Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really tried to find info on if solo play will be something I can do? I am worried that this is going to be just a big guild type game. I want to craft and maybe go into the other areas for solo pvp, but there is really not much info on this. I Watched a older stream where they kind of danced around the subject , but no real answer was given. I loved the fact that you could be a awesome well known crafter in UO, AND SWG which is what they said they were taking game play ideas from. 

Thanks for any responses I may get :)

I do not know much about solo gameplay but i believe one of the rulesets in the campaign will be for solo players but i am not sure correct me if i am wrong. And from what they have showed you can be a well known crafter. 

(I am not sure about any of this so don't hurt me)

Here are a couple passages of interviews in which ACE discusses solo players, crafting, etc.:

players can solo to achieve personal goal / players have to team up to win campaign or great goals / survival increased by joining a team

individual level : personal crafting, kill creatures, building / guild & team related goal : need to team with players

solo independent play can be successful but interconnected with other players

plenty of solo activities : gathering materials and resources, hauling them back to the castle, fortifying structures, crafting, etc.

casual players can be competitive

scouting and infiltration and assassination can turn the tide of an entire Campaign

role of crafters in CW : equipment, repairing structures, really important

benefits of crafting : name will be known, items sought out far and wide, whispers from other players

crafters may craft unique items, explore new recipes, create customized items for all styles of play, mark their product to build a social reputation and audience

Also there's a lot of information in the FAQ, especially the Economy FAQ that explains a few things about crafting.

Well regardless of which ruleset you play it being an open world PvP based game with wide open worlds I'd think there would be a lot to keep a solo player occupied with setting up abushes and ganking spots. Attacking other solo players and even small groups disrupting supply lines and caravans and such I'd imagine the solo player could excel at. So yeah while the game isn't going to cater to solo play there should be plenty of things to do if you more of a solo player.  

Depends in how "solo" you want to be. If you just want to log in and not talk to anyone, you can do that in the lower CWs. You can access the resources and crafting stations controlled by your side, although getting resources that you need won't be easy, but doable. If you want to do both combat and crafting, it is technically doable, but working through disparate skill trees is going to take a long time. Crowfall is built around specialization and socialization, so if you are after the one-man-is-an-island gameplay, it'll be a tough row to hoe.

I am not antisocial :) I just have yet to get into a guild that does not have tons of drama or little clicks that end up being drama. So I tend to avoid guilds anymore, I love to socialize, heck I am a you tuber streamer lol. I just don't like to deal with the drama that guilds bring. It stinks to make friends then have something happen and the guild split or simply disband. so while I DO want to make friends, it would take on heck of an exceptional guild to get me to join. I am no special snowflake hehe, I just want to have fun.

Thank you all for the replies :)

Hey Bankee. Welcome to Crowfall!

Something to always keep in mind with CF vs most all other MMOs is this is going back to those UO & SWG days where they had inter player dependencies. We will need each other for crafting, protection, conquest, resources, and surviability. CF will have a fewer solo things like farming spawns or safe harvesting. 

Though you did mention being interested in crafting which will come in two forms 1) during the campaign worlds and 2) in Eternal Kingdoms between CWs. If you don't want to join a guild CF will have 2 World Rings that will be either 3-way Faction fight & a 12 Factions Royal Rumble. You don't need to be in a guild to "help you side win" with crafted gear & structures or harvesting resources.

There will also be EKs like ours (click signature for info) that are designed around a community rather than a single guild. We will have several different guilds and solo individuals. Think of it like we are building a Shard. 

More details can be found by using the search function up top and if you can't find something come back and ask :)

Edited by Keaggan

Keaggan I looked over your link. Very Interesting. I do not understand a lot about the kingdoms, but I guess I Get one. I bought the 180 pack, I may upgrade it if I can. Not sure if I can though since I used the pledge? My question is for example your kingdom that you are using for this Free Lands Of Azure, if you invite people or guilds to join it can they also be removed if you just wanted them gone? If so why would people not just use thier own kingdom? I would hate to join a kingdom with no guarantee of my spot being taken away.

It kind of sounds like what Shroud of the avatar is doing with player owned towns, you can rent a spot but it can be taken away from you. This makes it very scary to join such a place. I have a lot to learn about this game :)

There is no guarantee you will ever keep your spot in any EK, but the chance of a single person actually building an EK worth visiting, without help, is slim to none. Thats the reason most people wont use their own EK. Why would any player visit xxSlayer_Bobxx's EK when hes one person with a small EK and probably has nothing when they could jump into Omni-Guild+'s EK where they know there will be a large amount of trade and commerce, and plentiful resources of different sorts (cause there are multiple crafters with different specializations). 

The upside is that if you do get offered land in another persons EK you can place your own land parcels and build that specific area to your liking and if they do happen to kick you all of your land leaves with you. So aside from losing a prime spot in a good EK you dont really suffer any losses when being removed from an EK.

So there really isnt any reason to not join a bigger EK since you can only benefit from the extra commerce and if the time arrives and you get removed from the EK you get to keep all your parcels and such and just look for a new place to set up shop.

Also You can set EKs to public or private and going into a kingdom doesnt necessarily mean you have plots of land or anything. Public allows all players to see your EK listing which is what will lead to the massive economic empires that will grow and become major trade hubs for people. This is where people will just jump into an EK and shop around, or for the lucky bunch that have enough to offer, possibly even set up shop.

The private ones are the EKs where a person invites specific people for what ever reasons they choose, these will be the guild HUBs and meeting areas for different groups and such. 

Edited by ShadowwBoi13

There is no guarantee you will ever keep your spot in any EK, but the chance of a single person actually building an EK worth visiting, without help, is slim to none. Thats the reason most people wont use their own EK. Why would any player visit xxSlayer_Bobxx's EK when hes one person with a small EK and probably has nothing when they could jump into Omni-Guild+'s EK where they know there will be a large amount of trade and commerce, and plentiful resources of different sorts (cause there are multiple crafters with different specializations). 

The upside is that if you do get offered land in another persons EK you can place your own land parcels and build that specific area to your liking and if they do happen to kick you all of your land leaves with you. So aside from losing a prime spot in a good EK you dont really suffer any losses when being removed from an EK.

So there really isnt any reason to not join a bigger EK since you can only benefit from the extra commerce and if the time arrives and you get removed from the EK you get to keep all your parcels and such and just look for a new place to set up shop.

Also You can set EKs to public or private and going into a kingdom doesnt necessarily mean you have plots of land or anything. Public allows all players to see your EK listing which is what will lead to the massive economic empires that will grow and become major trade hubs for people. This is where people will just jump into an EK and shop around, or for the lucky bunch that have enough to offer, possibly even set up shop.

The private ones are the EKs where a person invites specific people for what ever reasons they choose, these will be the guild HUBs and meeting areas for different groups and such. 

This makes sense to me. As I had said I was not very familiar with how EK's would work. Although I would think if you are a good enough crafter, people will visit your single kingdom, and who knows it could even grow into a nice trade hub for others too :) I recall playing SWG and traveling to many remote houses of skilled crafters for items, so I would not count out the lil guys :) Thank you for your reply.

This makes sense to me. As I had said I was not very familiar with how EK's would work. Although I would think if you are a good enough crafter, people will visit your single kingdom, and who knows it could even grow into a nice trade hub for others too :) I recall playing SWG and traveling to many remote houses of skilled crafters for items, so I would not count out the lil guys :) Thank you for your reply.

While it certainly a possibility its just not a likely probability. This is because EVERYONE will have an EK. If you look at the current number of backers it's over 22,000! Lets say less than half of them (10,000) bother to "open" their EK and place a stronghold. Then let's take only a third of those that make them public. So now we have 3,000 EKs to sift through. It would be a lottery for players to happen upon an EK with a single vendor in it.

The reason things like your SWG example work is because thousands of players were playing on the same server. Which is what the larger EKs will act as. So join another's EK or forming your own will be colabrative effort.

That's the approach we are taking at the FLA. The social and community side of MMOs has always interested me.

Last thing to note you can belong to several EKs at once. Joining an EK doesn't lock you in like choosing a server or Shard to play on. So you could join the FLA, Uncle Bob's Cat Factory, Uber Elite Guild, and still have your own :)

Edited by Keaggan

who knows it could even grow into a nice trade hub for others too

So what I'm hearing is that you're not opposed to the idea of playing cooperatively with other people, you just don't trust anyone but yourself in charge.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

So what I'm hearing is that you're not opposed to the idea of playing cooperatively with other people, you just don't trust anyone but yourself in charge.

Without knowing these people of course I do not trust anyone. Do you walk up to people and automatically trust them? Trust is something earned. I have been playing video games since the 80's and I have been burned many times losing countless items and accounts to people I thought I "trusted" While I feel your post is trolling, I decided to answer it anyhow.

I am NOT saying that I wont place my trust in someone, I am just saying I am VERY leary of whom I will.