Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Add the creator's name to crafted items

Yon

I have a friend who enjoys playing his MMO's by being a crafter and foraging items. I have shown him Crowfall and he seemed really interested in the idea that even crafters could have their name known around the server. For example by providing only the best quality swords or armor. 

I've had this simple idea in my mind for a while now, it is to add the name of the crafter in to the item description. Adding a name to the description gives players a way to show off where they have bought their items from. Was it from the best swords crafter in the game that only sells to certain people or perhaps you got it from an enemy crafter from a hostile guild or maybe you found it in the grave of an ancient king that was buried there. 

I think this adds a fun element to crafting that makes it more social and makes items more relatable and precious. Perhaps your item was crafted by a dear friend who isn't playing anymore or it was a ring made by your Crowfall love. 

I suppose I'm getting a bit off topic now, but I quite like the simple idea. What do you guys think?

I've had this simple idea in my mind for a while now, it is to add the name of the crafter in to the item description. 

Ultima Online (the grand daddy of all MMOs) did this and that was back in 1997. 

I think it's already in the plan?

I also thought they already said they were adopting this too.

I think it's already in the plan?

Yea, they talked about it a while ago, not sure if it's still in the plans but that could be interesting for crafters.

"Crafting is a core component of Crowfall, and you've brought in some big guns with Thomas Blair and Raph Koster. From the details released so far, it seems that crafting is far more open to player choices than other mmo games. Can you describe how players can put their individual stamp on the items that they create?

Players will be able to affix their mark to their crafted items. The hope is when the player marketplaces start springing up, other players will seek out specific crafters based on using their gear in the past." http://mmo-play.com/mmo-blog/crowfall-interview