Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyneric

Pax Maelstrom - A Hardcore Pvp Gaming Community

Heck yes!  Love the new signature, folks.

Thanks Beacon

It isn't the final product, the heraldry is still being worked on (we use our own art assets instead of stock images for that) which will likely be added to the left. Still, Phaedos did a stellar job with the template and has been a good sport (what with me asking for minute changes and all)

mael4.jpg

Thanks Beacon

It isn't the final product, the heraldry is still being worked on (we use our own art assets instead of stock images for that) which will likely be added to the left. Still, Phaedos did a stellar job with the template and has been a good sport (what with me asking for minute changes and all)

Aww! Honestly you were easier to deal with than some of my clients. Not that it is surprising, Pax is awesome and so are the people in it.  Glad you like it, Beacon.

*Goes back to  forum lurking*

mael4.jpg

Yea.  It is quite fancy.  I might be a bit biased though...

Eager to see the heraldry being done as well.

Yeah as do I, we gave out a concept and got back the rough sketch, I don't want to release too much but it is looking pretty darn good so far. 

In the past some of our guild heraldry has ended up looking clustered, and Golgotha's original symbol was a nightmare combination of all the guilds that merged to form it. What we are going for now is something detailed enough to stand out, but otherwise uncluttered. We restricted ourselves to a single component image and a single color scheme (but shaded). 

I know it isn't our normal way of handling image brainstorming, but I think in the end we will have a much cleaner image for it. Our goals is something our members would not mind on a badge, T-shirt, sticker, or in game as a standard. 

mael4.jpg

PotatoeMcWhiskey your app to Wm has been approved, feel free to disband pax make xcomy homeless and come on over. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

PotatoeMcWhiskey your app to Wm has been approved, feel free to disband pax make xcomy homeless and come on over. 

Excellent, we will take your direction under serious consideration. While you wait please make sure to sign at the bottom of 714.4B, 836.2C, and in the middle of 514.1D of your obligatory Z.C.A.A.C. (Zerg-Carebear Alliance and Agreement Correspondence). 

Make sure your returned copies are on the official "teal" colored paper as is required by our security standard. As always, make sure you include the obligatory cover letter. 

mael4.jpg

So I am currently in the start of my application-phase over at paxgaming and Charlie George wanted me to stop by here and tell you a little about it.

The reason I decided to apply to Pax was because PotatoMcWhiskey mentioned it to me after we both were quite, what should I say, knee deep over in one of the p2w threads. I haven't really been a member of guild in a long while and the idea of having like-minded people able to participate in both meaningful discussions and game activities just felt right. It is something I personally have been missing in my gaming escapades lately. Also the people representing Pax here on the crowfall forums all seemed like people I would like to share those experiences with.

Pax Gamings application process is quite interesting. I quite like the idea that it's a sort of grace period where both the applicant and the guild members get to feel each other out and get a better understanding for each other. I think it's a smart way of integrating new players and of course weeding out potential bad seeds. I also like that it goes both ways. That way I can get a feel for how pax operates and ultimately decide if it's a good fit for me. Not just the other way around. So far I have mostly been answering questions, both personal and game-related. All in good nature and so far I have found it both challenging and rewarding.

And to close this post out. The thing I hope the most we get out of Tuesdays reveal is some actual gameplay in video form. I mean I do hope that they open a lot of the design systems to further discussion. Not the least how the persistence of the eternal kingdoms of different players will interact with each other and how that relates to the non persistence and size of the campaigns. But most of all I just really want to see how the game looks in action. 

What do you guys think?

mael4.jpg

Well thought out post Rabbit!

And to close this post out. The thing I hope the most we get out of Tuesdays reveal is some actual gameplay in video form. I mean I do hope that they open a lot of the design systems to further discussion. Not the least how the persistence of the eternal kingdoms of different players will interact with each other and how that relates to the non persistence and size of the campaigns. But most of all I just really want to see how the game looks in action. 

What do you guys think?

Another applicant, Squirrel caught a blurb indicating that we will see some in game footage of some sort. It is looking promising at least, and it got a like from one of the developers. 

mael4.jpg