Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gonfalone

How much are you invested in this game?

Most of us have played plenty of MMO.

Some have played WoW type of games to exaustion,some prefer action type,other eve-like,some maybe even Ultima online the first to be called MMO (man the memories,i feel old).

I had a lot of fun with all these types of games for a reason or the other,but most of all because of the communities that formed around them, if had friends there that would be all i would need to keep playing even if the game was crap,and they are what i always miss when i leave one of those games when boredom kicks in.

But alas its been more than one year since i've last played ANY kind of MMO.

The last was GW2 before its big updates;had a great guild there,plenty of fun and messing around with them but the game got so tedious that i just wasn't having fun anymore without them to spice things up.

After i gave them my goodbyes i left and never returned.

So,for all the brave people that kept reading all this stuff i pose a question:

How much are you invested in this game?

For me its everything.

The devs have put their money in and i'm betting all my hopes and my desire to have fun in an MMO like i did before.

I had already stopped searching for interesting MMOs but this one caught my attentions and still keeps me pinned.

I don't like hype trains,they tend to take things too far and then blame the devs because its not up to their standards.

But still,i'll jump on this project and hope to find whats been missing for a long time in MMOs,i want back my games with a soul in them.

Keep it up,i'm rooting for you guys.

Last chance at playing a mmo for me. I basically gave up on the genre and my hope is that Crowfall can help restore it. Thus my large pledge and being so active in the community. Also founded a Crowfall only guild.I want this game to succeed!  :)

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

All of my hopes and dreams for a MMO are riding on this game.

Been waiting for a real PvP, Risk v Reward, full looting MMO since Shadowbane.  And have wasted so much time and effort on the World of Warcraft style carebears games  (Dark age of Camelot, Warhammer, age of conan, Archeage, Aion, ect)...., that when I heard of Crowfall and how is was going to be, I was hooked.  I miss the days of playing a MMO when your heart started pounding during a fight, because if you lost, your gear/weapon/inventory as gone.

But playing the WoW style games....I just didnt care if i died, or killed someone, because it was meaningless.  It was only a few minutes run back to the spot where you died.

But in Shadowbane/Ulitma Online/Darkfall or other full loot games....when you died, you better believe it meant something.  I had to replace a few keyboards from pounding on it when I died i was so disgruntled....but that was the fun!!

The future of the MMO i believe rests in Crowfall.......And Im glad to be backing it.

Edited by snowmizer

dulpoa76627.png

$100? Maybe a little bit more? I lost most of my interest when they denied flight and changed Centaur to a support, it basically read like false advertisement to me.

I'm still curious to see if any strategy will become of this "strategy game", but I'm not optimistic.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

$500

This is only MMO I'm invested in. Sadly there's not even any MMOs far in the future that I'm even remotely interested in.

Pretty much it's Crowfall or screw the entire genre for a long time. Overwatch is good so at least there's that.

Edited by Zybak

So very well said from all of you.

I really feel the same like you.

The games in the MMO genre (and any other genre) are all total meaningless and are lacking any kind of soul.

Todd said in one of the first videos that they think that this game has a right to exist.

I would take that even further.

This game just has to exist, and better today then tomorrow, because the MMO genre doesnt have a right to exist as it is right now!

The gaming industry has really become the worst nowadays.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Theres only one other MMO project I've got my eye on so yeah its pretty much this or keep waiting for the next thing.

With the gaming industry how it is these days, I dont think I would live long enough to witness the next thing.

Sad but true.

I'm all in and very excited, there are a few of our Guild members that seem to share this feeling. We have played a few MMO's and while our Guild/Community has always boosted the fun factor. At some point the game your playing needs to step up so it's not 100% on the Guilds shoulders to make the game enjoyable, unfortunately very few games in recent years have not been able to preform this action (at least in my eyes). 

Crowfall is a breath of fresh air and it looks to be shaping up to be a great experience. Between Work, Family, Hobbies, Education, and a possible new business venture if Crowfall can't bring me that fun factor, I think I'll be in the same boat as many others, I'll probably just admit defeat and retire my MMO Gamer hat.

So ya All In

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me ...... no more

Edited by Apok

Well, I bought an Amber KS and a Large Keep, so about 300 bucks. If it lives up to it's billing, it will be worth it. Campaign length or duration is my only concern as I will be playing in either the Dregs or Shadow rule-set. I fully understand the concept of the seasons and hunger. I just don't want the campaigns ending to feel artificial or forced.

This is kinda my last hope for a good while if this doesn't work i probably wont play another mmo for a while. I've spent the last 2 years searching for an mmo where my choices are worth something. Over the years I have become jaded with all the optimal builds endless re-specs of other games that just force a stagnant metas. Even the game I had loved the most in recent years Wakfu started to move toward that direction as of late. I need this to break the monotony of sameness that is the mmo market.

89W57Tu.jpg

You guys are so great, Really.

You know, with all these marketing/media hype from gaming websites, streamers and marketing devisions everywhere...

I started feeling like I am the only one who is feeling that this all isnt right and real and honest. Thats thsi isnt as it should, nor it is like all these media people are trying to present it as.

I really felt misunderstood and lonely, as if I was the only one not being able to get happy with how the things are about the gaming industry.

Thank you guys, really...

This is already such a great place here, I am sure we all will be able to make this something worthwhile, I am really confident.

Putting over $100 on a pre release of a promise is already a big deal and investment for me... we have zero idea of what will actually be in the final game. Yes, at the very least we have what's there now, but if the game released as is it'd fail in a heartbeat. No one expects that, but that's exactly what people said for other games... particularly stuck in my mind is Hellgate: London.

That game released with very few changes between alpha, beta, and release (I was working for Curse at the time and get some strings pulled via dev friends to be picked up for alpha testing). Despite everyone saying not to release yet they did so anyways... and the game went belly up not long after, which is sad since it had a fairly solid and fun core underneath all the crap. I didn't buy the lifetime because I'm a cautious realist and proud of it, but some of my friends did... and that was a lot of the money thrown into a trash can and set on fire.

Mentally, I've more or less given up on MMORPGs. They've grown stale and PvE now bores me to death between grinding, repetitive questing, and mind numbingly simple combat. I crave the adrenaline of PvP games, the dynamic twists born from a human opponent, but I want it in a MMORPG setting.

Considering that only Crowfall and Camelot Unchained are offering a PvP-first experience at the moment, effectively Crowfall and CU are my last hopes. I more or less stick to regular games now, so thank the heavens there are some really damn good ones coming out, but now that I quit League of Legends after playing obsessively since alpha and no longer play MMORPGs there's a big competitive hole in my heart...

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

$60 was all I could spare. I'm not a well off individual, but this game inspires a hope within me that I haven't felt since my first true dive into mmos, Star Wars Galaxies, if I'd had a spare 10k to drop on this game, would have done. Struggling as I am, I did what I could and am now hoping for the best.

$500

This is only MMO I'm invested in. Sadly there's not even any MMOs far in the future that I'm even remotely interested in.

Pretty much it's Crowfall or screw the entire genre for a long time. Overwatch is good so at least there's that.

Hey Zybak, good to see you over here.  Yeah, after Wildstar, I lost most of my faith in the MMORPG genre, but Crowfall looks promising.  I bought a gold supporter package and while i'm managing my expectations, I'm skeptically optimistic that Crowfall is bringing enough old school favorite mechanics like open world PvP and full PvP looting as well as innovative world design to be fresh.

Edited by Caibre

I was very invested at first and had huge hopes for the game with the people running the show. I've tapered off a lot though after seeing so many of the poor design decisions. I went from 9/10 hype to about a 5-6. I'm still going to play it but I'm not any more excited for it than I was Black Desert. I'm not going to get my hopes up just to be let down and I don't even think I've patched the Crowfall client since November/December.

OJN1n7E.png

Last chance at playing a mmo for me. I basically gave up on the genre and my hope is that Crowfall can help restore it. Thus my large pledge and being so active in the community. Also founded a Crowfall only guild.I want this game to succeed!  :)

Basically for me it's the last mmo attempt too.

I mean I have Bless Online in the pocket which could provide some fun if they do it right. Not on Crowfall's scale but at least to some extent. 

However if both fail to deliver what I am seeking in the end (means I'll give both games the time they need to develop themselves into the market) I probably will leave the MMORPG genre for a long time since there is no real interesting project in sight (like Crowfall). 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Basically for me it's the last mmo attempt too.

I mean I have Bless Online in the pocket which could provide some fun if they do it right. Not on Crowfall's scale but at least to some extent. 

However if both fail to deliver what I am seeking in the end (means I'll give both games the time they need to develop themselves into the market) I probably will leave the MMORPG genre for a long time since there is no real interesting project in sight (like Crowfall). 

I think Star Citizen is interesting too.

And Chronicles of Elyria.