Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pre-Alpha 1.3 Ranger Stats and Abilities

Makeshyft

// Hey guys. Below is an info dump transcribed from the current Pre-Alpha 1.3 Hunger Dome test environment. Enjoy!

*/ To-Do List:
- Grab cooldowns for all abilities.
- Calculate mean/max damage for all abilities with base weapons
- Find Stat effects on damage, including attack power. */

BASE RANGER TRAITS:

Base Health - 52500

Base Stats -
STR   55
DEX   65
INT     40
SPR   20
CON  50

Base Bow Damage - 700-1050
Base Blade Damage - 350-525

Promotion Classes:

Brigand    Melee
Archer      Ranged
Warder     Switch

// Currently, I have no knowledge on how base stats effect damage. If that has been released, lemme know and I'll add it in.

RANGER ABILITIES:

Ranged Tray:

Arrows

Slashing - Deals additional damage

Piercing - Deals additional bleeding damage.

Crushing - Stuns the target.

// Arrow on-hit effects are applies every third shot in quick succession. (the orange tinged shot, known as "multi-purpose" shot.

Passive:

Controlled Intentions - While in Ranged Mode applies Controlled Breathing to you, allowing Energy regeneration. While in Melee Mode applies Wicked Intentions to you, which removes Energy regeneration and gives you a chance to regain Energy on hit.

Cast Time: Passive   Target: Self

// Energy is your primary damage-dealing resource. While not especially important in Ranged mode, all Melee abilities take a large amount of energy to use. Including your escapes!

Left Mouse Button (LMB):
Straight/Power/Multi-Purpose Shot (Basic Attack) -  Shoot an arrow towards your reticle for (green) 3965-5364/(blue) 4361-5901/ (orange) 4758-6437 + 100% weapon damage. Each orange shot (multi-purpose) will apply on-hit arrow effects.

Cast Time: Charged   Lifetime: 0.58   Target: Reticle   Range: 40m   Velocity: 70 m/s   Cost: 1 arrow

// This is your bread & butter attack. Each attack can be charged up to 100%. In my playtesting, I've found it best  to charge my first two shots to about 50-60% and then 100% my T3 or orange shot as it has the most potential for damage.

Right Mouse Button (RMB):
Spin Step - Roll quickly in the current WASD direction.

Cast Time: Instant   Cost: 50 Stamina   Target: Self   Range: 8m

// This is your active combat roll. Think Dark Souls if you're a learned man. You can roll out of melee cones and create distance. You can do it 2 times in quick succession before you need to let your stamina recharge.

Key 1:
Rapid Fire - Hold to shoot up to 10 arrows towards your reticle that deal 1366-1849 + 10% weapon damage per arrow. Adds 10 Critical Hit Chance for every 2 arrows that do not critically hit. Effect is removed when your land a crit.

Cast Time: Hold Channeled   Velocity: 70 m/s   Target: Reticle   Lifetime: 0.58   Duration: 2   Range: 40m

// This is the Ranger "burst" skill, allowing a large amount of damage in a short period of time. Provided every arrow hits, you can do about 125-150% a normal shot damage with crits. Synergizes well with Sustain.

Key 2:

Ricochet Shot - Charge an arrow and shoot it towards your reticle dealing 1791-2423 +50% weapon damage. The arrow will chain within 6m dealing 1074-1454 + 30% weapon damage and then chain to a third dealing 716-969 +20% weapon damage. If your arrow hits 3 targets you will recieve a buff called "Hot Shot" that increases all shot damage. (% & duration currently unknown)

Cast Time: Charged   Velocity: 70 m/s   Target: Reticle   Lifetime: 0.58   Duration: 10 seconds   Range: 40m

// I considered this ability pretty weak until I discovered the damage bonus. That's a % increase across ALL abilities for a limited period of time. Along with Archer's Stake, it's well worth it to open into a group fight with it.

Key 3:

Suppression Shot - Shoot at a ground location dealing 2663-3602 + 100% weapon damage. Applies a suppression effect to all hit. (no skills for 6 seconds)

Cast Time: Ground Aimed AoE   Cost: 1 arrow   Target: AoE   Range: 35

// Abuse this. It currently locks out all skills including basic attack. It's a ridiculous CC.

(cont.)

(Ranged Tray cont.)

Key 4:

Barrage - Shoot 6 volleys of arrows at target ground location, dealing 414-560 + 17% weapon damage per volley to up to 5 targets within 8m.

Cast Time: Ground Aimed AoE   Cost: 6 Arrows   Target: AoE   Range: 35m

// I've used this to mixed results. Use in teamfights when you can hit 3-5 targets, as it SHOULD do more than focusing single-targets. Not very effective in practice currently.

Key 5:
Launch Explosive Trap - Shoot an explosive trap at a ground location, which explodes when an enemy approaches dealing 815-1102 + 100% weapon damage as Fire. Knocks up all hit. Trap will exist for 60 seconds.

Cast Time: Ground Aimed AoE.   Cost: 100 Energy   Target: AoE   Range: 5m

// The animation is painfully long, but the knock-up is ridiculously high. It can be used to create distance, but it's unreliable because it only knocks enemies straight up, not out.

Key 6:
Archers Stake - Creates a Archer's Stake at the feet of the caster. The stake grants 250 attack power to you as long as you are within 10m

Cast Time: Instant   Range: 10m   Target: Self    Duration: 35 seconds   Cost: 100 Energy

// Use this whenever you get into a big fight. The damage buff is significant, but the area-of-effect is not that big. Don't be afraid to abandon if you're pressured by melee and don't have a peel.

Key C:
Sustain - Grants 25 Lifesteal for 10 seconds to your attacks, which returns Health for all attacks that damage a health pool. (not mitigation)

Cast Time: Instant   Target: Self   Duration: 10 seconds

(cont. Melee Tray)

MELEE TRAY:

Left Mouse Button (LMB):

Sinister/Wicked/Vile Slash (Basic Attack)- Slash in front of you twice for 309-418/571-772 +33%/50% weapon damage. Applies Armor Crack to all hit, which reduces all Physical Mitigations by 5%/10%/20% for 15 seconds.

Cast Time: Instant   Target: Cone  Range: 3.5m

// The attack animation is pretty long, so aiming it takes careful practice. You can move between strikes, as there is a grace period before the combo resets.

Right Mouse Button (RMB):

Spin Step - Roll quickly in the current WASD direction.

Cast Time: Instant   Cost: 50 Stamina   Target: Self   Range: 8m

// Same as Ranged Tray.

Key 1:

Forest Step - Blink through the forest shadows forward and gain 50 movement speed for 3 seconds.

Cast Time: Instant   Cost: 100 Energy   Target: Self   Duration: 3 seconds

Tendon Slice   (Chain 1) - Slash in front of you for 638-860 +44% weapon damage. Applies 50% movement reduction to target.

Cast Time: Instant   Target: Cone   Range: 3.5m   Cost: 50 energy

// This is your #1 escape. It's a teleport and takes you a fair distance. Use to get out of trouble.

Key 2:
Slice n' Dice - Continuously slash in front of you for 282-382 + 10% weapon damage each swing.

Cast Time: Hold Channeled   Cost: 15 Energy per second   Target: Cone   Range: 4m

// I don't really know the use of this ability. It's damage seems sub-par and it has no additional effects. AoE cone maybe?

Key 3:

Sweep - Slash in front of you for 546-739 + 100% weapon damage. Applies Cunning Sweep to one nearby group member, adding 15% damage to their next attack. 

Cast Time: Instant   Cost: 50 energy   Target: Cone   Range: 4m

Jab (Combo 3) - Slash in front of you, critically striking for 926-1253 + 100% weapon damage.

Cast Time: Instant   Cost: 75 energy   Target: Rectangle   Range: 4m

Disengage (Combo E) - Leap backwards dealing 1157-1565 + 100% weapon damage. Moves your power tray to ranged.

Cast Time: Instant   Target: Cone   Range: 4.5m

// This is your most useful and important melee ability. Sweep into Jab for a large nuke. Sweep into disengage for sweet acrobatics and escape!

Key 4:

Cross Slash - Slash in front of you for 287-388 + 100% weapon damage. Applies a moderate bleed effect.

// This bleed is nice. Apply it at the beginning of a fight and reapply when necessary.

Key 5:

Explosive Trap Same as Ranged Tray, except the Trap is dropped at your feet, not shot.

// Self-explanatory.

Key 6:

Twin Surge - Slash in front of you with both blades dealing 259-350 + 50% weapon damage twice.

Cast Time: Instant   Cost: 100 energy/restores 15 stam   Target: Cone   Range: 4m

Laceration (Combo 6) - Slash in front of you for 615-833 + 100% weapon damage. Applies a Weapon Break effect which reduces all incoming damage by 20% for 15 seconds.

(cont.)

I recall Blair saying the RMB was able to interrupt animation lock.  I also remember a few vocal people that wanted abilities that would interrupt animation lock but I haven't seen many people giving feedback on the ability and breaking locks.  Does it work for the ranger?

Right now it is more of a Dodge an attack / interrupt. It's great for breaking out of a power and moving a bit out of the way. It is not intended to be an escape

I recall Blair saying the RMB was able to interrupt animation lock.  I also remember a few vocal people that wanted abilities that would interrupt animation lock but I haven't seen many people giving feedback on the ability and breaking locks.  Does it work for the ranger?

It does work. Not sure if it interrupts all of the long animation locks, but can confirm it works on the channeled AOE (#4) at least.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

RMB can indeed interrupt animation lock, at least the basic attack. I'll test this more on Thursday.