Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hunger Dome “exceeds expectations” - Official discussion thread

Pann

"How can I describe [The Hunger Dome]? Stable, fast paced, twitch based and already fun. From the pitch my impression was that CF would utilize things that worked in the past, improve upon them and combine them with a few core innovative concepts to build the game around. Given its extremely early my opinion is…(feel the suspense)…that’s exactly what they are accomplishing.

It feels very familiar. I literally logged in the first time, glanced around the UI and started to play. Could the learning curve get steeper? Yes, and I hope it does. [...] I’m not worried about it feeling a bit simple at this point because its natural, there is a ton of content that will be added over the next several months, much of it will create the depth increase I’m looking for.

The pace is fast, not FPS fast, but faster than most older MMORPGs. The animations and movements already look nice and can only get better. I’ve always liked watching the action as much as participating in it (hence I play a lot of ranged) and CF is also doing well on that front. It’s not yet “flowy” (which I define as your moves and movement and the movement of enemies feeling natural and smooth) but the foundation has been laid."

I enjoyed reading this article, looks like a great way to approach things and make us remember that it's not all black and white: we can notice some big progress and there is still a whole lot to improve. Good job mister Tierless.

Thanks guys. If the Hunger Dome is the ground floor I'm very excited to ride the elevator to the top, even if that means a few bad guys (bugs) drop down onto the platform and try to gank us (and the client) along the way...yes I suddenly have the itch to play Streets of Rage

I role play a wordsmith.

Good read, don't exactly agree with the pace of combat being able to be classified as "fast" right now but otherwise good article. Maybe for melee classes its better but overall theres some progress that needs to be made in that area.

I agree. I went back and forth on that line and tried to describe the pace but even then I couldn't get it down. I almost went with "somewhere between GW2 and Tera" then I slapped myself and removed that pandora's box before the flames got me! 

I role play a wordsmith.

"From the pitch my impression was that CF would utilize things that worked in the past, improve upon them and combine them with a few core innovative concepts to build the game around. Given its extremely early my opinion is…(feel the suspense)…that’s exactly what they are accomplishing"

I have to agree with you Timothy, however we should never lose our skepticism towards game developers, they have generally earned our suspicions in the past.

And I think honest criticism challenges and motivates JTodd and Gordon, plus I think Artcraft will build the best game they can with the budget at their disposal.

And I hope Crowfall is a lucrative success for them and their Angels Backers; because building more game with less budget will innovate the industry.

I myself am tired of playing 50 million dollar pieces of crapola

Enjoyed the article Mr. Tierless    

• 1 month later...

I think in there current state, yes they are dead, but I strongly feel Crowfall will be one of the new leaders when it launches, I may be wrong but this is the horse I have chosen to back and follow and am putting my MMO hopes on.

For the night is dark and filled with terrors.