Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Tweaks and balances - Official discussion thread

"While we are working on the Siege Perilous ruleset, the most simple (and obvious) way to test the Ranger powers was to pull her into the Hunger Dome. To make that work, we had to do a few tweaks to the data that runs the Hunger Dome such as adding bows and arrows to loot tables. It’s a great testing area for us to go back and adjust balance for the other archetypes as well."

The way I interpret that is that they wanted to get some Ranger testing in before Siege Perilous (since SP isn't Hunger Dome)

The way I interpret that is that they have used the Hunger Dome as an environment for their own testing of the Ranger.

I'd like to try it in the Hunger Dome as soon as possible, so I hope you are correct.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

The article itself does not say anything about us being able to play ranger early, only that they have been testing her in the hunger dome...

However i think tyrant has said in chat that we will get tests before seige perilous that will inlcude the ranger

MOkvLlm.png

"While we are working on the Siege Perilous ruleset, the most simple (and obvious) way to test the Ranger powers was to pull her into the Hunger Dome. To make that work, we had to do a few tweaks to the data that runs the Hunger Dome such as adding bows and arrows to loot tables. It’s a great testing area for us to go back and adjust balance for the other archetypes as well."

The way I interpret that is that they wanted to get some Ranger testing in before Siege Perilous (since SP isn't Hunger Dome)

I wouldn't be surprised that they let the testers try the Ranger in the Hunger Dome if SP ends up getting delayed.

The way I interpret that is that they have used the Hunger Dome as an environment for their own testing of the Ranger.

Yea but why go through all the trouble of changing mob loot tables and implement the Ranger into the Hunger Dome just for internal tests?

Edited by Zybak

Yea but why go through all the trouble of changing mob loot tables and implemented the Ranger into the Hunger Dome just for internal tests?

I agree that it seems likely, I'm just debating whether or not they actually said we will.

IhhQKY6.gif

Also, the reason no Legionaire uses the 4th or 5th power in the long left click chain is because combat doesn't stand still for you to sit and swing in place for 6 to 8 seconds.

Any movement or repositioning by you or the target breaks the chain. The chain was impossible to use on anything but mobs, given the combat system.

Actually, you can move between combo abilities, though you have a limited amount of time to do so.

The problem is that there are too many abilities that interrupt combos. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the confessor's ability that knocks people into the air didn't have a 5 mile radius :P

Actually, you can move between combo abilities, though you have a limited amount of time to do so.

The time is quite short, it is not like the 4 combo or the knight bleed combo where you can move with a visible timer between combos.

More importantly, you have to land the attack on an enemy on each swing or the power/regen doesn't go off. Swinging at the air doesn't get you anything and breaks the combo.

Your target essentially has to hold still.

Edited by angelmar

The time is quite short, it is not like the 4 combo or the knight bleed combo where you can move with a visible timer between combos.

More importantly, you have to land the attack on an enemy on each swing or the power/regen doesn't go off. Swinging at the air doesn't get you anything and breaks the combo.

Your target essentially has to hold still.

Well, with the changes, it will be more useful than the knight's basic attack. Now I'll probably get more mana by standing next to a lego than I will by spamming my own basic attack.

Seems the Knight and Confessor got no love or hate. Seems like they are balanced pretty well.

A question: Why use 50000 HP values and not like 5000 even smaller? Max. Energy is like 750 on the bar, this is big difference in number size. Looks weird to me.

PS: Very unimaginative names in those screenshots ACE ... jeez. Here is some help: http://fantasynamegenerators.com   ;)

For may people bigger numbers tend to be more fun. However numbers that are too big are not. So its finding a sweet spot between 1,000s (generally considered fun) and millions (generally considered to much a hassle on the UI, unfun)

Since stats like attackpower convert to straight DPS it also gives us some breathing room so skills can grant +25 Attackpower rather than +5 Attackpower. (Again number perception and fun) (Yes you can divide those big numbers by 5 but convolution of the numbers yet again just leaves people scratching their heads)

As to how you get Dizzied. Get Hit once, while out of combat.

We added back in the auto leave combat, and funny enough, we all hate it. I kid you not. It seems to happen precisely at the time when you don't want it to happen.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

We added back in the auto leave combat, and funny enough, we all hate it. I kid you not. It seems to happen precisely at the time when you don't want it to happen.

I am not surprised by that. Suddenly falling out of combat mode while chasing someone down does not sound fun.

Did you consider a hybrid of manual toggle plus a timer? Rather than an automatic switch, simply prevent people from switching out of combat mode if they have been hit in the last 5 seconds or so.

IhhQKY6.gif

For may people bigger numbers tend to be more fun. However numbers that are too big are not. So its finding a sweet spot between 1,000s (generally considered fun) and millions (generally considered to much a hassle on the UI, unfun)

Since stats like attackpower convert to straight DPS it also gives us some breathing room so skills can grant +25 Attackpower rather than +5 Attackpower. (Again number perception and fun) (Yes you can divide those big numbers by 5 but convolution of the numbers yet again just leaves people scratching their heads)

As to how you get Dizzied. Get Hit once, while out of combat.

So, while out of combat, I move faster, but if it get hit, I become dizzy and take a higher amount of damage. And if I'm out of combat and Dizzy and am hit, I get dizzy downed. Sounds like I should always be alert. 

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

So, while out of combat, I move faster, but if it get hit, I become dizzy and take a higher amount of damage. And if I'm out of combat and Dizzy and am hit, I get dizzy downed. Sounds like I should always be alert. 

It sounds like stealthers will have a built in advantage.

Absolutely good decision. But - i spent to much time explaining people why they don't heal at the campfire (if they somehow managed to find the chat on their own). So it would be great either to make the combat mode more known to people or to let's say deactivate combat mode after let's say standing 8 seconds within a campfire radius without figthing (and/or without hitting some kind of remain-vigilant key). Actually the combat mode is some information that tends to pass people without them finding out about it. I think it would be better to give experts some additional possibilities (like remaining vigilant) instead of forcing newbies to pay the price (because of just not knowing). a middle way like the described one might be not the worst idea. just saying.

Edited by Kraahk

Won't the new dizzy system be a huge, huge buff to Assassins and those with stealth disciplines? Getting in that first unexpected hit on an ooc enemy will be a real advantage, even setting aside the element of surprise,

Absolutely good decision. But - i spent to much time explaining people why they don't heal at the campfire (if they somehow managed to find the chat on their own). So it would be great either to make the combat mode more known to people or to let's say deactivate combat mode after let's say standing 8 seconds within a campfire radius without figthing (and/or without hitting some kind of remain-vigilant key). Actually the combat mode is some information that tends to pass people without them finding out about it. I think it would be better to give experts some additional possibilities (like remaining vigilant) instead of forcing newbies to pay the price (because of just not knowing). a middle way like the described one might be not the worst idea. just saying.

I dunno man, if the words "Hit Z to toggle combat mode" that sits right above the action bar isn't enough not sure what else they can do besides sending a dev to everyone's house to personally explain it to them. Sure it doesn't say what the differences are but i mean geez if its there then that means it does something right? and if one can't figure that out for themselves... I just.. its a new game you figure stuff out thats what comes with the territory. Not at all a fan of making changes simply based on the uniformed and unable to figure things out. If its better mechanically and functionally for the game then great change it, but because some can't figure stuff out? Nope.

Edited by pang

I think they'll head that direction if running away continues to be an issue in the future. They're probably waiting to see how momentum and other improvements play out first. 

Oh god please yes. It's mandatory for me, unless they remove animation lock altogether and head for a different style.