Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reider

Some extra information of the stalkers from ThomasBlair

What are you basing this on? In a Team based game with specific roles, the Ranger/Stalker ideally hopping and bopping around. They entrench themselves and shoot. If the action gets up on them, out come the knives. We made some nods to this ala the Archer's Stake which is based on the interpretation that Archer's are at the back of the battle taking pot shots.

With the size of Stalker, early thoughts are he is even more of a sniper launching arrows the size of Javelins. (Kinda like Lurtz in LoTR)

Direct link to the post: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/11208-go-go-ranger-powers-official-discussion-thread/?p=261098

It seems that the model for stalker will be big.

Stalkers will have melee weapon as some of us supposed since the release of the Ranger melee stance. I hope they give the stalker a longsword/zweihander like the one from the D'Orion wallpaper,

And It seems like the bow will be big too, with huge arrows.

This all might change before the release of the stalker, but It is good to have new info about them.

It seems like it will be a sniper that will not fight melee that much, personally I would enjoy an Elken melee archetyepe, or at least I hope that I can focus the stalker into a melee fighter with disciplines, runes, etc.

Edited by reider

Yup, I'm excited about Stalker's sniping capability. This means, more likely, that while you won't be using as many arrows, your aim will have to be key to making each shot count. 

Stalkers will have melee weapon as some of us supposed since the release of the Ranger melee stance.

Where was the confirmation that they will have a melee weapon?

IhhQKY6.gif

[You should be able to edit. Go into edit mode, then find the "Full Editor" option]

Thank you, fixed.

Where was the confirmation that they will have a melee weapon?

the Ranger/Stalker ideally hopping and bopping around. They entrench themselves and shoot. If the action gets up on them, out come the knives.

The way Thomas wrote that it makes me understand that he is talking about both ranger and stalker having melee stances.

The way Thomas wrote that it makes me understand that he is talking about both ranger and stalker having melee stances.

Ok, I see it now. That does look like a confirmation of sorts.

IhhQKY6.gif

some old concept art pieces show 2h swords on the stalker's back

True, but that image is one of the gods, so it was always possible it didn't represent the archetype.

Personally, I have always expected them to have melee weapons. Perhaps, in part, because I think an archer who has no backup melee weapon is silly.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

True, but that image is one of the gods, so it was always possible it didn't represent the archetype.

Personally, I have always expected them to have melee weapons. Perhaps, in part, because I think an archer who has no backup melee weapon is silly.

yeah I'm fine with Stalker having use of a melee weapon as a last resort backup but I hope and am not expecting Stalker to get a full on melee mode with a bunch of abilities like the Ranger. Maybe one or two abilities just to hit and CC but that's it.

As a sniper, will we be seeing a longer range or more cc? Obviously Rangers and Stalkers are going to be different. I'd like to see them vastly different, not just reskins of one another. There's always that possibility.

Sneak home and pray you'll never know the hell where youth and laughter go.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

As a sniper, will we be seeing a longer range or more cc? Obviously Rangers and Stalkers are going to be different. I'd like to see them vastly different, not just reskins of one another. There's always that possibility.

Blair hinted at the Stalker being more of long range sniper type so yeah I can see it having longer ranges then well, the Ranger. I see the Ranger more of a hybrid than an actual ranged class with them having a full on melee mode. With Stalkers though I think they'll be more of a true physical range class for the game.

Edited by pang