Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tweaks and balances - Official discussion thread

Pann

Seems the Knight and Confessor got no love or hate. Seems like they are balanced pretty well.

A question: Why use 50000 HP values and not like 5000 even smaller? Max. Energy is like 750 on the bar, this is big difference in number size. Looks weird to me.

PS: Very unimaginative names in those screenshots ACE ... jeez. Here is some help: http://fantasynamegenerators.com   ;)

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

No one uses the 4th 5th attack because combat movement is bad... Add momentum already instead of changing stuff that doesnt need to be changed...

Like adding an out of combat mode that is abused every time i play... But instead of removing it you waste time doing even more work to try and fix a broken system

- edit -

A better system would be to use shift sprint as the dangerous fast movement that can be dazed, let it use less stamina so peope can use it more and fix the automatic "toggel" you out of combat mode for the fire healing.

Then you get
- a get away mechanic that can be dazzed
- a combat drop system that cant be abused
- a key we are used to using (shift) that is natural instead of q to drop combat (i see a lot people clueless as to how it works which should be a clue that its bad)

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

But instead of removing it you waste time doing even more work to try and fix a broken system

If they remove every system that doesn't work perfectly on the first pass I have a feeling that would waste more time than fixing the broken parts.

IhhQKY6.gif

How do you become Dizzy?

It appears they failed to mention that. I read that you have to be out of combat, dizzy AND get hit to get dizzy down. One could assume you aren't automatically dizzy if out of combat. 

Maybe they should just remove the ability to manually break combat and instead do like many games do where there's like a 10 second period you must go without being hit to "break" combat. 

This dizzy feature needs to be explained better. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

It appears they failed to mention that. I read that you have to be out of combat, dizzy AND get hit to get dizzy down. One could assume you aren't automatically dizzy if out of combat. 

Maybe they should just remove the ability to manually break combat and instead do like many games do where there's like a 10 second period you must go without being hit to "break" combat. 

This dizzy feature needs to be explained better. 

Based on the article, I'd guess it has to do with exiting combat.  Like if you have been in combat and exit, you become dizzy.  This is interesting and mitigates the fire strategy, but would not necessarily address the ability to escape in combat stance.  Perhaps coupled with an even bigger speed bonus out of combat, it could - chased would not be able to exit combat for fear of becoming dizzy and getting hit and for sure dying, but the chasers might be able to exit combat and get the run speed bonus and avoid being hit while dizzy.

this... I never understood the fascination with huge numbers in MMOs...

In this video, the person explains how big numbers are often used in MMORPGs as a form of feedback, to compensate for the lack of visual feedback when a character lands an attack.

Pretty interesting comparison between action MMORPGs like TERA and the more traditional ones using tab-target.

Edited by courant101

If they remove every system that doesn't work perfectly on the first pass I have a feeling that would waste more time than fixing the broken parts.

But thats exactly what they did...

The "auto time out" system wasnt working and people were bugged in combat not able to heal at fires.... No one asked for a "q" out of combat key.. They added that to "fix" the broken auto time out system and in the process made they game a lot worse

If they wanted a get away mechanic there are much better ways that dont add abusable mechanics

MOkvLlm.png

Nice news post. But once you give a partial patch note it opens up so many questions about what didn't make it in....

Like:

Lego heal only hits 3 grp members in big groups, bug or feature?

Confessor 4 ability now does 4k+ dmg regardless of whether target has sin stacks and is instacast AoE, bug or feature?

Confessor knock up power can knock everyone in courtyard into air, bug or feature?

Fights now cluster around fires because the regeneration rate and toggle able combat = in combat mass regeb, bug or feature? (Will dizzy address this)

I'm sure I have missed some. We've been posting the same bugs since the first January tests.

Less artificial Dizzy Down, more naturally integrated staggers/flinches/slow-on-hit please.

I think they'll head that direction if running away continues to be an issue in the future. They're probably waiting to see how momentum and other improvements play out first. 

The current "dizzy" system is just to punish people that get caught in out of combat mode. I doubt it'll actually help much when it comes to the problem with running away. 

Nobody seems to be talking about how we get to play the Ranger early...get hyped! Also Champion buffs yo!

Edited by Zybak

Also, the reason no Legionaire uses the 4th or 5th power in the long left click chain is because combat doesn't stand still for you to sit and swing in place for 6 to 8 seconds.

Any movement or repositioning by you or the target breaks the chain. The chain was impossible to use on anything but mobs, given the combat system.

The Champion dmg increase and mitigation nerf are probably just going to mean the Champs fall over even faster. The class has asurvivabilty/sustain problem. No one plays the class and the rare champ you see is usually first target and dies fast.

Did they say that?

"While we are working on the Siege Perilous ruleset, the most simple (and obvious) way to test the Ranger powers was to pull her into the Hunger Dome. To make that work, we had to do a few tweaks to the data that runs the Hunger Dome such as adding bows and arrows to loot tables. It’s a great testing area for us to go back and adjust balance for the other archetypes as well."

The way I interpret that is that they wanted to get some Ranger testing in before Siege Perilous (since SP isn't Hunger Dome)

Edited by Zybak