Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kreigon

List of Animals/creatures i would like to see ingame :D

Hi,

i always like to explore the map/world of games (when i need a break from pvp) and do hunting and searching for special places and stuff like that.(I think a high number of different animals/creatures are good for the immersion of the game). So here is a brainstorming of some animals/creatures what i would like to see during my tracking in the woods. :ph34r:

Animals (which are to weak to fight):

squirrel

birds (Raven, Crow, pigeons, throttle etc.)

deer

Moose

Bovine

rabbit

sheeps

insects bees, butterfly

turtle

frog

fish (fishingtime :D)

Animals (which are able to fight you);

Wildcats

saber tooth

fox

bears

Eagles

hawks

snakes

crocodiles

wolves

wild pigs

rats

Creatures

wargs

werewolves

vampires

basilisc

griffin

Wyverns

Harpies

Fiends

Trolls

Giants

Golems

Wraiths

bandits

assasins

mercenaries

and maaaaybe (if it fits to the gamedesign) 1 or 2 dragons per campaign which are flying around and are very rare and strong but give nice materials for crafters.

Maybe some of this will make it to the final version of the game ;D

Have a nice day !

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

Most of these will probobly be in game, minus the small creatures. All NPCs add a large amount of stress to the server, so having small insignificant ones is a massive resource sink with little redeeming value. All of the bigger ones will likely be here except for the "people" ones. With the current way the game seems to be going: "human" NPCs just seem not to fit. (Thralls not withstanding).

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

Dear Art+Craft Team - We must have one of these in-game.

As a Pet (if pets are to be had at all) would be awesome.  Neverwinter NAILED the pet model and idling animations, they actually did a Honey Badger pet..

This is one awesome freaking animal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chtdRCrZKuw

Jump to 12:00 for a jump-shot to one of the Cool Factors for Honey Badgers, and what they hunt.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

Okay, so foxes are dangerous, but moose aren't >.>

Beside some misassociation between what's actually dangerous and what's not, it would be great to have a rich variety of fauna to fight and hunt.

Perhaps not drawing a distinct line between predation and offense, or making offensive creatures strictly aggressive.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Platypi. Oh, they look harmless, UNTIL THEY SNAG YOU WITH HIDDEN REAR CLAWS AND PUMP YOU FULL OF VENOM!

Platypi... Nature's assassins. 8)

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Honey Badgers.

That is all.

:D

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

Beside some misassociation between what's actually dangerous and what's not, it would be great to have a rich variety of fauna to fight and hunt.

Perhaps not drawing a distinct line between predation and offense, or making offensive creatures strictly aggressive.

I'd really like to see some hunting aspects involved too...such as animals like deer or moose fleeing to force a chase, tracking, using stealth to escape hunters, animals forming defenses in groups, like buffalo or moose...would love for hunting deer or meat to actuall be fun.

Moose can actually be very dangerous. Those horns aren't just for show. They're like Canadian rhinos.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Only male platypi

I know, I know... But if you get close enough to check, you're ALREADY DEAD! O_O

I'd really like to see some hunting aspects involved too...such as animals like deer or moose fleeing to force a chase, tracking, using stealth to escape hunters, animals forming defenses in groups, like buffalo or moose...would love for hunting deer or meat to actuall be fun.

Even rudimentary animal AI would be incredibly refreshing. None of this silly "the wolf runs straight at you, stops, then repetitively claws at you directly every 3 seconds" crap. I'd love for wolves to use "hit-and-run" tactics that don't do much damage until they really get a hold of a limb, or knock you down and maul you, or latch onto your shoulder, etc. That, and they could run away much more commonly than in other MMOs, and just generally avoid you until they're with a pack and can flank/surround you (or they're rabid/crazy/starving).

Edited by Lephys

If I can add on to my liger idea, think of it like this. Ligers are the biggest cats in the world and don't grow any bigger because they die young because their bodies can't handle it. But what if the hunger gets to them, which will reinforce their bodies making them live full lives, continually growing. Picture a cat as big as a house. Maybe even a two story house towards the end of a campaign. O.O What mob would be more BA than that? They really wouldn't grow that big in a year but the concept is still there and I would love to see it in play.

Edited by silhaku

Vampires and Werewolves that infect with Vampirism and Lycanthropy, each of which conveys permanent advantages, disadvantages and a skill.

Might overlap with a Discipline though.

edit: Like it was done in Daggerfall.

Edited by coolwaters

Vampires and Werewolves that infect with Vampirism and Lycanthropy, each of which conveys permanent advantages, disadvantages and a skill.

Might overlap with a Discipline though.

edit: Like it was done in Daggerfall.

I would like this but these creatures should be rare so not just anyone could be a Vampire or Werewolf. Which means turning other players shouldn't be allowed unless you get really far in the skill tree for it. (Would be a nice idea too if the receiver had to be far in some defensive tree like resiliency in order to survive being infected) :D bring the rarity of the jedi back in the form of Vampire, Werewolves, and any other creature capable of infecting others.

Edited by silhaku

and maaaaybe (if it fits to the gamedesign) 1 or 2 dragons per campaign which are flying around and are very rare and strong but give nice materials for crafters.

Maybe some of this will make it to the final version of the game ;D

Have a nice day !

I really like the idea of having a few dragons that would be really hard to kill and you would have like huge teams all fighting each other to kill the dragon, and then you would be able to like sneak into the enemies base while they are fighting the dragon. It would lead to some pretty awesome fights and seiges