Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plasmafogking

What would you like to see in the game? (as bonus to core game)

Sailing and naval battles.

From this would bring a skill like Boat Building (similar to masonry for keep building) and possibly Sailing as a skill for the various ship types.

Would also bring swimming, Diving? , and perhaps fishing.

We'll see... kind of need more of the game to mess around with before asking for more. (Or even suggesting more)

The plates currently being filled, but you want that cake in the window over there.

Random-ish, so spoilering this edit:

As much as I now hate archage... (and trust me I hate the choices that were made) the games ships and ocean really shined... other than things like

... it was really well implemented. And apparently the KR version has an expanded version right now. But again meh... I'm done with p2w bs.

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

More realistic (physics-based) mechanics.

Smooth, lag-free gameplay, even when the server is full.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

More realistic (physics-based) mechanics.

Smooth, lag-free gameplay, even when the server is full.

This is a big one, having the game run smooth should always be a top priority. The game shouldn't be made for only those that go out and spend a couple grand on a new rig. That doesn't mean one should expect it to run on a toaster but any half decent machine should be able to run it.

Edited by Apok

This is a big one, having the game run smooth should always be a top priority. The game shouldn't be made for only those that go out and spend a couple grand on a new rig. That doesn't mean one should expect it to run on a toaster but any half decent machine should be able to run it.

hello apok!

More strategic and tactical combat, less reliance on support roles.

I disagree with this.

But I don't want support roles in the form of traditional healers.

I want things like short-term buffs/debuffs. Nothing more than 3-4 seconds in duration. I hate to bring MOBAs into this, but think DoTA/LoL support type stuff. Keeping combat faster paced and rewarding quick decision making.

Support can definitely be done without gratuitous healing, and lends itself to more tactical gameplay (IMO).

I want things like short-term buffs/debuffs. Nothing more than 3-4 seconds in duration. I hate to bring MOBAs into this, but think DoTA/LoL support type stuff. Keeping combat faster paced and rewarding quick decision making.

Support can definitely be done without gratuitous healing, and lends itself to more tactical gameplay (IMO).

Yea I agree with you, if we compare the current legionnaire's healing power with League of Legends, it could resemble to Soraka ultimate ability that heals every team member for ~15% of their maximum HP (however in LoL it heals no matter where allies are on the map while in CF it's AoE). The big differences I see are that in LoL this ability has a +2 minutes cooldown and there are only one Soraka per team.

What I'd like to have in CF is exactly what you describe: a diversity of support powers that have only a medium impact on gameplay and overall a low amount of healing (way lower than what centaurs can achieve now).

Something worthwile and interesting to do besides sieging strongholds and fighting.

Like a Stardew Valley type of game in Crowfall.

I would love if there would be more to do than just fighting.

All the other new/upcoming Indie MMO have much more to offer than just fighting.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

as long as i can dig holes and caves, im happy (voxels for everything, already an aim for the game, but the one i hope the most for which is not in it currently)

realistic water would be cool, too.

so to say, i want to be able to flood a badly placed city, if i dig a hole from a higher river to it by letting the river flow through that hole and set the whole city under water. or, like the ents in lotro, if i create/break a dam and divert the river...

realistic water could be used both offensively and defensively... placing your city in the middle of a river would prevent others from digging caves from outside the walls to inside... as they would get flooded.

i hope, combat will be much slower than MOBA. in MOBA, many fights (even bigger ones) get decided within seconds after engagement. thats not what i like.

Edited by Gromschlog

I want to be able to track characters down and kill them.  Not sure what kind of archetype or discipline that would be.  Basically, you arent the glass cannon or whirling dervish cuisinart fighter but you can track people down.  Willing to give up firepower and front loaded damage for server wide tracking, fastest movement and decent stealth. 

I disagree with this.

But I don't want support roles in the form of traditional healers.

reliance

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I want to be able to track characters down and kill them.  Not sure what kind of archetype or discipline that would be.  Basically, you arent the glass cannon or whirling dervish cuisinart fighter but you can track people down.  Willing to give up firepower and front loaded damage for server wide tracking, fastest movement and decent stealth. 

if one archetype gets the fastest movement, decent stealth AND server wide tracking, i hope, that he will be the worst in combat of all. like any noob could win against him even if the stealther has firststrike. those three points are just too much for one archetype.

I want a crap ton of complexity. Archetypes based on fun ways to interact with the game world not DPS/Tank/Support. Look at TF2. Each class is just a different fun thing.

Oh wait...after the base modual? Content, content, content. More ways to win. More ways to rely on each other. More ways to fight. More tools for EKs. More incentives to buy VIP. More ways to impact the game. More social tools.

More than just stick to face...More reasons to play MORE than one campaign and leave Crowfall.

For the most part, I agree with Keaggan. I hope they come out with new content but, in this particular game I hope that the release of that content is metered. What I mean by that is different game modes take a certain amount of time to master. Each one of these campaigns could take months to complete. I hope they release the game with a handful of modes and then "rotate" new modes in every 3 months or so based on popularity. When you have too many options for campaigns to play, the game becomes less about finding something that you would enjoy and more about finding the campaign with people in it. Nobody wants to join a campaign world and never see another person.

I do hope that new archetype releases will provide some form of complexity to the game. I know they are trying to stay away from having "racial traits" but, having something that makes a character unique other than cosmetics and attack range is important to that feeling of embodying a character. Especially now that archetypes are nothing more than meat suits, it would be nice if they came with some form of niche mechanic like minotaurs getting bonus to damage against buildings. It will give people tools to form new strategies and give people a reason to learn more than 1 archetype.

I think everybody agrees that VIP needs re-tuning.

I'm hoping most of the creative juices will flow into the creation of new items and skills. I want new things to craft and reasons to craft them. New tiers of progression within existing trees. Something to make me feel like I haven't mastered a particular part of the game or at least some kind of incentive for mastering something beyond generic statistics.

I want a crap ton of complexity. Archetypes based on fun ways to interact with the game world not DPS/Tank/Support. Look at TF2. Each class is just a different fun thing.

Oh wait...after the base modual? Content, content, content. More ways to win. More ways to rely on each other. More ways to fight. More tools for EKs. More incentives to buy VIP. More ways to impact the game. More social tools.

More than just stick to face...More reasons to play MORE than one campaign and leave Crowfall.

Yes exactly!

COMPLEXITY!

Thats the word all the stupid, lazy developers dont know.

Because every World vs World right now is basically Zerg vs Zerg. And who got the biggest Zerg wins.

Like in real life   :D

And even in real life this is no fun at all, and here its neither either.

But who cares als long as we developers have a good live and have our money.  :D

Gaming sucks so much these days.

Edited by Urahara

For the most part, I agree with Keaggan. I hope they come out with new content but, in this particular game I hope that the release of that content is metered. What I mean by that is different game modes take a certain amount of time to master. Each one of these campaigns could take months to complete. I hope they release the game with a handful of modes and then "rotate" new modes in every 3 months or so based on popularity. When you have too many options for campaigns to play, the game becomes less about finding something that you would enjoy and more about finding the campaign with people in it. Nobody wants to join a campaign world and never see another person.

I do hope that new archetype releases will provide some form of complexity to the game. I know they are trying to stay away from having "racial traits" but, having something that makes a character unique other than cosmetics and attack range is important to that feeling of embodying a character. Especially now that archetypes are nothing more than meat suits, it would be nice if they came with some form of niche mechanic like minotaurs getting bonus to damage against buildings. It will give people tools to form new strategies and give people a reason to learn more than 1 archetype.

I think everybody agrees that VIP needs re-tuning.

I'm hoping most of the creative juices will flow into the creation of new items and skills. I want new things to craft and reasons to craft them. New tiers of progression within existing trees. Something to make me feel like I haven't mastered a particular part of the game or at least some kind of incentive for mastering something beyond generic statistics.

Honestly.

You guys here give yourselves so much more work with ideas/thoughts towards Open World PvP and such game concepts/ideas/mechanics, much much more work than actually the developers of the games out there do make theirselves.

Edited by Urahara