Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death of Everquest Next and a Thank you Note for ArtCraft Entertainment

Mezcon

By now, most of you guys have heard about the cancellation of Everquest Next and all the hopes that we had to see this piece of hype come to life now in tatters.  

When EQN was first announced back in 2013, I was so stoked.  A game where we could actually make a permanant mark in Norrath with these rally calls made me so excited for this game because in games like WoW or Rift or SWTOR, the world feels stale and that there was nothing special or unique about my character and that I couldnt make a difference.  EQN gave me hope for something better.  And now its gone.  

Which brings me to my second point. THANK YOU Todd Coleman, Gordon Walton, and all of your team at ArtCraft Entertainment for Crowfall!  This game can truely be the next gen mmo that EQN was supposed to be and I am so thankful for your dedication and passion for this project.  I am so proud that we were able to make this dream a reality on Kickstarter and now I get to play a bad ass Ranger with fellow guildmates against guilds that I guess I would grow to hate, and we would be able to build our own stories and content in our own way is amazing.  Games like Crowfall are the hope for the MMO, and I am so proud to be apart of it.   

Edited by Mezcon

By now, most of you guys have heard about the cancellation of Everquest Next and all the hopes that we had to see this piece of hype come to life now in tatters.  

When EQN was first announced back in 2013, I was so stoked.  A game where we could actually make a permanant mark in Norrath with these rally calls made me so excited for this game because in games like WoW or Rift or SWTOR, the world feels stale and that there was nothing special or unique about my character and that I couldnt make a difference.  EQN gave me hope for something better.  And now its gone.  

Which brings me to my second point. THANK YOU Todd Coleman, Gordon Walton, and all of your team at ArtCraft Entertainment for Crowfall!  This game can truely be the next gen mmo that EQN was supposed to be and I am so thankful for your dedication and passion for this project.  I am so proud that we were able to make this dream a reality on Kickstarter and now I get to play a bad ass Ranger with fellow guildmates against guilds that I guess I would grow to hate, and we would be able to build our own stories and content in our own way is amazing.  Games like Crowfall are the hope for the MMO, and I am so proud to be apart of it.   

I don't agree that it can be the game EQN was supposed to be... EQN was going for a full on mmorpg experience... Crowfall is pretty much completely player focused and no significant resources wasted on PvE stuff...  Aside from that... yea Crowfall is one of the remaining hopes for the genre.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I don't agree that it can be the game EQN was supposed to be... EQN was going for a full on mmorpg experience... Crowfall is pretty much completely player focused and no significant resources wasted on PvE stuff...  Aside from that... yea Crowfall is one of the remaining hopes for the genre.

Ya I sort of meant on the PvP or world pvp scale of things, but I completely agree!

Considering how things played in Shadowbane and my faith in Mr. Coleman, I feel like this is the best way to handle PvP in MMORPGs. Even during DAoC where they offered incentives to play lower population realms there was RvR issues due to zergs.

In WoW I played on Skullcrusher during vanilla and when they made server clusters for instanced pvp or whatever they called it, people would go to the forums and complain that Skullcrusher horde was too good in PvP and it made them not want to que.

Having campaigns that begin and end and then you get to start over somewhere else but keep your character and eternal kingdom, this alleviates a lot of people quitting for months at a time, or even permanently like it was in WoW. You can still get resources and rewards for finishing the campaigns. I am rambling a bit since I have like 12 tabs open right now but it just seems like the ideas and philosophies of this PvP system separate itself and make itself different for Crowfall than other games.