Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gonfalone

How much are you invested in this game?

Its not even just todays market  for combat...

I played a rogue in Everquest I, that was, i dont know, 14 years ago?

I was never self-rooted in combat because I used my abilities to attack someone. I was able to strafe around to their back to use positional attacks (backstab) and the flow of combat was seemless (and enjoyable).

If I wanted to root myself when I attacked I would play a caster type class and have long ranged attacks.

Mmm backstabs! 

Seriously? You are still going about that? It is not wise to piss off a whole section of forum users before the game even is live... 

A whole section of emulator players?  I'm shivering in my boots...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I am still failing to see where you get this attitude of "SB players are dumb". Can you actually provide some facts to back up your whole stance towards them?

I don't think SB players are dumb, I think players who were only able to play SB and couldn't excel in games afterwards are dumb.  We've seen them invest into this game, we've also seen them cry about various things on the forums, and then we've seen them get real quiet and claim the game sold out and run away...

It was all fairly predictable too because these people may have invested a lot early, but their inexperience with game development and the mmorpg scene in general made it so obvious they were in over their heads.

I don't think SB players are dumb, I think players who were only able to play SB and couldn't excel in games afterwards are dumb.  We've seen them invest into this game, we've also seen them cry about various things on the forums, and then we've seen them get real quiet and claim the game sold out and run away...

It was all fairly predictable too because these people may have invested a lot early, but their inexperience with game development and the mmorpg scene in general made it so obvious they were in over their heads.

You have grouped all the SB players into that "category". Lets not act like you haven't.  Any post made that disagrees with the way the game is being made currently is considered "crying"? Good to know.

You have grouped all the SB players into that "category". Lets not act like you haven't.  Any post made that disagrees with the way the game is being made currently is considered "crying"? Good to know.

Nope I've always been very clear in differentiating the good SB players (who don't even claim SB as their primary game because they were able to move on to games that lasted more than a few months in 2003) and the bad ones, who play emulators and were unable to excel in games that actually had large competitive populations and required actual skill. 

When Crowfall was first announced it was obvious who was who, because all the good SB players knew each other and talked behind closed doors, while the bad ones tried to claim they were the true SB players and preach their weak "forumbane"...

A lot of good SB players are invested in this game, they understand development takes a long time, they aren't freaking out over changes here and there, a lot of bad SB players haven't been very supportive of the vision and have basically fought against ACE every step of the way...

There's a lot of depressing folks here. I like games. I like all kinds of games. Maybe I'm easily amused, which sucks for all the rest of you that you're not haha.  :D

I find all sorts of things fun and could devote myself to any number of games if I chose to, but right now I'm enjoying two casually. It was just one but then another game came out that I had zero plans to play until I saw a stream and well, now it's a lot of fun lol. And if I didn't have those two, there are others I enjoy and I could spend more time in. I don't understand the doom and gloom. I think people need to expand their horizons and open their minds to more than one mode of play and realize it's all fun.

As for this game I've only invested $5 so I can post on the forums and follow the game's development. If it turns out fun, that's awesome. If not, I won't mind because I'll likely have so many other things to do. 

I think the genre is finally blossoming after several years of WoW clones. We now have mostly well done themeparks succeeding and then a number of other types of games - themeparks branching out a bit, many more sandboxes of different types, some newer games being done in more old school styles, a lot of PvP games in development, and all sorts of fun differences and developments between them all. It's great fun to see where things keep going every day with gaming.

My only complaint is I can't no life it anymore because there's just so little time and so much fun to be had.

Edit: Also some advice for the rest of you - don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Tone down the "Crowfall is my Lord and Savior" stuff, because you are guaranteed to be disappointed. If you put so much pressure on one game to fulfill all your gaming hopes and dreams, there is no way that ACE could possibly live up to your expectations. They could make the most perfect game ever and you'd still be upset. So if you want to enjoy this game long term once it's released, step back a bit. Try to look for another game to occupy your time or look forward to. When this finally comes out you'll have realistic expectations and really enjoy it.

Edited by Leiloni

Monetarily I am not invested in this game at all due to a hot shirtless pic I sent to Pann and the generosity of another forum member. 

Emotionally I am not very invested either as it is just a game. It will not alter my life if it is poorly made socks. 

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

$500 plus getting a new gaming laptop so I can log in on the go this time as I have a different lifestyle than when I played SB back in the day...

I am one of those Shadowbane die hards... from launch to server shut down.   Several guilds, many wipes and migrations.  It was the players that made that game, really, and not the mechanics, those things we will figure out how to work with.  My year in Warhammer, two in WoW and 6 months in AA were still all about the guild and the players and our goals and exploits (antics not cheats) that made it so enjoyable to run with a crew.  I still think that the risk/reward piece is what will make logging in exciting, particularly when there is organization in doing so to optimize in-game time and reduce tedious tasks or waiting for the crew to get online.  I am invested now only in Crowfall and am very optimistic that if we are given the basics of a sandbox (that resets), interesting skills and builds that work and have synergy, Group and Realm focus instead of solo play, and a set of frequently changing and interesting strategic objectives to fight over, it will meet success to our demographic and draw some in that would rather play against players than against an AI.  The drama is real, only the game is fantasy...

Personally I will never quest, grind or do a 5-10-25-40 man raid ever again...  just as I will never ever donate my time and resources to gear up some guild leadership filled with ego while awaiting my slim pickings in a DKP system.  I will have a ball, talk trash, laugh and sing in TS, gripe, cry, and be highly sarcastic as I always am in or out of game...   The thing is about CF is that we who know what we want are backing a game because we back the team that has served us well in the past and will stand their ground against all who want to dilute the risk to gain traction among players that we really do not care to play with much...   we will make killers out of the good ones which is all we can really do in society filled with leveling sheep.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

My only complaint is I can't no life it anymore because there's just so little time and so much fun to be had.

So true,i'm so behind all the games i want to play.

I still haven't played the witcher 3 and fallout 4.

I need my school days back T_T.

Edit: Also some advice for the rest of you - don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Tone down the "Crowfall is my Lord and Savior" stuff, because you are guaranteed to be disappointed. If you put so much pressure on one game to fulfill all your gaming hopes and dreams, there is no way that ACE could possibly live up to your expectations. They could make the most perfect game ever and you'd still be upset. So if you want to enjoy this game long term once it's released, step back a bit. Try to look for another game to occupy your time or look forward to. When this finally comes out you'll have realistic expectations and really enjoy it.

This is also very true,and as a matter of fact i won't be able to test anything until september/october since i'm going away in a month or so.

I don't need a perfect game,just one where i can have fun for more than 3 months without all the crap of today MMOs and i think the idea of this team are worth following.

P.s. Never really wanted to make this about money by the way,i was asking mostly from an emotonial point.

This is the one and only Kickstarter I ever invested in.  Much of that was due to the celestial conjunction of former UO and Shadowbane developers along with the estimable Raph Koster.

If Crowfall succeeds, as we all hope, it could breathe fresh air into the MMO genre.

No pressure ACE, really...

Me too, except I didn't Kickstar, just backed relatively early on.  The concepts and connections behind CF caught my interest, placing a bit higher on the anticipation level than Camelot Unchained (forced to make a choice on which to gamble, I chose CF).  However, personally, I have found many of the more recent game design decisions to be distasteful and was somewhat blindsided by them, to be honest. 

At this point, whilst I still hold out hope for CF to be a great game, I think if I had it to do over again, I would probably have invested in CU instead.

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

So far, just the 2015 contributor package ($35). However, over the next two months, that will be going up ($180) more as I plan on upgrading to the Alpha 3 tier, and adding the packpig, small keep, and picking up the coffee mug and tshirt. Hoping they release some of the figures in the collectors package as those would be a must grab as well. 

For the night is dark and filled with terrors.

Monetarily I am not invested in this game at all due to a hot shirtless pic I sent to Pann and the generosity of another forum member. 

Emotionally I am not very invested either as it is just a game. It will not alter my life if it is poorly made socks. 

I like the new you...

Emotionally - all in.

Financially - Sapphire + forts & keeps (another $300).

I'm not playing anything else right now, so this is the game I am focusing on.

Keep up the great work, Dev Team! I love what I'm seeing and hoping for the realization of our mutual goals in this game.

Piikaa / Pkaoo

rSHxVEY.gif

< That badge is how much I'm invested in this monetarily.  But as many have said; Crowfall is it for MMOs at the moment.  I've given up trying to find an MMO rich in background that works the way I want it.  At the moment, I'm back to TTRPGs.

I haven't invested much of my hope in this game yet.

I been playing MMO's for awhile now. 2004 in fact. I've tried a few different games WoW, Warhammer, Darkfall, Galaxies, and most recently disappointed by SWTOR. I miss questing being an adventure, I long for dungeons and raids to be dangerous and gaining a sense of achievement when clearing them.I want PvP to be fun again! Mostly I miss the feel of community early WoW seemed to have and all the randomness of general chat.I'm interested in CrowFall. I'm afraid to let my hopes fly to high.

Edited by Norskye

:mellow: I care not for willful Ignorance in any form! :mellow: 

Got into the game (cash invested) because of the 'Game of Thrones' premise to combine with combat in an MMO. Second I was very happy to see the character investment in Archetypes, where we could be immersed in our character and their design (within the parameters of the Archetype). Then - OOPS!

Archetypes were changed from immersive characters to a change of 'suit'. Absolutely the same as 'equipment leveling' that I saw in Star Wars The Old Republic. The Eternal Kingdoms were simply a guild operation backed by those individuals with RL money who could afford it. Now I freely admit that the combat stuff has to come first and the PVP fanatics need this to bring them in and try to make them stay. Have no complaint with that.

For the rest, well, I am stepping back to a wait and see mode for now. I am really hoping the 'Game of Thrones' genre will equal in richness to the combat stuff. Buying land and furniture is not new. Creating your own 'castle' and kingdom without large amounts of cash or numerous people in a guild should be a part of this. NPCs could be of great assistance to one or a few friends and a decent AI would be needed.

Edited by Farblue

Archetypes were changed from immersive characters to a change of 'suit'. Absolutely the same as 'equipment leveling' that I saw in Star Wars The Old Republic. The Eternal Kingdoms were simply a guild operation backed by those individuals with RL money who could afford it. 

Not sure either of those two statements is entirely true .......  :huh:

I think I'm about as committed as the money makes me. At this point its up to the devs not to fail and I'm emotionally out of that struggle. If they pull it of great, if they don't, well tarnation.