Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Combat?

I know its is Alpha and that it is still early stage, but is there any talk of faster combat, or is this the range of speed combat will be? I do understand faster combat is not always the best.

Again i know its Alpha so i understand things are basic :) just thought i ask for future

Thanks!

I know its is Alpha and that it is still early stage, but is there any talk of faster combat, or is this the range of speed combat will be? I do understand faster combat is not always the best.

Again i know its Alpha so i understand things are basic :) just thought i ask for future

Thanks!

Many desperately want faster combat, but the delusional development team seems to believe they can attract a viable customer base with painfully slow combat. That said, I tested it for the first time tonight and it has potential but the animations really need to be faster and I need to find a group to play with on teamspeak or whatever else.

gCWxS8u.jpg

I just feel like a sloth playing it... Idk if that anyone else experience or not. But i honestly feel like it takes me 51 years to do something. And this is a major concern to me, and most likely be the biggest turning point for me. I was talking to my guild in another game about it and they said the same thing, they wont play if the combat is as slow as it is. We just have hope it will change in the coming patches. Thankyou for the reply Treepie :) 

It's not going to matter til they get the gameplay running smoothly, fast gameplay can't happen without seemless motion.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

It's not so much the speed of combat, as it is the restrictiveness and stiff feeling that over zealous animation locking brings. Reduce the animation lock and remove molasses mode while in combat, and you'll see a huge improvement. Combat right now is a cumbersome mess. 

Edited by helix

Healing is way too powerful now. They need to tone it down, or raise damage across the board.

I actually think the healing is fine, I don't mind the longer sustain fights. Damage might need a small adjustment, but I don't think "weak" healing is really the way to go.

Thanks!

They do intend to raise the mobility over the course of all these tests but ACE prefer this game to stay on the side of more tactical based to it won't be one of those fast paced games on the market.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Yes there has been LOTS of talk about the combat. Head over to the feedback sections as well as this section you just posted in and you'll see it all.

Edited by pang

Yes, the majority of posters on this forum want to try out faster combat but the devs are taking the "we know best" approach and not really explaining much about why we can't test faster combat, sadly.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

They do intend to raise the mobility over the course of all these tests but ACE prefer this game to stay on the side of more tactical based to it won't be one of those fast paced games on the market.

i remember another game that tried that.

Age of Conan anyone?

Combat will definitely feel better once they make it seamless and reduce some of the animation lockings, but the overall pace of combat will probably stay close to what it is now. I don't think anyone would appreciate loosing everything in their inventory over a 10 second encounter

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Combat will definitely feel better once they make it seamless and reduce some of the animation lockings, but the overall pace of combat will probably stay close to what it is now. I don't think anyone would appreciate loosing everything in their inventory over a 10 second encounter

Faster combat doesn't have to mean that you die in 10 seconds.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

Faster combat doesn't have to mean that you die in 10 seconds.

True, but my point being is that loosing all your stuff over a short encounter is more infuriating than loosing it over a long encounter

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Time will tell how much better it will get. Im not overly asking for total fast pace and everything is over in 10 seconds. I know large scale pvp games where the combat is fast but the fights can go on for quite awhile.

True, but my point being is that loosing all your stuff over a short encounter is more infuriating than loosing it over a long encounter

And again, the speed of animatins and combat has nothing to do with time to kill... Just because you attack faster doesnt mean you have to die faster

Im wondering if there will br any ingame stats or skills that increase combat... Theres a lot of complaint about the max distance for ranger at 40m but blair said via trinning you can get another 20m .... So maybe the same thing is true for combat speed?

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

Fixed that for you. 

Rofl, you're delusional. Care to make a poll and watch your delusion get shattered?

You mean time to kill or more active combat? 

TTK is not a problem right now.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png