer, if this all works out would there be any chance of this being available to 2016 people ? Or just the regular upgrade options?