Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guild Wars 2 Expansion Confirmed!

Healein

New GW2 Heart of Thorns Expansion has been confirmed! whoooooooooo. SO EXCITED for this been waiting for years. Check out Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns Expansion Website for information on the Expansion.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOUk2y0K2m8

Edited by krevra

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

I was freaking out watching the trailer and the PAX reveal

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

I was freaking out watching the trailer and the PAX reveal

I wish there was a new race though .-., but the new stuff for classes and another class sounds amazing enough for me ( also i wish they didnt talk so much about nothing during the reveal .-. )

I hear ya on the new race. Not saying to stay hopeful about it, but i doupt we seen all the expansion has to offer yet not to mention we dont know any details about anything said really. Im very excited for the new features and specializations and new class in particular along with the skills and i hope this Stronghold mode is real GvG(And i dont mean 20 vs 20 )and not some PvE infested crap. Though to claim its GvG its cant be no 5v5. It has to be at least 8+ I dont see why in GvG people need freaking 20 to fight either. Just about no guild holds 20 SUPER good players that are around anymore at least. just a handful back then but they all retired i would say 8-12 is good for a gvg. But most important to me is this new WvW map. It better not be EOTM 2.0 That would cause so much outrage in the community of WvWers including me, and would just push me further away from GW2 if this new WvW map cant get it right.

We just gotta wait and see now for more information on HoT.

PLAY TO CRUSH

Not to mention GW2 is only 10 bucks right now, doesnt get better then that lol

PLAY TO CRUSH

I decided to throw them cashes and buy the game now it's cheap for a bit. xD Heard only good things really. (Minus the lack of big content updates, which one is being released.)

Last Call (A community guild for friendly peoples waiting out for CrowFall :P): http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/888-last-call-a-community-for-friendly-people/

• 5 months later...
Was thinking to start fresh in guildwars 2 with a new character yesterday..

But nope,to me they screwed up bigtime with one bad decision after the other.

No way i'm paying to switch between EU-US server as i have to do that constantly with friends on both ends.

I thought they would see reason eventually and bring the two closer together.

But now they also made leveling extremely irritating and boring with arbitrarily gated garbage.Its like they changed their mind with horizontal progression and went for vertical now.

Skills are now locked away and level gated..you must learn to spam autoattack first -_-

Bet they want to irritate players so they buy an instant max lvl scroll.

Well I ain't bothered anymore..

They are so out of touch,they deserve to be treated by the ranged 2hadned hammer of their new revenant profession,right in the face xD

No way i'm paying to switch between EU-US server as i have to do that constantly with friends on both ends.
But now they also made leveling extremely irritating and boring with arbitrarily gated garbage.Its like they changed their mind with horizontal progression and went for vertical now.
Skills are now locked away and level gated..you must learn to spam autoattack first -_-
They are so out of touch,they deserve to be treated by the ranged 2hadned hammer of their new revenant profession,right in the face xD

the new progression system is actually way better than what it used to be. poorly made socks I remember when you had to unlock your weapon skills one at a time

GW2 is worth any price, I payed 75$ on prerelease and played 5k+ hours, thats a few scents per hour playtime.

There is no better AAA mmo that offers such a price-perfomance ratio.

Stopped 4 months ago with regular playing because after this long time, the game get's too repetitive, but when the expansion comes out and delivers harder content, I will return.

If you start playing now, there is so much to do, that you will (no matter how long you play per day/per week) not fall on the short side of content until the expansion releases and delivers more; ~5k hours for 10$ right now are waiting for you xD.

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

I think GW2 has a lot of flaws... none of the content really seems to have any real substance... it's hard for it to when things are so easy that nothing feels gratifying.

The pvp can be good for those who push to the absolute elite level of play but you have to go through so much tediousness and the competitive crowd is so tiny that it ultimately doesn't end up being worth it. 

The skills get pretty boring pretty quickly and it starts feeling very repetitive... it might have been more interesting if they hadn't made it a tab target hybrid game....

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

the new progression system is actually way better than what it used to be. poorly made socks I remember when you had to unlock your weapon skills one at a time

Now you have to unlock weapon skills one at a time and they have level/time gated those skills on top of that too..yeey?
Now you have to grind and earn that which were default skills in game mechanics and,in your opinion,poor socks before..(I used to praise guildwars 2 but now its just time gating everywhere)
"Come and see,level till 40 and beyond just to unlock skills you used to have available to you all along,such a fantastic improvement to the system.Allows for 0 experimentation with builds.
So i guess you all have to figure that out much later when you are higher& decent level.
Welcome to level 30, you can now use traits & costumize your build...You have no traits unlocked.We'll be 'grandfathering' those by handicaping the intended builds of the original game by locking key traits away like that.
If they want to lock traits behind bosses cool,but this should have been decided before they went the way they did with skill design,as now they totally ruined mechanics,leaving no room for figuring out which way players want to go with their character from the go
Can't believe they keep shooting themselves in the foot like this.
I know i won't be getting the expension the way things are going.
What they really did imo is make progression more annoying & restrictive in the hope you'd open your wallet and buy an instant lvl 40 scroll and lvl tomes or something.

Let me correct something for you, I've played  guild wars 2 for almost 3 years

There was no "Scroll give you instant max level or buy it by real money"

Speaking of scrolls

there's only one scroll called "Experience scroll" this scroll comes to you for free each birthday on guild wars 2

so for example if you have register an account 21st of july 2015, next year at same day, same time you will get this scroll "Experience scroll"

77G2q8k.jpg

For your concerns about "max level" you can get to max level easily if you have played guild wars 2 so much.

Exploring, PvE,WvW , Edge of the mist, Dungeons, world events and your personal story. that's everything rewarding you.

PvP is easy too if you're a level 1 u can join pvp and put the right stuff for your profession and you can kill people if you're a good player.

Speaking of leveling there's a tome of knowledge that grants you "one level up" it drops as an exotic item probably 3% ~ 10% chance it might drops for you and No you can't "SELL IT NOR BUY IT" it's in-game drop it's rewarding you if you ever keep playing the game which it's free.

It's like hi buy our game only once then play it for free "you don't have to spend x amount to us every month"

how tome of knowledge looks like.

HEFTgTC.jpg

For transferring to another region

If you have a level 20 or below delete them all, it will take you an hour to get to level 20 which it's totally easy.

why deleting them? if you cleared up all characters you can transfer to any region between EU to NA for free, but keep in mind if you liked your characters transfer fee depends on population of the server

if it's

Very high: 1,800 gems (20$) I'd recommend (35$) for 2800 gems

High: 800 gems (10$)

Low: 400 gems (5$) but buying 800 gems = 10$ /=

--------

if you have enough gold..

you can convert your "GOLD" to have "GEMS" so if you totally have farmed enough gold you can transfer freely.

Full: you rarely can transfer to "Full servers"

Very high: 259 gold ~ 279 gold

High: 135 gold ~ 145 gold

Low:  68 gold ~ 75 gold

Cheers  ^_^

Edit:

Also crafting grant you exp up which it's also a bonus to mention.

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Maybe its only a matter of time before they offer instant max lvl scrolls..Judging by how annoying they made the progression system.

In guildwars 1 you were able to switch between US and Eu channel in a heartbeat,no costs or strings attached at all

Now if you want to play with both EU and US friends of gw1 you simply can't;either you delete all characters to switch between US/EU free or pay the fee cost

which is higher for high population servers...No way i'd pay like 20 dollars each time i want to switch between EU and US server.

Another poor design choice that separates the players that used to play together in guildwars 1

Maybe its only a matter of time before they offer instant max lvl scrolls..Judging by how annoying they made the progression system.

In guildwars 1 you were able to switch between US and Eu channel in a heartbeat,no costs or strings attached at all

Now if you want to play with both EU and US friends of gw1 you simply can't;either you delete all characters to switch between US/EU free or pay the fee cost

which is higher for high population servers...No way i'd pay like 20 dollars each time i want to switch between EU and US server.

Another poor design choice that separates the players that used to play together in guildwars 1

No it won't happen as an instant max lvl scrolls, progression system is a lot better then before.

I can level up to 80 in 3 days or less if i want to, It's way too easy.

in guild wars 1 u have to be a subscriber to play it, i don't know if that did change now which subscriber is an income for them. based on channels

In guild wars 2 their income is "40%-50% cosmetic items, gems, transferring fees, converting gem to gold and heart of thrones announcement".

their loss is "converting GOLD to gems, trade post's totally player driven, retailers selling guild wars 2 and expansion at cheap price"

they never asked players to pay money, it's optional for you if you want to transfer to x region or server.

these servers in each it own dedicated server not "channel" those dedicated servers have a database

I am surely if it was a channel they would let you change it "Freely no additional cost" but if it's a dedicated server and dedicated database to each server of course any game would charge you

because you're going to transfer your progression data to another database to be able to access that other server.

20$ isn't that bad, I've stayed in one server never transferred before if i plan to transfer I'd save up gold and then transfer.

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

I much prefer subscribing if it means i won't have to deal with any kind of paywalls every turn..anyways i used to like gw2 but not liking the direction they are taking lately..

I much prefer subscribing if it means i won't have to deal with any kind of paywalls every turn..anyways i used to like gw2 but not liking the direction they are taking lately..

Transfer was there since 3 years ago, same price but it do change if there's big event's like WvW season 3.

what direction you're talking about?

Expansion wise?