Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

Goodbye Everquest Next

Well TBH, if you had been following Landmark at all for the last couple years this makes perfect sense.  SOE now DBG made the giant mistake of trying to smash Voxel Farm in to Forgelight and thought that would work well.  Meanwhile using Unity and UE4 you can literally hit export in the Voxel Farm engine and open it up in Unity or UE4.

They also thought that having the all the terrain as voxels was a good idea.  They just should have stuck to buildings and caves.

They spend about 60-80 million on EQN and all they have to show is Landmark, which at peak time has about 100 players online.

Yes they had some cool ideas but implemented all of them very, very poorly.

After my time in Landmark and after the sale of SOE we all knew this was coming.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Really terrible news but not surprising, there was zero communication for almost a year. If you're looking for that pve EQ vibe there is a pantheon rise of the fallen stream tonight on twitch 7pm est. More like what an everquest 3 could have been :)

Just read it.

I gonna go buy an extra ship now in Star Citizen... .

... . Damn!

Guys! People!

There must be a way out of this Dark Age of (Online) Gaming!

Somehow! Somewhere!

Why are you all blind and celebrate such pitiful, awful jokes of online games like The Devision?!

Wake up!

Its 2016 now already!

There must be more than this, there have to be!

Whats wrong with this gaming industry? Everything it seems!

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

It looks like Wildstar might get shut down pretty soon too. They cancelled the China release and laid off 70+ people. I was surprised they had that many people still working on the game tbh.

The silver lining to the Wildstar cuts: Crowfall could swoop in and pick up an entire raid design team (@CRB_Hildogen, @CRB_Hildogen, etc.) that has produced some of the best PvE content in any MMO. 

Just read it.

I gonna go buy an extra ship now in Star Citizen... .

... . Damn!

Guys! People!

There must be a way out of this Dark Age of (Online) Gaming!

Somehow! Somewhere!

Why are you all blind and celebrate such pitiful, awful jokes of online games like The Devision?!

Wake up!

Its 2016 now already!

There must be more than this, there have to be!

Whats wrong with this gaming industry? Everything it seems!

the big dev companies think PC gaming is dead and we all are playing on consoles or ipads. We prolly never see another baldars gate/neverwinter/elder scrolls immersive single player or large scale mmo again.

even the FPS games are ditching the campaigns and just doing multiplayer. Content cost money! Friggen diablo3 had a short story line and they expected you to play the same 5 levels over n over with just more mobs.

I hope Crowfall learns from their mistakes

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

http://massivelyop.com/tag/sunset/ < found this section accidentally the other day on MOP. So many graves...

I just read this.

Damn, I really have to say it!

When will these stupid developers come to realize that all their games suck.

Because if the dont lack ambition or know-how, they surely are lacking ressources.

None of them will ever be successful, or even just able to come anywhere near their expectations.

You cant do this with just the few resources they have, even if you want to and have the skill and know.how.

But must of them even dont want to it seems, because the majority of the games is lacking any ambition or inspiration.

Only way possible, to create an online game thats worth it, is if all these single scattered developers start to work together in an productive collaborative way.

Thats the only way to create something noteworthy.

Its 2016 already! Wake up finally!

On your own all of your single projects will mainly fail. Because even your game design/concept decisions often lacks any sense or understanding of gaming.

Imagine the resources for Star Citizen scattered around several single developer studios, all trying to make their own single Star Citizen game.

Their would never be a Star Citizen in this world. because they just cant make a game like that, if they all are trying to make it on their own.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

http://massivelyop.com/tag/sunset/ < found this section accidentally the other day on MOP. So many graves...

And white knights pretend like consumer doubts are irrational because developers are so reliable and consistent. Except they factually aren't. A majority of games in this landscape collapse, and most that survive fail to satisfy or carry major flaws regardless.

It's only sane to be wary and skeptical as we watch mistakes and shortcomings repeated by new endeavors. I mean even the successes were failures, look at FFXIV.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

sad, really sad.

besides CF, EQ Next was the only other game i was really waiting for.

The idea of interactive environment, building and destroying everything there is really made me interested in those two...

sure, there are games like minecraft... but i like graphics, story and aims and not only voxelworlds. voxelworlds are nice, but only amazing if they are alive. and filled with people like mmos are supposed to...

now, one is out... so lets hope even more, that CF gets it done.

I mean even the successes were failures, look at FFXIV.

That is a good point. Some of my favorite games have been failures. It makes me wonder if I should be hoping and praying that Crowfall fails.

IhhQKY6.gif