Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Farther camera zoom

I'm not a fan of a more zoomed out camera, I think it would increase the ability of the players to see areas that our character would not normally be supposed to see, like behind objects or walls. Another reason is that I consider it looks aesthetically better when the camera is close to the character, considering they've put effort to make shiny gears and VFX. Without the current limit, some streamers would probably use the new maximum camera distance. If anything, I'd be all in for a polished first-person camera, Darkfall style.

Edited by courant101

I'm not a fan of a more zoomed out camera, I think it would increase the ability of the players to see areas that our character would not normally be supposed to see, like behind objects or walls. Another reason is that I consider it looks aesthetically better when the camera is close to the character, considering they've put effort to make shiny gears and VFX, so I'd prefer that they keep the current maximum so the streamers are not using zoomed out camera. If anything, I'd be all in for a polished first-person camera, Darkfall style.

I have to agree with Courant. It takes away the idea of "oh my god someone is attacking from a different direction I need to turn my camera quickly to see" kind of feel. If you zoom out more, it will be harder for enemy to sneak up behind you from the wood because your zoomed out camera would be able to spot them and takes away some of the tactical sense.

EDIT: And I don't think feet touching action bar is the issue. It's the scale of you character vs how much you can see when you turn the camera. To me, Crowfall showed a good chunk of what I can see in front of me and beside me, giving me some sort of a cone spread vision which I really like.

Edited by EDM

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I think I like the close camera but I agree with Ziz that my characters legs shouldn't be underneath the action bar. I understand the benefits of the close camera but just let me zoom it out a little bit more.

I'm not a fan of a more zoomed out camera, I think it would increase the ability of the players to see areas that our character would not normally be supposed to see, like behind objects or walls. Another reason is that I consider it looks aesthetically better when the camera is close to the character, considering they've put effort to make shiny gears and VFX. Without the current limit, some streamers would probably use the new maximum camera distance. If anything, I'd be all in for a polished first-person camera, Darkfall style.

there is a middle ground... this games camera is closer than every MMO I have ever seen, ever

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

there is a middle ground... this games camera is closer than every MMO I have ever seen, ever

Yea I agree that it's way closer than any MMORPG I've played before, it resembles more to a third-person shooter / above shoulder camera. I think it's fine the way it is currently though.

CHtvnnT.png?1

4av0zSh.png?1

Have noticed with 1.3 we have lost some zoom capabilities. Is this a bug or new direction for camera zoom?

I believe that after removing the automatic zoom-in effect of the Ranger when preparing for a ranged attack, ACE reduced the zoom-out capability of this archetype. edit: I've checked a few streams and it looks like all archetypes would be impacted by this change

Edited by courant101

I believe that after removing the automatic zoom-in effect of the Ranger when preparing for a ranged attack, ACE reduced the zoom-out capability of this archetype. edit: I've checked a few streams and it looks like all archetypes would be impacted by this change

Which is closer than the pictures you posted. My knights feet touch the ability button now.

Again im not askinfpg for a lot, certainly not some huge tactical advantage, just enought that it doesnt feel clostraphobic

Gw2's is about twice as far (and still short for mmo standards) and when they reduced the zoom in beta, the forums went nuts. Aka... Most people like a farther option

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

Which is closer than the pictures you posted. My knights feet touch the ability button now.

True, the screenshots are from streams 3+ days ago and  the camera zoom change seems to have occurred after that. I wonder if it's a bug or if it's ACE intention to have the camera even closer to the character.

Im NOT asking for WoW levels of camera zoom... But when your charecters feet touch the action bar it is way to close

What sucks the most is when a mob is under a tree. It renders you blind. You're stuck in this awkward field of view that leaves you vulnerable.

I'd like more control over the camera as well, but understand that it does give a tactical advantage. In this game especially with the draw distances and line of sight.

What sucks the most is when a mob is under a tree. It renders you blind. You're stuck in this awkward field of view that leaves you vulnerable.

I'd like more control over the camera as well, but understand that it does give a tactical advantage. In this game especially with the draw distances and line of sight.

Yes it does....But, it give everyone the same tactical advantage....The camera angle/distance gives me motion sickness....I mentioned this a few months ago because, for me, the game is unplayable for more then short periods of time.  Obviously some other people have these issues as well....

Edited by Nakawe

But, it give everyone the same tactical advantage....

Not exactly.. it forces people to use the long distance in order not to be disadvantaged.

Anyhow, in a game like this with the reticule to aim there's no way they're going to let you zoom out that much. Otherwise you would basically be targeting "upside-down" like in an isometric game, while the reticule works as if you were behind the character, not above. That said, the zoom should work up to a certain distance, maybe a bit more than what it is now but not that much..

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Not exactly.. it forces people to use the long distance in order not to be disadvantaged.

Anyhow, in a game like this with the reticule to aim there's no way they're going to let you zoom out that much. Otherwise you would basically be targeting "upside-down" like in an isometric game, while the reticule works as if you were behind the character, not above. That said, the zoom should work up to a certain distance, maybe a bit more than what it is now but not that much..

Don't need much more but need some....There are tons of games that have the reticle top right over the shoulder in third person games.  Those games play just fine.  The current feel of the game is one of FPS view point.  Does it take more effort to make reticle moveable a bit so the  customer can modify its location a bit for preferred play style?  The reticle and layout is the exact same position of DC universe.  I was not a fan of that when I tried it.  I have downloaded that F2P game to get a better feel for that combat.  It appears the combat in this game has the same style from a consumers (This consumer) point of view.

Yea I agree that it's way closer than any MMORPG I've played before, it resembles more to a third-person shooter / above shoulder camera. I think it's fine the way it is currently though.

CHtvnnT.png?1

4av0zSh.png?1

the camera distance in those screenshots is totally fine for me.

the camera distance in those screenshots is totally fine for me.

And that is not the current camera distance, it was moved much closer. By accident or intentional we dont know.

Blair has a thread for bugs but the camera is not on that list

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png