Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vucar

Anyone else think the archetypes look cartoony?

Personally I think that hyper realistic graphics like black desert etc... are just Boring. I really love crowfall's art style because it looks real yet you get the feel your playing with small miniatures in a fantasy world. I love it! It gives some uniqueness.

I apparently have a different idea of what cartoon graphics are. To me, it's misproportioned features, like having big anime eyes, heads, hands and feet that are too big/small, impossible characteristics like pencil thin wastes and giant shoulders, etc.

This. Some comic books or graphic novels are literally cartoons, but are still extremely realistically drawn. Do they look like real life? No. They are blatantly drawings. That's called an art style.

The Crowfall characters are very subtly exaggerated from realistic proportions, etc. They're simply depicted in a more artistic way, but still with realistic lighting and such.

I understand people not liking it, but I don't understand how it's "too cartoony."

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

:)

I don't want to burst your bubble but don't expect numbers that high. No game in recent years has been able to achieve that. The only one that looks like it might probably is CU which is developing it's own game engine specifically to run well in those scenarios. And they're not sacrificing graphics to do it either - neither did BDO which also built their own engine to run well in large battles (and it does, just not ones that big). You are not going to get battles nearly that large here.

I have already addressed my post that you have taken issue with, I do not now, nor have I ever held any expectations of 1,500 man Keep battles on the same tile.

My post was an exaggeration to illustrate how performance was more important to me than art style, otherwise known as hyperbole. So you can relax and take a break from popping my bubble with your little bubble pricker.

We will have much to discuss in the future regarding siege numbers as more information is made available from Siege Perilous. But please by all means keep your little pricker handy, ya never know when you can put it to good use  :)

anigif_enhanced-20319-1437418452-3.gif

They do look a bit cartoon honestly hopefully on later releases they make models somewhat more realistic, or allow players to choose for example Blade & soul has Cartoon Looking Characters, but at the same time I was able to make mine look more real.

I think the devs as well as a large part of the community agree that realism and über graphics take a backseat to gameplay and mechanics. 

That being said, I think a smoothing out of animations in combat is in order and will naturally come when fixing many of the lag and clipping issues.

Hg0LXwa.png

A little, but I consider this a good thing, from what I have seen I think the art style in this game is gorgeous, especially considering it is in pre-alpha.

For the night is dark and filled with terrors.