Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voluntas

What type of Player are you ? (Bartle's Taxonomy)

Bartle's Taxonomy  

362 members have voted

1. 1. What Type of Player are you ?

I just wanna play my first campaign world with you all so much  :)

All about the team....this is not about you, me or anyone other 1 person, the numbers matter and more importantly those numbers must be organized.... 

Joined in the group test. Says I'm in the 99% of Griefers out of those taking the test. I only scored a 67%.

**EDIT** Actually, I am in the 75% of Griefers and 99% of Socializers :P

mXmzA1p.png

This new Bartle test really REALLY pisses me off with calling us Griefers. I ain't no griefer. If Killer was too bad a name, I got a perfect one as a replacement.

Try COMPETITOR, for it is the Killer who embodies the spirit of competition in gaming. If people from all four types were to fight in a competition, there reasons would look something like this.

Achiever: "I just want the prize at the end..."

Explorer: "Wow this arena looks neat from the ring view!"

Socializer: "I can't wait to tell the guys about this later!"

Killer: "I'm gonna kick some tail!!! LEMME AT EM!!!"

Being a killer doesn't mean specifically that you get joy out of ruining someone else's day, even if that is a side effect of beating someone else in a competition, whether it be a fight, race or otherwise. I'm a killer, but I get more joy out of the competition and overcoming the challenges other players present over causing grief to players or fighting some lame AI. This is why I think the name should NOT be Griefer, as that has such negative connotations which aren't even true to everyone who falls into the category. If the name had to change, it should of changed to competitor. Whether the Killer fights fair or not isn't the issue, but that they are in the game for the fight and challenge of outwitting real world players rather than computers is why they are competitors. 

Edited by CheshireVee

Joined in the group test. Says I'm in the 99% of Griefers out of those taking the test. I only scored a 67%.

**EDIT** Actually, I am in the 75% of Griefers and 99% of Socializers :P

mXmzA1p.png

This new Bartle test really REALLY pisses me off with calling us Griefers. I ain't no griefer. If Killer was too bad a name, I got a perfect one as a replacement.

Try COMPETITOR, for it is the Killer who embodies the spirit of competition in gaming. If people from all four types were to fight in a competition, there reasons would look something like this.

Achiever: "I just want the prize at the end..."

Explorer: "Wow this arena looks neat from the ring view!"

Socializer: "I can't wait to tell the guys about this later!"

Killer: "I'm gonna kick some tail!!! LEMME AT EM!!!"

Being a killer doesn't mean specifically that you get joy out of ruining someone else's day, even if that is a side effect of beating someone else in a competition, whether it be a fight, race or otherwise. I'm a killer, but I get more joy out of the competition and overcoming the challenges other players present over causing grief to players or fighting some lame AI. This is why I think the name should NOT be Griefer, as that has such negative connotations which aren't even true to everyone who falls into the category. If the name had to change, it should of changed to competitor. Whether the Killer fights fair or not isn't the issue, but that they are in the game for the fight and challenge of outwitting real world players rather than computers is why they are competitors. 

Yeah I agree, but gamer-DNA went dark a while back. This is the next best thing that I have been able to find.