Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pre-Alpha 2.0: Siege Perilous overview - Official discussion thread

Pann

Who wants to join me in a flanking maneuver to destroy those dirty chaos catapults!

Burn those Order cowards to the ground!!! >:]

On a side note: Can only Castles/Citadels be seiged or can all defensive structures be seiged, including Keeps and Forts, no matter its size

Edited by coolster50

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Can only Castles/Citadels be seiged or can all defensive structures be seiged, including Keeps and Forts, no matter its size

All strongholds can be destroyed.  

The other buildings (the small houses that you see) can't be destroyed in this version, because we didn't bother to spend any time on them... they don't do anything right now except break up the terrain and provide a bit of cover, so didn't seem like a high priority given all the other stuff coming online. 

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

To make it clearer, it should be:

The attackers don't have this advantage, which is why the defenders must take down all three Banewood Trees to break the siege (not just one!).

Corrected the correction. Thanks! 

Looks to be very interesting. I'm wondering why the defenders would bother attacking the three trees but I guess we shall see.

<Insert Witty Signature here>

Awesome update. I know I'm not a lone that this has given me a renewed enthusiasm towards testing.

Best part was the "siege engines as mounts with power bars for MULTIPLE players."

The implications are so far reaching. Things like attacking, taming, and mounting a Wyvern or tree golems with a driver melee siege attacks and riders as "gunners" shooting lighting from gem turrets.

Love it!

Love the ToL artwork. Can't wait to start watching some streams to see how this plays out.

Agreed. It would be cool if in future versions of the test they add catapults for the defenders as well. (Maybe with a higher amount of attackers for balance.

yup... final version will probably don't even have a timer...

either the banewoodstonewhatever goes down or the ToL

It would be cool if in future versions of the test they add catapults for the defenders as well.

Agreed. Or even just let the defenders grab the attackers' catapults, move them, and attack the banewood trees with them.

IhhQKY6.gif

Agreed. It would be cool if in future versions of the test they add catapults for the defenders as well. (Maybe with a higher amount of attackers for balance.

I'd rather see Ballista type catapults for the defenders. Small difference sure but I think it makes more sense for defenders to have those on the walls than the regular catapults the attackers will have.

because sitting in a city waiting for a timer to tick down is boring as hell

Guess I'm looking to win, not go out in a blaze of glory because its not as much 'fun'. It is a siege and all, they historically aren't fun for either side. :P Also you didn't really answer anything for me, I would think there is a strategic reason to do it so I was wondering what it could be.

Edited by gehn

<Insert Witty Signature here>

We’re extremely excited to get this test going. Some of the features that you’ll see have been “in the works” for months! As always, we will start by inviting the Pre-Alpha 1 and Pre-Alpha 2 test groups. Once the test is reasonably stable, we’ll begin to roll in more test groups: Alpha 1, then Alpha 2, and then Alpha 3. Within each of those groups, we invite players in waves based on original pledge date (i.e. the first time you became a backer).

Better a year late than never. :D

Finally batch #3, can't wait to test the siege metagame. :)

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

I quite like the deaths affecting timers, honestly.

It adds weight to getting killed over and over again. Means the attackers actually have to think and attack as one, rather than throw themselves against the defenders until something maybe works.

Aware it won't be there for launch, but still.

Looking forward to this!

Guess I'm looking to win, not go out in a blaze of glory because its not as much 'fun'. It is a siege and all, they historically aren't fun for either side. :P Also you didn't really answer anything for me, I would think there is a strategic reason to do it so I was wondering what it could be.

let's make sure no side has fun... good choice... got the right man on the job

This seems fun~ Really excited to see testing on new siege weapons, maybe that tower-on-wheels thing we often see.

In the actual game, I can't wait to have siege 'trains' being ambushed on paths leading to a soon-to-be sieged castle. Fun ways for the small groups to make important differences.

... they can go inside the Great Hall to find the Armory and pick up armor and weapons.

You drop items on death, so dead players will need to go back to re-provision before jumping back into the fray.

So I get this is simulating restocking from a campaign crafter, but do you just walk up to a chest (or some other object) and get just a random drop or do you actually go and grab, say, a book and scholar/firestarter armor as a confessor? It also seems like it will keep respawning throughout the match.

Edited by FrostSword

nz8Y2JJ.jpg