Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyneric

Pax Maelstrom - A Hardcore Pvp Gaming Community

Quick question and I apologize if it was listed somewhere in this thread but I didn't see it anywhere. This guild sounds exactly like what I'm looking for, the only thing I haven't seen is what ruleset you will be playing on? I was generally thinking of playing on Dregs/FFA so I thought I'd check in to see if that matches what the guild plans on doing.

Welcome! To my knowledge, Pax will be playing "The Dregs" to start out unless the GvG (The Shadow) ruleset becomes available.

Yeah, everyone has their own personal preferences. Some that really loved DAoC will absolutely flock to the three faction ruleset. Me personally, It's Dregs or Shadow. That being said I'd be willing to play any ruleset if as a community we wanted an occasional change of pace. I've found in my gaming history that the community you belong to, the social interaction, can become just as important in the gaming experience as the game itself

I'd add to that slightly and say that the people you're playing with are the most important aspect of the experience in a game like Shadowbane or Crowfall :) Having AC:Darktide and Shadowbane as my two favourite experiences in games naturally makes me lean towards playing on the dregs

Good day to you fine people, hope to see you on the moors as an ally or a guildie, but damn, Dec 16 seems so far off, good thing I'm in Alpha.

Soooo far away.  :P

mael4.jpg

Been around the MMO Block...

Sardoni

Really going to have to toy around with some of the archetypes and disciplines to know for sure what I want to play. I normally play something support or CC heavy, but I do like mages/druids or ranged as well. Good thing I have alpha and beta to find a niche. 

Edited by Charlie George

mael4.jpg

I know I'm going with Confessor for my first character. I just like the feel. Maybe I'll go crazy and use the hunger to my advantage? who knows? I just dig the fluff. Plus... I mean, explody fire mage of inquisitorial goodness.

I think a minotaur or Half-Giant will round out my ranks. Maybe a druid?

mael4.jpg

Just dropped my application. I'm super excited to play with you guys. Have you all thought about what Archetypes you want to play?

Templar! Oh and I'm thinking Knight/Sentinel for range! Druid will probably be my support class if I'm guessing right!

Good day to you fine people, hope to see you on the moors as an ally or a guildie, but damn, Dec 16 seems so far off, good thing I'm in Alpha.

Welcome! We still have other avenues to fill the time, but yeah... EVERYONE is waiting! Can't get here soon enough!

Severn, MD!  Stay away from PG County...

Have you all thought about what Archetypes you want to play?

Ranger for at least one of the slots.  Something with stealth, if offered, for one of my other slots.  A caster type for the third.  

The rest are all open still.

[@--(o.O)@]

Think I'm going to have to go Assassin. Dem wings!

Assassin does look promising, but I really need to know what the mobility builds are viability wise before I decide to roll one. I am assuming the wings might play a little bit into that, but we will have to see. 

mael4.jpg

Assassin does look promising, but I really need to know what the mobility builds are viability wise before I decide to roll one. I am assuming the wings might play a little bit into that, but we will have to see. 

Yea if Assassin's don't have multi-level mobility (can jump to places others can't) or some sort of stealth I duno. But initial glimpses it looks like a promising class to take out enemy supports and other squishies.