AMD APU info

Overdhose

Do you care about gpu support?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about gpu support?

• No, you should use a discrete card.
    • Yes, I would like that

Hello,

first off let me state, this is not a complaint, nor do I want to see this escalate into one.

As an avid gamer with a (budget?) amd system without a discrete graphics card,

I merely want to inform other people with similar setups who would consider spending money

and whether it is worth it or not.

I did not anticipate some problems when I started this, the heart was in the right place, but I started this a bit to fast lacking info.

As of alpha 1.3 which is ending, if you didn't mind playing on the lowest settings and 720p, on a amd A10-7850k Radeon R7 3.70GHz which is my config the game ran at a 30fps average, not including the more heavy fights where more sizable groups clashed.

The next stage of testing, siege, will come with a new client, and most likely many more different clients will follow, making it hard to predict if the same stats will persist. But I will do my best to update the info here, at least give you a bit of an idea of what you can expect.

as for the rest of my first wing flappings in Crowfall : 

After some misunderstandings about tester status, access to the patch client etc,

I got slaughtered by the more experienced Crows during my first test run.

My first prob was keybindings, luckily I have a G11 so I can reconfigure my G keys to use the zqsd keys as wasd,

and added "C" and 1-6 as keybinds for attacks and was ready for revenge.

But logging back in my system was very slow, as my first run, I had no reference if this was my setup in general,

or my connection, but I lagged badly, skipping back in time.

I lowered my resolution to 720p, which seemed to have helped quite a lot.

Suddenly my ping went from red to green, not sure if other things influenced this,

but I actually had something to work with.

However it was still very laggy, especially using my skills.

I'll still wait a bit, mostly out of curiosity, but I might cave and get a discrete card to test the difference,

of borrow one to see if it's worth it.

So here's a new question : what's the average fps of testers so I have a bit of a frame of reference ?

mine averaged 25 (before playing the patch mentioned below) , which might explain the lag with using skills.

Oops almost forgot, as for the game itself, well I'm waiting for a patch to be released for an extra test,

and I'm writing this meanwhile...

I only get to fight atm, and I'm not the best at pvp so killing me is quite easy,

but after playing the update the game was a lot stabler and I actually got to test some of my skills,

big thumbs up and eagerly awaiting more...

I know it's useless to ask but please let's keep this on topic and informative.

If you really feel like you can't let this slip, use the poll to vent some anger and frustration

Edited by Overdhose

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

Also let me state that yes I am in contact with support,

no I'm not sure yet that I might have other issues that prevent me from installing the game,

and yes they are very responsive and I'm awaiting further info concerning this issue.

If you happen to have a similar setup to mine and the game actually installs,

well please let us know, I'll update this info. [...]

Well I don't know what you setup is, but here's mine:

laptop: Acer Aspire V5-552P

processor: AMD A6-5357M dual ~2.9ghz

integrated chip: AMD HD 8450G

memory: 6gb

I installed and reinstalled it several times without an issue. My frame rate in the Hunger Dome is low, but that's expected on a non-gaming latop.

Shutting down all background programs, reducing the resolution, putting all Catalyst Control Center setting to "low" or "performances" help to increase the frame rate.

The minimum specs for the current phase of testing are: 8GB memory, 3d card with 2GB and shader 5.0, and dual CPUs (i-5 or better).

ach yeah mine is :

amd A10-7850k Radeon R7 3.70GHz

8 gigs of ram

seems like I'll already have to edit his  ^_^

thanks for the info, at least now i know I should be able to participate

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

FYI, "GPU" applies equally to video chips integrated on a motherboard or installed as a separate card. If you're specifically interested in support for integrated GPUs you should indicate that.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

good point I should have written APU info