Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I believe

Crowfall is not a single game. It's several games with variable rule-sets layered on top of a common architecture.

I suspect the Dregs will be full of niche players, while the possibility exist that Gods Reach plus Eternal Kingdoms, has the potential for commercial success.

Having belief is fine, but one should be realistic, can the average gamer make the paradigm shift to what Crowfall is, and can Artcraft manage the expectations of the MMO Nomads without compromising their vision.   

I suspect the Dregs will be full of niche players, while the possibility exist that Gods Reach plus Eternal Kingdoms, has the potential for commercial success.

I really, really, really want to see Crowfall take off and be massively successful... and have a dark abyss called the Dregs where only madmen play.

I hope it's successful enough to have lively servers, warrant several expansions and merit a sequel 5+ years after launch. Or just have really amazing expansions and the sequel won't even be necessary for longer than that :) .

• 2 weeks later...

It's a nice thought, but our learning curve is likely to be fairly steep.  and we're definitely trying to focus on long-term retention over optimizing for a wider audience (with limited development resources, you can't do everything, so better to pick your battles).

We are trying to build a design that will lead to player retention in months (or years) instead of days.  This is a different approach than most modern games; our industry is infatuated with customer aquisition and "optimizing your day 7 numbers".

We believe (and hope!) that our approach can build a great, sustainable business even with a much smaller audience.  50k+ monthly customers -- that really love the game and stick around forever -- would be absolutely fantastic.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

It's a nice thought, but our learning curve is likely to be fairly steep.  and we're definitely trying to focus on long-term retention over optimizing for a wider audience (with limited development resources, you can't do everything, so better to pick your battles).

We are trying to build a design that will lead to player retention in months (or years) instead of days.  This is a different approach than most modern games; our industry is infatuated with customer aquisition and "optimizing your day 7 numbers".

We believe (and hope!) that our approach can build a great, sustainable business even with a much smaller audience.  50k+ monthly customers -- that really love the game and stick around forever -- would be absolutely fantastic.

Todd

ACE

In poker all you need is a chip and a chair ... in Crowfall, I just want enough people to kill over and over again.  It is always better if I have the tools to hunt people down and then kill them when they think they are safe or out trying to make some coin.

Todd

ACE

If you build it, we will come...

I have to say that even though I think the game itself is more than good enough to keep 50k subscribers, I think the technical specs are currently too high to market to anybody other than niche gamers. I consider myself a PC gamer and will probably build a new rig when the game is released but, I have a gaming computer that's less than 5 years old that was barely able to handle the hunger dome. This is the same computer that runs Ark with no major issues which is one of the most demanding games on the market. I'm sure the optimization will bring those specs down but, having to drop 1,000-1,500 on a new computer to play a game is not a normal human thing to do.

That being said I think Crowfall is still not widely known so, help spread the word!

Todd

ACE

Thanks for your good work.

We, gamers, are supporting your game with money, suggestions, and when games comes out, while playing.

I hope this isn't the case on release, if people are sketchy in Hunger Dome then Large battles simply won't work. Even with high end rigs people will lag in large battles and that is just not good for any game that has large battles.

I think most MMOs have been created because a studio decides "to do an MMO" without a lot of forethought. 

Indeed. Which is why after being burned by past MMOs I still backed this game. I truly believe this isn't just a job or a new paragraph on their resumes', this is a calling for them to make this game.

I hope in the future it becomes a popular game because the more players the more active the game is. However, if this happens I sincerely hope the Devs stick to their guns and do not deviate from their vision, with a large population come a large amount of QQ and requests to change the game into something completely different.

Look at games like BDO, players played beta, they researched the game, they knew what to expect, and now they all whine and ask for the game to be changed in a million different ways which leads to the question, why did they purchase the game to begin with ? You don't go to McDonalds and demand that they replace all Burgers with Pizza.

While I do believe it is important to listen to the community, communicate, and from time to time make some suggested changes I also believe the Devs need to be firm when it comes to their vision.

Todd

ACE

This is the right response. Games like CS: GO have shown that even games with a lot of depth and high learning curves can still be big commercial successes. So far you guys have been giving all the right answers.

This is the right response. Games like CS: GO have shown that even games with a lot of depth and high learning curves can still be big commercial successes. So far you guys have been giving all the right answers.

Sorry, i don't follow. Are you saying CS: GO requires skills to be played?