Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elektrum

The Joy Of Villainy: Your Stories Of Theft

During launch a GM came down and hosted an event. The player who 'won' was given a truly unique ring which I promptly relieved him of and put it in my stash. The odd thing is I never used it, it was only a trophy.

Running with a rag tag bunch of new players through the highlands to seek the perfect spot for a guild tree, I stole the seed and felt instant remorse. Only I couldn't admit that I stole it so I handed it to a friend of mine and accused him of the wrongdoing. His protests fell on deaf ears.

Now I'm in a guild.. in the bank. You know how in real life hiding behind an open door is the oldest trick in the book? Well I did that and had gotten so deft at theft that I would steal from guild mates as they came in. What better trove than to target people full on loot? I think the resulting confusion was the best part. Though I was later found out and ran out of town.

We must understand that sandboxes work because the players will police themselves.

What are your stories of general grief?

Edited by Elektrum

I really can't recall any amazing thefts I engaged in, sadly. But thanks for putting a smile on my face! I hope others have some great stories to share.

@Shiden86•<Nendou|Jozefu|MooCow KungPow|KillerBewbies>

"Innovation requires risk; it's a key ingredient. We're comfortable with that, because we firmly believe that the core of this design is solid."

"Some of the people that we've attracted will figure out that this isn't the game for them. They will leave, and we'll thank for them giving our game consideration."

Oh man. These threads.

I've stolen seeds, talked people into passing me GL so I can place walls, created characters and pretended to be other nerds.

SB for me once I got bored of the gvg was all about solo play and acquiring peoples pixels in shady ways only to delete them before their eyes. Haha. I.e. stealing millions of in game currency only to delete it and send them a video. Lol.

When tera launched it was like the wild west for me, I ripped off so many guilds and role played as a rhyming bandit. Bah. Games are stale ATM.

Tears.

Edited by rixie

During launch a GM came down and hosted an event. The player who 'won' was given a truly unique ring which I promptly relieved him of and put it in my stash. The odd thing is I never used it, it was only a trophy.

Running with a rag tag bunch of new players through the highlands to seek the perfect spot for a guild tree, I stole the seed and felt instant remorse. Only I couldn't admit that I stole it so I handed it to a friend of mine and accused him of the wrongdoing. His protests fell on deaf ears.

Now I'm in a guild.. in the bank. You know how in real life hiding behind an open door is the oldest trick in the book? Well I did that and had gotten so deft at theft that I would steal from guild mates as they came in. What better trove than to target people full on loot? I think the resulting confusion was the best part. Though I was later found out and ran out of town.

We must understand that sandboxes work because the players will police themselves.

What are your stories of general grief?

Guilds must be just hitting up your inbox non-stop to join them lol.

I was open tree hopping on my thief and saw a tree on the list that wasn't there before.  I ported through and saw two people just standing there.  I went into stealth and peeked one of them.  He had over 30 million gold and several building deeds and racial vendors.  Apparently, he had opened his ToL to let someone through and I caught it at just the right time.  Neither of them had track LOL.  I made off with over 27 million gold, and several building charters and racial vendors. I then used his Runemaster and ported to Khar and banked. lol

Story #2  I kited a big ass ant from the Desert into Khar where everyone was selling things.  It killed several afkers and I looted a ton of runes including a commander, FC gear and gold.  It was a great day lol!  Later this was fixed so that you couldnt loot a corpse in a safe zone, but it sure was fun while it lasted.

Edited by cmurder

cmurder%20sig_zpsaq2rwphh.jpg

'04 or '05, some guy in SDR was trying to transfer a bunch of stuff, including one of the blue wizard anniversary gift hats, to his alt. i don't think the hats were uncommon at that point but i didn't have one and i wanted one.

so he's talking in /say to a friend, says "hey hold all this stuff i'll brb on $char_name". i logged out, created as similar of a name as i could, summoned myself to SDR, opened trade with his buddy and took all his stuff. 

guy logs back in and sees me wearing his blue hat and it was kinda lol

Edited by aeroch

NFC 4 LYFE / KNIGHTS OF SILVERMOON / LEGACY OF BRUTALITY / CULT OF THE HY'PHY / THE REPTILIANS

nUWOFCL.png

I had a habit of wiping out guild accounts.

As well as stealing weapons from nation mates when we were at mines.

Edited by rixie

this wasn't my theft story cuz i got stolen from but me and madro and drix and mort and biggie and (real)sabotage had a duping town on Mourning wayback in '05 i think. i forgot the specifics of the dupe but it was the one where you'd make two characters, pledge to one of the newb island hamlets, make the trade, drop tags, logout/yank the ethernet cord, and log back in 15 minutes later or something like that.

but we'd do that all day in this town and dupe and dupe and dupe. then Whoopin comes to our town and pks drix and takes a full dupe set worth of runes, resources, gold, etc., then he recalls and pks drix at the ruins again. so we pk drix @ the tol, and Whoopin pks drix at the ruins, and this goes back and forth until we break all his gear

and that's the story of how Whoopin met the NFC bros

edit: i'm pretty sure you didn't have to yank the ethernet cord either so i'd do this and be internet-less for 15 minutes at a time while the rest of NFC bros were probably lollin @ me 

Edited by aeroch

NFC 4 LYFE / KNIGHTS OF SILVERMOON / LEGACY OF BRUTALITY / CULT OF THE HY'PHY / THE REPTILIANS

nUWOFCL.png

I didn't pull this off but one of my guildmates (Mau) did on the Wrath server where LB got baned by MQ and we are losing our town down on Bog Island to their numbers as we lost people to RL as the night went on. So MQ is having everyone hit our tree with siege weapons and having all of their resource rolled weapons in their pack. Mau logs on his thief and starts stealing and destroying them, their scout finally figures out he is there and revels him but he doesn't run away he keeps stealing and destroying weapons. The idiots keep bashing on the tree as Mau runs up in plain view, peek then steals their 110% weapon and turns to the next. He got like 8 or 9 more weapons AFTER the scout revealed him. It was amazing how many players thought a thief had to be in stealth to be able to steal so they didn't react until after losing their weapon and crying "Hax!"

Edited by gauis

Most recent one was on magicbane. Got an alt into CN open tree. Why they opened it, idk. So got an alt in and repledged from city to city in their port list (huge of course) to see what buildings were friended to just anyone in the guild.

And there were several. Mostly siege tents where they put stat runes and contracts in the inventory of vendors. But the best one was a town in which every single building (well not walls and the ToL) was friended to basic members. So I junked all their gear (crap), pulled their vendors and the remaining gold. Then put it on the forums for them to see.

I'll talk about my own fail.

I had a tree on Braialla I had subbed to ODB. Jerry told me he wanted to trade trees with me and I said why not. Well I give him the tree and he immediately desubs me and PKs me. I was slightly unhappy with how the trade turned out.

A couple weeks later he ended up giving me a bane scroll and I took some noob guilds tree.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Oh man. These threads.

I've stolen seeds, talked people into passing me GL so I can place walls, created characters and pretended to be other nerds.

SB for me once I got bored of the gvg was all about solo play and acquiring peoples pixels in shady ways only to delete them before their eyes. Haha. I.e. stealing millions of in game currency only to delete it and send them a video. Lol.

When tera launched it was like the wild west for me, I ripped off so many guilds and role played as a rhyming bandit. Bah. Games are stale ATM.

Tears.

Half up front! :lol:  I still can't believe that worked, you would figure people have learned over the years

I remember at the end of Braialla IRA and myself were extremely successful wizard trolling the safe holds. People still fall for that poorly made socks and it's hilarious.

I remember at the end of Braialla IRA and myself were extremely successful wizard trolling the safe holds. People still fall for that **** and it's hilarious.

can't forget good times of random summons :P