Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Meet the Druid - Official discussion thread

Sounds more like having to Aim the heal at your target and use it more wisely. "Fire Hose" healing pretty is sure meant to say its easy and mindless, ie just hit a button and watch health bars fill up with no real down side. These mechanics for the Druid sound like the complete opposite of that.  

Agreed, I doubt that we will see anything close to the healing in traditional MMORPGs like WoW  (the firehose healing level).

giphy.gif

I'm liking this. Warhammer, for all its faults, had a similar ying yang mechanic for its healers, though with buffs instead of risk management, and it was amazingly fun to play. Not thrilled that the wording seems to suggest the support powers will be be paired with the nukes instead of the heals  but otherwise this has me excited for an archetype I was previously not looking really forward to.

And I agree with the poster that said those shoes are ridiculous for a druid. Who would walk through the woods in those?

The druid mechanic is a very interesting and innovative take on the class without being to gimmicky. I can't wait to see how it works out in practice. I was curious if you guys would be able to make all of the classes have their own cool mechanic and so far you haven't disappointed. 

I can't get over ACE's design for helmets. I was already impressed with the wolf helmet for ranger. I just really like your approach to designing helmets and druid is no exception. Thanks for the update ACE!

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

good stuff! love healers and love to do other supportive stuff aswell, i hope for some "light cc" support spells.

like ppl said doesnt look 100% like the concept art ofc^ but with customization gonna be all fine

Edited by nenju

Bbhm5iJ.jpg

The heat resource is a cool mechanic (as seen in Mech Warrior games, SWTOR, etc) and sounds pretty interesting for the Druid.  I just hope it doesn't feel clunky managing a heat resource mechanic, with multiple trays, healing, and damage.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Sounds more like having to Aim the heal at your target and use it more wisely. "Fire Hose" healing pretty sure is meant to say its easy and mindless, ie just hit a button and watch health bars fill up with no real down side. These mechanics for the Druid sound like the complete opposite of that.  

It would be a great place to implement TERA's lock on mechanics for healing, but I have a feeling they're going to make it strictly FPS style aim based in this game.

It would be a great place to implement TERA's lock on mechanics for healing, but I have a feeling they're going to make it strictly FPS style aim based in this game.

hopefully! i dont want tera lock on mechanic :(

truely free shooting spells like confessor stuff with heals!

Bbhm5iJ.jpg

I think that the Combat FAQ #5-6-7 should get updated to specify that there will be archetypes "healing" oriented. When I read this FAQ it seems like healing is almost inexistent in Crowfall and that may be scaring a portion of the MMO players away.

Edited by courant101

hopefully! i dont want tera lock on mechanic :(

truely free shooting spells like confessor stuff with heals!

I liked it because you were still aiming, but a.) you didn't have to worry about them moving around thus missing your heal which is often much worse than missing a damaging ability; and also b.) if they were bunched up with other people, it allowed you to basically "single target heal" three people at the same time (which was a great way to avoid the "too many big AoE heals" problem that a lot of other action combat games have).

But you're right, Confessor style projectiles should work fine here. It would mean people need to aim better and account for movement, but we have testing to make sure that works well.

Edited by Leiloni

Healers with access to damage is where things get tricky.

Not enough damage and it becomes a frustrating mechanic to deal, with and too much and they become dps with access to heals.

Well she's a Support Archetype, so she should have about as much damage output as the Legionnaire

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Very interesting mechanics here and I'm excited to see how it shakes out.  It does make me curious as to just how strong of a healing the Druid can offer: is it considered not a fire hose healer because the healing rate is low or is it because the self-ignite mechanism is supposed to keep them from healing long enough to be considered a fire hose?  In other words, could a team of 2-3 healers keep a tank from going down indefinitely by alternating healing/nuking in a coordinated manner?

Very cool looking!  I'm pumped to play it vicariously on YouTube; Beta can't come soon enough :)

AS I said in my video, shameless plug for my youtube channel!   Healers Rejoice!!! they have a class to play now! This sounds like a great design for a semi healing class that is a little bit different than most games

Edited by YouTubejasonwivart

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA