Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the devil's dictionary

Overdhose

encountering the definition of mad was an event of more importance to me then I care to admit.

They say that if you look around, and everyone around you appears to be insane, the more logical conclusion is that you yourself are insane.

Then they sometimes ask that, if you were standing on a bridge, and everyone started to jump off, if you would jump off to.

Now if I am standing on a bridge, and people are jumping off, they all appear insane to me, which means I'm the insane one standing on an empty bridge asking himself why everyone just jumped off...

My government decided that there is no more need for an evaluation period when signing a contract for a new job, which was a period in which both employer and employee could break the contract without much repercussion in case there was no match, which basically means that now we adopted a more japanese like mentality where once you accept a job, as long as you execute it "adequatly", which might be something you have a compulsion to do, you are stuck there no matter what the consequences are to you as a person, and quitting yourself without finding another job is harakiri. 

Is this like a trend, is this the way we are moving forward, are we slowly regressing, are we giving up rights our ancestors fought for to provide future generations with a better life? Are MMO's the escape hatch to let me feel like I'm actually fighting to maintain these rights, making it the bread and games just to keep me docile and prevent me from trying to incite useless and potentially dangerous riots? Were the japanese on to something I'm missing?

Am I roleplaying a phylosophic general in a virtual world because it appeals to me, or am I just escaping reality not to deal with all these questions. Am I an outcast protecting himself by maintaining his status as an outcast, thus creating his own problems, or am I right in assuming that it doesn't even matter how much effort or compromises I make, I'll remain the same outcast, just tired and depressed from all the wasted effort?

No matter what the answers are, I can't for the life of me get my brain to answer certain questions HR asks me the way they expect,

no matter how much I practice or remain calm, it's close to feeling shizophrenic as i realize the answer I'm giving certainly won't get me the job, despite the fact I lost the ability to sustain my financial independance. Yet somehow my brain short circuits, and while it handles the "does not compute" error, some daemon just launched an automatic unfiltered answer beyond my control.

Am I mad?

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

I think you're overthinking Crowfall a bit too much, mate. 

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

It is not like I spend entire days overthinking things like this checkyotrack, just so happened that I was trying to calm my own head and actually writing it down usually has beneficial effects. I think the most important that weight most on me was this though :

Is this like a trend, is this the way we are moving forward, are we slowly regressing, are we giving up rights our ancestors fought for to provide future generations with a better life?

whether or not mmo's, and I said mmo's, not crowfall, are an escape hatch is more phylosofical, just like the fact that if I were to run around advertising these thoughts with the idea of inciting riots would most likely result with me popping happy pills in some mental institution.

It might be slow, small steps, and it might look insignificant, but overall it really is something that repops in muzings of the kind. It seems that nowadays, any law that takes a step forward comes with a step back. And me in this case,  

My government decided that there is no more need for an evaluation period when signing a contract for a new job

I feel like this was something that didn't need changing, specially if you consider that nowadays it's virtually impossible to get a job without passing through a temp agency anyway, heck, I have gone to interviews where at the end they tell you : okay now go to this temp agency, get a contract and come back. What they did now is basically turn this grey area into a white one because business didn't like the clause. Gave people to much freedom. To much freedom is bad.

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

The man's real life was even more interesting than his wonderful satire. Didn't he go traipsing off to Mexico in his sixties or seventies and disappear in Pancho Villa's war?

He also had some interesting things to say about lawyers. Something about being one skilled at avoiding the law.

Around here you don't need to be a laywer for that, just have a different mindset then mine. You good enough to make some money that way you'll get more respect to. It's just another thing I fail at.