Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has This Been Mentioned Before?

stiviribar

I just wanted to know if anyone disscused if the game will be top-down view of 3rd person?

Because it obviously makes a lot of difference.In fact I just couldnt play the game if it was looking like Albion or something.

I can't find an answer but feel the same way in that Albion didn't quite measure up visually.

Hopefully if it is top-down it comes across more like Diablo 3. But 3rd person 3d would be better.

I can't find an answer but feel the same way in that Albion didn't quite measure up visually.

Hopefully if it is top-down it comes across more like Diablo 3. But 3rd person 3d would be better.

For me its not about the visuals,but the whole idea of top-down view for an MMO sounds like a waste. :(

It'll probably be third person.  It's the most dynamic field of view that offers the most strategic opportunities.  Top-down severly limits your field of vision, as well as your ability to appreciate many of the visuals the game would have to offer.  Just look at the background of these forums.  You don't get a scenic view like that from a top-down perspective. 

It'll probably be third person.  It's the most dynamic field of view that offers the most strategic opportunities.  Top-down severly limits your field of vision, as well as your ability to appreciate many of the visuals the game would have to offer.  Just look at the background of these forums.  You don't get a scenic view like that from a top-down perspective. 

Good point. Top-down looks nice and is nostalgic but would miss out on a lot of the strategy...

I rly hope you are right.I have such hight hopes of this game being the one I would play for a while,but the very notion of top-down view would just kill it for me.

Not first person at least. Third person is more likely for the type of gaming they've described so far, and as said before it's more strategic and less limited in field of vision. :3

Last Call (A community guild for friendly peoples waiting out for CrowFall :P): http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/888-last-call-a-community-for-friendly-people/

There are PRO an CONS for both styles.

IMO Top Down view (isometric) is preferable IF the combat aspect of the game is more centered around skirmish/team kind of game play with a higher emphasis on TACTICS than STRATEGY. The MOBA genre is the first thing that comes to my mind(with the exception of SMITE as far as I can tell). However, WoW Arenas is proof of this as well: in any streams/videos the great majority of players zoom out the camera as far as possible. Certainly the advantage lies on greater awareness of your surroundings, specially what is behind of your character.

With 3rd person view more STRATEGIC game play appears to be favored, specially in the context of sieges and large warfare. I imagine covering large distances with a panoramic view(enemy positioning) is the strong point here, as well as letting terrain play a more relevant role in conflict(take cover and ambushes). It would seem harder to accomplish these benefits from a top down view. Maybe with LoL bushes and fog of war, but again, we are talking about MMOs here.

The emphasis on large scale conflict plus some of the concept art they have released so far leads me to think that traditional 3rd person will be preferred. Leave isometric view for small scale MOBA/Arena/twitch combat. 

Edited by Gaze