Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Platforms

bidwood

Has there been any talk of platforms?

I am mostly a console gamer with PS4 right now. It did a pretty good job of FFXIV; though that's not my type of game, it is menu-intensive and was well-executed with the gamepad. Planetside 2 is now there, and H1Z1 and EverQuest Next have been promised. The capabilities seem to be there to stick around 30fps with decent graphics and current games.

The reason I bring this up is twofold:

1.) With the console psychographic there is less experience with MMOs and there are a ton of blank slates to influence. In the PC MMO context I feel that a lot of the veterans have been "brainwashes" (for lack of a better word) by the garbage that became mainstream after UO, SWG and SB. They have a hard time making the paradigm shift to understand how the game Crowfall purports to be could be fun. They get caught up on individual system elements which don't resonate with their MMO politics (e.g. PVP, full loot) and can't see the "big picture".

I think blank slates will be important for this game. Sure there are a number aging gamers (myself included) who know this is exactly what they want to play, but what about others? We will need some fresh blood, and I truly believe we can get it from the console market if we strike while the iron is hot. But we'll have to be patient, because they'll make a lot of noob mistakes before getting immersed and adding value to the community.

2.) This one is pretty simple...  my gaming PC is outdated and I haven't found that killer title that justified the investment in a modern rig. I might be tempted to build one for Crowfall but would prefer to use the PS4 if possible.

No talk that I have seen, but I'm going to guess with 100% confidence this game is PC first and always. They don't have the budget of AAA titles like Final Fantasy to attempt cross platforms. Also, I just don't know how well even the new consoles would hold up during a crowfall siege of hundreds of players on the screen at the same time spamming spells and powers.

Shadowbane - Aflac 
Advocates of Evil - RIP

There is no chance this game will ever run on anything but PC.

Maybe, but that's what people would have said about not long ago about some of the games that are making their way over...

Sony also has a fund to award to indies who come to their platform. And I'm sure they'd invest in this game if ArtCraft make a compelling business case.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe, but that's what people would have said about not long ago about some of the games that are making their way over...

Sony also has a fund to award to indies who come to their platform. And I'm sure they'd invest in this game if ArtCraft make a compelling business case.

I think you're right. When consoles' publishers will see what Crowfall is about, ArtCraft will surely get approached by many of them.

Especially with the type of game they seem to build ; I think it could fit with the most recent Microsoft / Sony platforms.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you're right. When consoles' publishers will see what Crowfall is about, ArtCraft will surely get approached by many of them.

Especially with the type of game they seem to build ; I think it could fit with the most recent Microsoft / Sony platforms.

Glad to hear you feel this way. Hopefully we this happens without the need for a lot of explicit demand. I think there are a number of console gamers who won't know this is awesome until they experience it.

Glad to hear you feel this way. Hopefully we this happens without the need for a lot of explicit demand. I think there are a number of console gamers who won't know this is awesome until they experience it.

Unless they disable voxel farm system completely for consoles, i dont really think its possible. 

Just want to add to those requesting a linux/mac version. Shouldn't be too difficult with the cross-platform tools available. Perhaps add as a stretch goal to the Kickstarter funding. You'd get my money for sure then. I'm sure a few others were halted when read it wasn't coming to mac/linux.

• 1 month later...

I am a bit sceptic about releasing MMO's on a console. While a PS4 is a great console now, it will be outdated in 10 years. This happend to FFXI as well, where they could not further improve the game due to PS2 limitations.