Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elektrum

The Joy Of Villainy: Your Stories Of Theft

Story #2  I kited a big ass ant from the Desert into Khar where everyone was selling things.  It killed several afkers and I looted a ton of runes including a commander, FC gear and gold.  It was a great day lol!  Later this was fixed so that you couldnt loot a corpse in a safe zone, but it sure was fun while it lasted.

Har!!!   Well played, mate, well played.

The Shipwrecked Pirates

www.thesaltymaid.com

We could definitely give this thread double duty and the most noob thing you got pawned into. Which mine isn't that serious, but I still lost 3mil over it. A guy told me he was selling skydancer for 13 mil. You can only hold 10mil in your inventory. So he told me to trade the 3mil up front. I didn't realize that people typically would give you something of equal value to hold and you give them the runes back on the last trade. So I traded the 3mil to the player and was going to give the other 10mil for the skydancer. The toon logged off. Then I realized the guy was part of an open tree and I got owned. Was only 3mil and that economy was so strong then it really didn't matter. But still felt wonderful.

Byr once stole from my scout when I was R5. I knew he was on track, had eyes up, and bled him immediately at max bow range. He closed the distance and never appeared to stop running on my screen. I had no idea you could literally have someone drive by pickpocket you. I lost like 5k, but it was just the pride factor at that point.

I remember Stratis Fear talking about a fight he had against Dyson? near Khar. Apparently, Dyson stole all of Stratis' loot during the fight, so when Stratis cut and ran, he did so with empty pockets. This was back in 2003, so my memory is fading on the other guy's name.

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

Never played a teef, but my wizard ported a lot of people out of SDR and murdered them for their goodies. Guy deleted 2 FC items I was offering to buy rather than let me have them though. QQ

OJN1n7E.png

Let me tell you about one of the many times i griefed SirSteven of dragonscale... i of course had a spy character planted in dragonscale since they just invited whoever asked, good SIrSteven and his queen Eliantha often cybered hardcore in their keep. so much so that they both undressed their characters completely. So, one time while they were getting their cyber on, i snuck my thief inside. remember how you could name items in sb? yeah, i stole like "SirSteven's Sword of the Mighty King" or something along those lines, then killed them both. pics to prove it!

ScreenShot10182006_19_40_24.jpg

ScreenShot10192006_03_27_14.jpg

ScreenShot10192006_03_19_54.jpg

good times... i'm excited that Dragonscale will be back, so many targets..

Edited by cias

Good times. I think that was when it was just you, me, az and dru hanging out in subsonic's merchant city. The ensuing bane was fun. Wish I still had the images from our kill shots spamming guild chat on our furies .

Good times. I think that was when it was just you, me, az and dru hanging out in subsonic's merchant city. The ensuing bane was fun. Wish I still had the images from our kill shots spamming guild chat on our furies .

yes it was.. then after that DS baned us and i think we got what was left of QFT to come and we destroyed them like 10 vs 50+ or something haha

They were bad, but there were so many. I think they did manage to break through the first wall before we destroyed the bane stone. Fun night. I think I had an early class the next morning too.

One time on my scout I joined this group grinding scorpions or something outside of the big desert city (I forget the name). Anyway, I was on thief duty, and spotted one kinda just chillin' out at what he probably thought was the edge of my detection range. Rather than attack him, I whispered him. He was a super nice guy, and we got to chatting, and decided that we could both make a killing if I looked the other way as he robbed my party members blind. So he did. Over the course of a couple hours. There was a lot of 'what the hell I lost an item' near the end, and I had to walk around trying not to hit him with reveal, but we did pretty well. I met up with him in town after, and we split the loot. Nice guy. Sorry party members.

This other time, on the test server, I rolled a character with the same name as one of the leaders of one of the newbie freeholds, then founded a city in the middle of nowhere with the same name as said freehold. Yknow. To attract new players and stuff. Anyway, some friends and I surrounded it with walls (And no gate), and slaughtered any newbies that ported to it. Sorry, newbies. Also Sorry to the GM that had to respond to the petitions, and had to delete my town. RIP.

Probably the worst thing I ever did though was during a friendly rivalry with another guild on the test server. I got friendly with the rival guildleader on an alt, and let him believe I was a girl I R L. During a siege on some city that we had an interest in (I forget why), I fed the guildleader exploits on my alt (who was participating in the siege), then reported him for using them on my main (who was participating in the defense). Sorry Ralcor. <3

Edited by drakkus

One time on my scout I joined this group grinding scorpions or something outside of the big desert city (I forget the name). Anyway, I was on thief duty, and spotted one kinda just chillin' out at what he probably thought was the edge of my detection range. Rather than attack him, I whispered him. He was a super nice guy, and we got to chatting, and decided that we could both make a killing if I looked the other way as he robbed my party members blind. So he did. Over the course of a couple hours. There was a lot of 'what the hell I lost an item' near the end, and I had to walk around trying not to hit him with reveal, but we did pretty well. I met up with him in town after, and we split the loot. Nice guy. Sorry party members.

This other time, on the test server, I rolled a character with the same name as one of the leaders of one of the newbie freeholds, then founded a city in the middle of nowhere with the same name as said freehold. Yknow. To attract new players and stuff. Anyway, some friends and I surrounded it with walls (And no gate), and slaughtered any newbies that ported to it. Sorry, newbies. Also Sorry to the GM that had to respond to the petitions, and had to delete my town. RIP.

Probably the worst thing I ever did though was during a friendly rivalry with another guild on the test server. I got friendly with the rival guildleader on an alt, and let him believe I was a girl I R L. During a siege on some city that we had an interest in (I forget why), I fed the guildleader exploits on my alt (who was participating in the siege), then reported him for using them on my main (who was participating in the defense). Sorry Ralcor. <3

Lol wow bro you are hardcore.

The only notable theft I remember was telling a renowned thief on our server what my nations routine for keeping the commander rune locked down was, so that he would steel it from one of our officers, i knew he would run to the nearest portal i waited for him to get in range, and while on well set up alts me and my best friend killed him and took the rune so we could sell it on the market instead of letting our guild continue to take 100% of the proffits lol.

I remember on Vengenance, I had a character in the guild that was a precursor to Beyond Reproach. I'd rename my city to the same as their's (use a capital I instead of an l) and then watch for people requesting a summon. I met Zooks that way heh.

Who remembers the fiasco that happened to the leader of LKK? Myrik Justicar?

Edited by Varg

this wasn't my theft story cuz i got stolen from but me and madro and drix and mort and biggie and (real)sabotage had a duping town on Mourning wayback in '05 i think. i forgot the specifics of the dupe but it was the one where you'd make two characters, pledge to one of the newb island hamlets, make the trade, drop tags, logout/yank the ethernet cord, and log back in 15 minutes later or something like that.

You're welcome for that. At least. I think I was responsible for the replicable method. It came to me as heresay of someone who didn't know how but was able to dupe inventory. They made a toon, went to level, decided to remake, traded and logged back in with 2x items. Bojangles and I immediately went to town to figure it out. We didn't have a working dupe yet that server so times were tough.

I had one on Chaos back in the day. One of the first servers. I was a part of Warrior Nation. One day after camping the Commander rune for a few hours, some jerk from a sub guid came up and killed it before I noticed. Semi-afk. I threw a fit and the IC tried to talk to him about giving it to me. He threw a fit and unsubbed. First server war ensued. Another sub, on the undead island, dropped and was running out to drop a bane. My group noticed it go down in Nation chat, saw them on track, and began the hunt. When we caught up to them, and killed them, one had a bane stone to loot. Their trajectory was pointed towards another sub guild. There has been plenty similar stories like this, including ToLs, it this was my first and thusly most memorable.

I once stole one of the Orge costumes from someone outside of Khar. It would turn you into a creature, there were a few of them, but would break on spell cast, so it was a gimmicky toy. It didn't break on bard chants though. Then, I learned it would someone, I assume brokenly, allow me to cast the dispelled buff power onto others players, while in the safe zone. People would get so maaad. This is back when you could buff stats and they would count as your base stats allowing things like a level 10 minotaur all strength barbarion to equip a 100% weapon and shield with such little trains. I'd target those lowbies getting buffs the most.

I may not have stole many items in-game but I'd say I sure did steal a lot of joy from other people.

Or4vDvn.png

The first week on fear server as my thief kieffer I stole a tree from ebonlore. At the time I did not even know what it was just thought it was a odd object in the inventory. 

1) Deception, Game Launch in 2003.  Rolled a gimp as hell Elf Assassin. Ninja Looted millions first 48 hours from freehold groups.  Trickled just enough gold through to let the group keep going.  Fell way behind the leveling curve; bank rolled a City!

2) Chasing Byr on one of his max run steal thieves for about 15 minutes.  This of course being one of those times when Byr was not playing with us or was thieving on an out of guild character.  Was fairly amusing under the circumstances.  Probably had to be there.

Byr once stole from my scout when I was R5. I knew he was on track, had eyes up, and bled him immediately at max bow range. He closed the distance and never appeared to stop running on my screen. I had no idea you could literally have someone drive by pickpocket you. I lost like 5k, but it was just the pride factor at that point.

I remember Stratis Fear talking about a fight he had against Dyson? near Khar. Apparently, Dyson stole all of Stratis' loot during the fight, so when Stratis cut and ran, he did so with empty pockets. This was back in 2003, so my memory is fading on the other guy's name.

victory-guy-cheering-shouting-from-mtn1.

1) Deception, Game Launch in 2003.  Rolled a gimp as hell Elf Assassin. Ninja Looted millions first 48 hours from freehold groups.  Trickled just enough gold through to let the group keep going.  Fell way behind the leveling curve; bank rolled a City!

2) Chasing Byr on one of his max run steal thieves for about 15 minutes.  This of course being one of those times when Byr was not playing with us or was thieving on an out of guild character.  Was fairly amusing under the circumstances.  Probably had to be there.

The most fun part of thieving was always the getting away without using an evac.

I had a lot of great thefts over the years but the one that stands out in memory was a few days after the new/last(?) set of servers came up. I was playing on Saedron(again dont remember the names to well, hope thats right) where FTP had locked down the commander rune diligently and the server was starving for them. When I got there they had a full track worth of people, a dozen or so scouts and I was popped immediately. I played with FTP for a long while before this and was still on very friendly terms with most of their members. They were kind of bored, people wernt coming to really give them a fight so one of the scouts gave me the exact spawn time. Being the non-combat Thief I was, I got away from the 10 or so scouts chasing me and made my way back to the spawn in time to get set up. I went up to the top floor in one of those elvish buildings to buy an extra 20 seconds or so as scouts tried to find me, passwalled on top of the spawn at the time I was given, grabbed the rune and high tailed it out of there. I got a mix of rage tells and people just laughing their asses off. It was a great feeling.

Edited by byrr