Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Black Crusader

drakiis

I just wanted to quickly Introduce myself seeing as I totally missed this topic when I first came to CF.  I will not bore anyone with my Shadowbane experiences or my Clan affiliations, as those are listed elsewhere.  I am a 42 year old Minnesotan that has Alpha/Beta tested more mmos then I care to recall beginning with Everquest to the present day.  Carnage.net were some of the best days for me, having fought alongside Ashen Temper and engaged in conversation with many Wolfpackers,  I am a supporter of social gaming aspects and taking the fight direct to the enemy is my perfered style.  I am in Logistics and Supply Chain Support in life, an ex-army 31kilo Combat Signaler who served for 6 years, pvp is a way for me to unleash my warriors passions.  I hope I can serve the CF community and that Crowfalls development is as smooth as can be.

EZgFne1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am a 42 year old Minnesotan that has Alpha/Beta tested more mmos then I care to recall beginning with Everquest to the present day.

Was it very different from one testing to the other? I guess sometime the team of testers you're matched with works perfectly together, and sometimes it's a little different... Was there a game that you were very passionate about during the alpha / beta?

Edited by courant101

Well there is a great deal of work that goes into any game no matter what it is, some Development teams handle things differently, or test specific parts of the game at different stages, you have all manner of different things the Development team might be looking at.  Communication is the most important part of doing any testing and fulfilling the testing requirements for each phase can be somewhat taxing sometimes.  Some teams look at specific metrics during the test and conclude something entirely different then what us play testers are seeing.  Other Development teams are looking for collision, duping, pathing, or hardware compatibility issues, perhaps it's server loads and the architecture which was the case with sb.exe and the server admins not allowing Wolfpack to see the server logs so they could fix it.  No two games are the same, there are always bugs or issues, graphical tearing etc that might be on your end of the game or something more legit that detracts from the overall experience.

I was very passionate with Age of Conan, the combat system was dynamic, the social mechanics encouraged both pvp and pve, and there was a fair amount of balance to both systems, however sieging was broke as hell, class balance was a bit off, crafting started out good, but was then tampered with later which frustrated many a crafter, the grind was easier, not not too easy.  My greatest disappointment had to be sieging and some of how pvp areas were designed...spawn stones ftl  However my Ranger Assassin Slayer was unstoppable.

Edited by Drakiis

EZgFne1.png

Communication is the most important part of doing any testing and fulfilling the testing requirements for each phase can be somewhat taxing sometimes.  Some teams look at specific metrics during the test and conclude something entirely different then what us play testers are seeing.  Other Development teams are looking for collision, duping, pathing, or hardware compatibility issues, perhaps it's server loads and the architecture which was the case with sb.exe and the server admins not allowing Wolfpack to see the server logs so they could fix it.  No two games are the same, there are always bugs or issues, graphical tearing etc that might be on your end of the game or something more legit that detracts from the overall experience.

Yea I guess that communication is a big challenge, especially if the developing team and the testers group become bigger. Thanks for your elaborate answers!  :)

And concerning your ranger... Usually in pretty much all type of games (moba, mmorpg, etc.) I play the support or mage class, but now I'm really tempted by the ranger class : I think it could be useful in so many situations in Crowfall.

Edited by courant101

Yea I guess that communication is a big challenge, especially if the developing team and the testers group become bigger. Thanks for your elaborate answers!  :)

And concerning your ranger... Usually in pretty much all type of games (moba, mmorpg, etc.) I play the support or mage class, but now I'm really tempted by the ranger class : I think it could be useful in so many situations in Crowfall.

Well a Ranger capable of tracking stealth based characters, pinning them and snaring them, and then turning them into a pin cushion is very effective, even more so if you can also stealth.  Counter Infiltration/Sniper ops are my specialty, or as my Clanmates like to say, "Drakiis sits in trees all day waiting for someone to walk into his sights."  Which isn't exactly accurate.

Edited by Drakiis

EZgFne1.png