Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyneric

Pax Maelstrom - A Hardcore Pvp Gaming Community

maelstrom_mini.png

What is the Pax Gaming Community?

Pax Gaming is a collection of community minded members committed to enjoying games of all sorts together. The community has been around since 2001, and has been experiencing games together ever since. We are a community first, and a game aspect later. This means that we fully support all playstyles including PVE, PVP, and RP, but our focus will be PVP and politics. Our interests are not focused on a single game, but includes many MMO's as well as tabletop, shooters, and more. Who a recruit is as a person weighs more heavily than any other consideration. We are a group of friends, family, and like minded geeks. Many of our members have met up in the world, and at conventions you can expect to see a table or two with Paxians. While our numbers steadily grow over the years, the quality of our family remains our single largest benefit.

Pax hosts our own server for teamspeak as well as our forums. We have an organized charter that outlines a very simple yet definitive set of rules to maintain the level of community we wish to provide. While we support roleplay, no single element of a game is enforced. Our concern is for our members to enjoy gaming together. That being said every division of Pax Gaming has origin stories, roleplay officers, and event planners. We also promote and support officers in charge of pve and pvp content, and ambassadors.

In the end our name best describes who and what we are. Pax is a community, above everything else. It is a common phrase for us to state that we recruit the player, not the "toon".

Standards and Expectations

Pax Maelstrom is a PVP focused guild.

If you wish to join Pax Maelstrom, there are two things you need to know.

1. You must at least tolerate PVP and accept that PvP will happen. You do not need to make PVP your focus, you are welcome to be a crafter/gatherer/pve person, just know and be okay with PVP as a possibility in the game.

2. You must follow instructions in regards to PVP. We will almost assuredly have some political dealings going on, if I ask you not to kill a person from a specific guild, don't do it.

Why join Pax Gaming?

Community

Many Pax Gaming members call Pax their second family. We cherish the members we have developed over the years and our cohesion quickly becomes apparent whenever we begin approaching content. Our drive is cemented in an environment where members can explore progression, role-play, and player versus player gaming competitively, as well as social networking with other guilds and forming strong alliances. Time and time again the Gaming Community has been able to achieve these goals while maintaining a community first mindset. A game is played to have fun, and this family provides opportunities for varying playstyles to flourish.

Longevity

Pax Gaming has been around since 2001. Since that date we have had successful guilds in many MMO's, Pax Gaming has never disbanded, and never has been without at least one MMO our members have been playing. We will stay in an MMO as long as it's members are there, we will not shut down a division just to move to another MMO. If you are looking for a guild that isn't just a rest stop to another goal, this is the home for you. If you like mature members that are socially active outside of raid nights, this is your guild. If you think achieving content progression does not require yelling and degradation, look no further.

This will NOT be a guild that folds. Our SWG Chapter of Pax Imperius stayed active and going strong since the servers first opened. We remained active through the game's turbulent history. Pax remained there until the game itself was shut down. For over a decade, Pax has remained strong and active.

Competitive

Pax Gaming seeks to be the best in it’s field in any mmo it joins, whether that’s raiding and pve content, or sandbox and pvp. We seek to and actively encourage players to be the best they can be, and we strive to be the best on the server. We will never shy away from difficult content, and we continue to theorycraft to make sure that we remain a top guild on any server. That said, we are always willing to work with you, to guide you and give you tips on how to improve, we are serious and hardcore, but we also understand that learning mechanics takes time. It is not about being great right out of the gate, as much as it is attitude and willingness to listen and take constructive criticism.

Opportunities

Pax has always looked at each members contributions to their division and community fairly, regardless of any veteran status. We have opportunities to move up in rank, even by members fresh out of recruitment, as long as they show the dedication and drive to earn such a post.

Experience

Our members have years of experience in RP, PvP and PvE in a variety of games. Many of our members are held in respect on their servers. Pax members are always willing to give advice and a hand if you need it.

More than a Single Game

Pax Gaming is over a decade strong with hundreds of members spread through different gaming divisions:

Pax Imperius : Sith Faction - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Pax Dominus : Republic Faction - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Pax Illuminatus : Rift

Pax Ad Mare : ArcheAge

Pax Maelstrom: Crowfall

Pax Mirus : Wildstar

Pax Virtus : Final Fantasy XIV

Pax Novus : Everquest Next

Pax Enkidu : Repopulation

Pax Golgotha : Pathfinder Online (Empire of Xeilias)

Pax Aeternum : Pathfinder Online (Empire of Xeilias)

Pax Invictus: World of Warcraft: Alliance

What is this Charter You Speak Of?

Our Charter is a ‘living document’ that out lines our guild structure, Chain of Command, Rules of Engagement, Codes of Conduct and general guild rules. You may view our charter at paxgaming.com/index.php?wiki/pax-gaming-charter/

How do I join?

We are currently taking applications for Crowfall. As of this time, if you are interested in putting in an application, please choose Pax Maelstrom- Crowfall during the application process. Once a Pax Member has been accepted, they are free to join any game we are playing without further applications. In the cases of sandbox games standard API checks, probationary periods, or other security measures might be required when moving from one division to another.

First you will need to go paxgaming.com to register with the Pax Community.

Our application process is a two week application period, during this two week period you will interact with Pax Gaming members and make sure you are a good fit for our guild. This two week period is also here to help you determine if our guild is a good fit for you.

Full instructions on joining Pax Gaming can be located at
http://www.paxgaming.com/index.php?threads/how-to-join-pax-gaming.5128/#post-47222

Edited by cyneric

For many years I'd snubbed multi-game guilds, but when I researched Pax and their guild "indoctrination" I decided to take a chance and join up.  Each guild is their own entity with each guild leader being part of the Inner Council.  Other than following the Pax charter there is full autonomy within guilds.

A great group to be a part of and for those with MMO/gamer ADD it's a blessing.  We don't only play MMOs but FPS, RTS, etc. 

Many of us have met in person and I swear other members don't try and kill you with alcohol poisoning...

We're a multi game community, currently we're playing AA, Repop,  Pathfinder Online, and Black Desert [On the Korean Server, till the russian servers launch]

Thanks, we've been around for a long while, and we strive for professionalism. We also have several members from Murder Herd, for anyone that remembers them.

Edited by cyneric

Heyo, 

I have been a Pax Community member for a number of years now, and I "like" to say I am a friend of the old Maelstrom crew before they decided to join our multi game community. I have pvp'd with a small number of these former Murder Herd / Maelstrom folks and I can attest to their skills and tactical awareness. To say i learned a thing or two would be an understatement. 

As for the Pax Community itself, I can not say enough about them. Some of my longest standing gaming friendships have been made while I have been a member and an officer. It's nice to have an established base to build a dynamic social unit in regardless of the title. It is particularly important in sandbox games with territory and social consequence. 

For the past few years we have made extra effort to put support behind sandbox titles that seem to reflect the type of atmosphere we are looking for. Our roots come from a wide swath of pvp themepark titles as well as extensive efforts into Star Wars Galaxies and Eve Online. While many of these games might fail, the web of contacts we have secured over the years will not. When the time comes for a sustainable avatar based sandbox to win the development race, we will be heading in with full force. We hope you join us for the ride!

Hiya :D

I found Pax almost 2 years ago through RIFT. We all know how guilds have this drama thing that creeps up and sometimes it's bad enough that you have to find a new home. This is what happened to me, I left my previous guild and jumped head first into Pax. I was a little nervous about doing a 2 week application period. I mean you want me to set aside 2 weeks of my life to talk on your forums?!? I thought about it though, you join a new guild, even one that invites everybody they see, and you feel it out for a couple of weeks. You group up with your new guildies, hang out on their voice server, and find out if this guild is really where you want to be. Pax just makes that part, that we all do, more official and it turned out to be an amazing time for me. It really gave me time to get to know the community and see that Pax isn't just hung up on this one game. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, and I wanted so badly to be a part of that. During my recruitment, it was easy to see that Pax is pretty laid back, inviting, friendly, and most of all active. It was a little overwhelming the first time I stepped onto the site (www.paxgaming.com) to see all of the games Pax has guilds in. Then my first time on Teamspeak 3, omg sooo many channels! 

After those initial 2 weeks, I felt like I had finally found a home, not just a guild. A place where I could truly be my awkward self and be accepted and appreciated. Pax got me out of my shell and taught me so much. I was an MMO noob when I joined Pax, and when I say that I mean NOOB! I get in a new game and can't figure out how to move my character :P People were patient in answering my billion questions and more then happy to help out, whether it was to help with a quest, or show me where that extra achievement was for that title I wanted, or even sharing their special farming areas for those mats I needed. 

Now, Pax is my home. I've made so many friends, some of which I have gone and visited in RL. I know that if I am having one of those days where I just need to vent or rejoice about something that happened, I can bend one of my Pax friend's ears. If I am having problems finding the right part for my computer, I can make a post about it and get the right answers. 

I know that I will *never* have to do that dreaded search for a new gaming home. I'm excited to always meet new faces and get to know the new people that have joined us. Will you be the next new face I see? 

Excited to see another Sandbox title that I'll be able to play with Pax.  There's still a lot of unknown information about this game, but from what they've released so far it definitely has me intrigued!

I've been a part of Pax since 2002, I joined Pax back during the pre-release of SWG and I've never looked back.  I've dabbled in a few other guilds and or communities for a game or two since then for games that Pax didn't play at the time and after those experiences I told myself I'm never playing another game without Pax in it.  This is a great community, and one that I plan on being a part of for the rest of my gaming career.  Even though I can't game as much as I could 12 years ago, I still need a strong community and guild in the game to be a part of and help out the best I can.

I personally can't wait until there's more information about this game.  There's nothing more exciting the pre-release for an exciting game to me!

Building social connections in territorial games has always been important. Want to take over a large area of space or assert your dominance with your clan of fifty peoples? Good luck, but likely those that have concentrated equally on the recruitment and alliance end will laugh at your attempt. When your restrictions are your imaginations, social networks can number in the thousands. Even when you can only bring "X" amount to the battle, or there are mechanical restrictions, metagame alliances allow the hard working behemoths to consistently max out their forces. 

Think recruiting and allying with those of similar timezones is a viable strategy? That might be fine, if the server is down outside of those times. Chances are, however, that you will want to spread out your influence to maintain your influence as close to twenty four hours a day as can be allowed. 

In sandbox games where what your allies own matters, you better be playing the political game. You better be playing it earlier on, and you better be good at maintaining the peace between those you choose to ally with. 

Pax Gaming is a community of 3,175 members spread out over numerous games. It is trivial for us to bring over a hundred members just to "test out" a game that might (but likely won't) succeed. When the game is especially promising, we can easily double that number in the first weeks of launch. 

We have in the past formed alliances with other small or major organizations to further bolster numbers. In Eve we had members warring and sustaining a life in nullsec under a major alliance. In PfO (a game that waned in interest mind you) we were able to form alliances with three other settlements, totaling our empire at four hundred (additional) members in four settlements. We built a separate website for those alliances, and support our own VOIP. Keep in mind this is for a game that had limited interest. 

So we are big, I get it. Why a recruitment thread? It would be easy to sit back on our laurels and just wait for the game. The truth of the matter is that is exactly how you lose in a territorial sandbox. We are never content, and are always striving to be better, bigger, and provide our players more. As much as we have done, we know that YOU matter. 

Join a community that takes games seriously, that treats our members fairly, and that works hard so that we can equip you to succeed.

Join Pax Maelstrom. 

Building social connections in territorial games has always been important. Want to take over a large area of space or assert your dominance with your clan of fifty peoples? Good luck, but likely those that have concentrated equally on the recruitment and alliance end will laugh at your attempt. When your restrictions are your imaginations, social networks can number in the thousands. Even when you can only bring "X" amount to the battle, or there are mechanical restrictions, metagame alliances allow the hard working behemoths to consistently max out their forces. 

Think recruiting and allying with those of similar timezones is a viable strategy? That might be fine, if the server is down outside of those times. Chances are, however, that you will want to spread out your influence to maintain your influence as close to twenty four hours a day as can be allowed. 

In sandbox games where what your allies own matters, you better be playing the political game. You better be playing it earlier on, and you better be good at maintaining the peace between those you choose to ally with. 

Pax Gaming is a community of 3,175 members spread out over numerous games. It is trivial for us to bring over a hundred members just to "test out" a game that might (but likely won't) succeed. When the game is especially promising, we can easily double that number in the first weeks of launch. 

We have in the past formed alliances with other small or major organizations to further bolster numbers. In Eve we had members warring and sustaining a life in nullsec under a major alliance. In PfO (a game that waned in interest mind you) we were able to form alliances with three other settlements, totaling our empire at four hundred (additional) members in four settlements. We built a separate website for those alliances, and support our own VOIP. Keep in mind this is for a game that had limited interest. 

So we are big, I get it. Why a recruitment thread? It would be easy to sit back on our laurels and just wait for the game. The truth of the matter is that is exactly how you lose in a territorial sandbox. We are never content, and are always striving to be better, bigger, and provide our players more. As much as we have done, we know that YOU matter. 

Join a community that takes games seriously, that treats our members fairly, and that works hard so that we can equip you to succeed.

Join Pax Maelstrom. 

We're already coming into this game with some alliances, but we could always use more friends/allies/or recruits. And while most of us enjoy non consensual PvP as our playstyle of choice, we do not discriminate against other playstyles such as crafters/gatherers etc. You are just as valuable as a crafter/gather as any PvPer, after all we need someone to help feed the War machine.

I actually found Pax over 5 years ago through my husband, but have been a member now for 3 years.  I absolutely love this gaming community!  I had my fair share of bad experiences with guilds and was considering quitting a few games because of it.  I decided to bite the bullet and apply to Pax.  I'm glad I did!  I found a group of people who were friendly and welcoming.  I'm sorry I wasted so much time on those other guilds!

I promise all who join or visit will be tormented...er, provoked...er,...well...oh, fine, I will share tasty food pictures and you will all hate and love me for it.  They don't call me the Temptress of Treats for nothing!

I actually found Pax over 5 years ago through my husband, but have been a member now for 3 years.  I absolutely love this gaming community!  I had my fair share of bad experiences with guilds and was considering quitting a few games because of it.  I decided to bite the bullet and apply to Pax.  I'm glad I did!  I found a group of people who were friendly and welcoming.  I'm sorry I wasted so much time on those other guilds!

I promise all who join or visit will be tormented...er, provoked...er,...well...oh, fine, I will share tasty food pictures and you will all hate and love me for it.  They don't call me the Temptress of Treats for nothing!

Your tasty food pictures are always so deviously tempting! I'm lucky that our cookie exchange has gifted me with so many cookies, that your pictures no longer have any power over me!