• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyneric

Pax Maelstrom - A Hardcore Pvp Gaming Community

Well where do I start? O_o

let's see, some of the Japanese novel I like are;

High School DxD

There is anime out there but I don't really like the anime version of it a little bit too much fan service.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (The Irregular at Magical high school)

I like this one quite a bit. too bad Yen press decide to officially translate it so all the fan translated version been taken out.

Spice and wolves

This is another good one is about merchant and a demi wolf kinda like a god so to speak.

This one is not really a novel but I like it. Is a Korean manga call The One

Some of the Chinese Novel I am reading at the moment are.

Marshal Art Novel;

• Coiling Dragon 
  • Stellar Transformations
  • Battle Through The Heaven
  • Marshal God Asura
  • The Alchemist God
  • Swallow Star

Ancient Dynasty era type novel;

Both of these story have strong Female main.

• Gu fang Bu Zi Sheng
  • Descent of the Phoenix : 13 Years Old Princess Consort

And the last category I am into at the moment are base on mmo;

• Zhang Long
  • this one is 3 part story, though all 3 story have different MC and all three of them are not related. 
    1. Virtual World: The Legendary Thief
    2. Virtual World: Beyond the World
    3. Virtual World: Unparalleled under the Sky 
  • Quan Zhi Gao Shou

There's a few others out there I am reading, but these are some of the novel I am tracking for updates. Also the novel I like quite a bit.

Edited by Cocopaps

I want to learn another language, but with work, a 7 month old, and gaming when I'm not sleeping I feel like I couldn't give it the attention it needs to actually develop. 

I didn't really try to pick up another language I am too lazy for it frankly :D, I did learn mandarin back when I was living in Malaysia and I am terrible at it. D: Though it is only primary school level and I do speak mandarin(Chinese) at home so its easier for me to try relearn it again by reading some books. 

I pick up some other language Novel because the writer's have different style of writing. Some of the jokes/slang in those books are funny and its not often I get to see/hear in UK. I also find that a lot of the English novel are a bit too heavy for me to read. Not because the books are long or what not I just don't like the style. Most of the theme or story just does not pick my interest really.

Spice and wolves

This is another good one is about merchant and a demi wolf kinda like a god so to speak.

This is one of my favorites!

I actually saw the anime before I started reading the light novels but I adore both.

I'll have to look into some of the other things you're reading, especially Gu fang Bu Zi Sheng and Descent of the Phoenix : 13 Years Old Princess Consort.

This is one of my favorites!

I actually saw the anime before I started reading the light novels but I adore both.

I'll have to look into some of the other things you're reading, especially Gu fang Bu Zi Sheng and Descent of the Phoenix : 13 Years Old Princess Consort.

I have links to the translation for both the novel if you are interested. only just got back from my holiday yesterday night. I have to warn you though the translation for the novel a bit slow since it is done by fans. I can read abit of mandarin so I have finish both of them. 

So I read the first post and nothing about your clan sounds "hardcore" or "pvp"-centric. Your only pvp requirement is that people acknowledge the existence of pvp happening, and otherwise you're all-inclusive.

Simply "Pax Maelstrom - Gaming Community" would be infinitely more accurate, wouldn't it?

That's a fair criticism, though I guess a follow up question would be, given that the game isn't out yet, what other feasible requirement could there be? Since Darkfall doesn't exactly play like a Moba [Which crowfall, really does.] What sort of way can player skill be measured, to give an accurate account of a player's ability? You could try Smite, since it has a similar combat system, but then you lack FF and larger group sized combat tactics. You could try DF, but it's combat is radically different, same with Shadowbane. I would even say current Crowfall plays radically different than future Crowfall, given how fast paced the combat is vs how much slower combat will be with the inclusion of FF.

Overall, my view is that skill and unit cohesion can be taught, provided one has the right attitude. So some arbitrary requirement doesn't really change much.

If your meaning is, do we include non PvP people? Of course, even the most pvp centric person still needs crafters, perhaps not for gear, but certainly to build siege equipment and fortifications.

I would say our hardcore nature comes more from the use of squad based tactics/roles/EVE fleet command support. We also play to win, fun is sort of a bonus, rather than the goal. However if you don't find that hardcore enough, than fair enough.