Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Max

Banks!?

Just throwing out a random idea and see what the logical people of the internet have to say  :P 

Wouldn't it just suck to be a crafter that is just about too finish his epic bow of awesomeness when suddenly, he needs one more stick to finish! Now lets say this poor crafter just spent all his trade-able currency purchasing the necessary materials for this bow, so he decides to go to CrowBank. There he borrows the stick he needs and creates his epic bow of awesomeness. His bow allows him to make a profit and later gives CrowBank a stick plus a rock as interest.

TLDR: Would it be possible to make a bank in Crowfall if you had a large enough reputation?

TLDR: Would it be possible to make a bank in Crowfall if you had a large enough reputation?

Sure it is. Just do it. I'll borrow many things from you. xD No, honestly, you will need to have a very good reputation, to make people deposit something in exchange. Or you need a good working army system to ensure you really will get your money later on. But i would advise you to be very carefull and include the inevitable losses in your price calculation.

My guild will be my bank.

I'll need protection for my dedicated crafter in Campaign Worlds (CW).

I'll want built-in, discount customers to stay busy and perfect my wares.

A good guild should provide all that AND allow my crafter to trade on the side.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

If you ran out of stuff you would have to go gathering yourself if you didn't have anything to trade.  I don't like to idea of banks.  I like the current system they have talked about it is to make PvP viable as well as crafting necessary.  Without banks, it ensures more community than self-dependence. 

If you ran out of stuff you would have to go gathering yourself if you didn't have anything to trade.  I don't like to idea of banks.  I like the current system they have talked about it is to make PvP viable as well as crafting necessary.  Without banks, it ensures more community than self-dependence. 

Well taking a loan you would need to interact with the community. And you will still have to gather items to trade and you will still have to trade to get other materials. But taking a loan would only be necessary if you need it soon. I don't think a bank would harm the system in any way.

I think banks in Crowfall will be like real life banks. They provide you with space and a modicum of safety for a fee. That doesn't mean they can't get robbed though....and in Crowfall there is no insurance...

What you said is nothing like real banks. Real banks your money is secure unless something happens to the government for the most part. It can be robbed and you'lre covered by insurance up to a certain amount per account. That just means you need multiple accounts though. Crowfall banks would just be all of the risks without the safety nets, and most likely you are really saying, "Here, take my money."

<Insert Witty Signature here>

Ah, well then they aren't like real banks but like how real banks used to be in the US. Quite a difference. I'd still never use it personally. I mean, maybe ONCE to ask for x money (mats) and never repay. :-)

Historical things are still "real." They aren't fake. I understand the confusion of his wording. Still...

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Historical things are still "real." They aren't fake. I understand the confusion of his wording. Still...

who called historical banks fake? You seem to think my comment implies I said (fake) real banks? I used real in both instances, one just referenced the past ones versus the current ones.

Edited by gehn

<Insert Witty Signature here>

I mean this as robotically as possible: you said "ah, well then they aren't like real banks...", but acknowledged that the banks described are, indeed, like historical banks. I realize what you meant, but just wanted to let you know that your wording was redundant at best and confusing at worst.

The original use of "real banks" wasn't specific enough for the meaning, as it came across (understandably) as "modern banks." Thus, they're both real, but one has the distinguishing attribute of being historical. The "they're not like real banks" part is incorrect and/or misleading. It looks like you're telling IdeaMatrix that he's incorrect/mistaken, instead of simply not specific enough.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

There should most definitely be a personal bank - in the sense that when your inventory is full you have a place to deposit the items that you've accumulated to keep them safe. Regardless if you have to pay for storage time I.E 1 week of storage is x amount of gold and if you run out of space you should be able to rent more space for an increased fee.

Then you could go about and make a GUILD bank in the EK or in campaign, the bank costs x amount of gold to have per week or month and then on top of that you could "hire" NPCS to defend your bank in the EK or campaign from other guilds trying to ransack it. Alternatively instead of hiring NPC's to defend your bank you could have guild members posted out side of the bank to wait for / protect against an invasion.

Personal banks cannot be attacked; however, have a small storage space.

Guild banks are attackable and can be looted.