Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Meet the Druid - Official discussion thread

One thing I'm worried about later in the game is organized Druid rotations: One group heals, the other nukes. When the nukers run out of fuel, they move to the back to heal while the healers go up front and nuke.

I suppose, however, that there's an obvious weakness: suppression, such as what the Champion and Ranger have. You suppress a Druid when they're overflowing and attack from there.

I agree this Archetype will be highly wanted on any team alone they wont be much of a problem, however take 3,4, or even 5 Druids on a team and at least 1 or 2 should always be able to heal. Also the cool down can always be beaten simply by increasing the number of Druids on your team (50+ scary) and if they make the cool down too high no one will want to use them very tricky to balance, this will probably be the most needed Archetype since healers will always be needed and every team will want enough for rotation to get around that nasty cool down and while cooling down they could simply hide behind the Tanks.

Edited by dragonlordxe

Also on a side note for all those waiting for that Myrmidon with me thoughts, comments... 2 power trays 1 strictly for DPS the other strictly for Tanking. The DPS tray needs rage which is only generated while in the Tanking tray and vise versa the Tanking tray is fueled by using the DPS tray? Anyone agree? Disagree? other thoughts?

Edited by dragonlordxe

Finally, glad to hear it! Druid is so far my archetype of choice and I'm glad to hear about the mechanic they use and how it's going to make them a lot more active and skilly to play well. One of my favorite healers was the archmage from WAR, it used a very similar system. I'd be cool if a promotion allowed them to become effective melee healers as well like warrior priests (but let's stay away from the opness of Disciples of Khaine).

Looking forward to hearing more.

Edited by Cerulean Shaman

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

Hmmm.... was really thinking that another tank would be introduced next. So this was a pleasant surprise. The model looks fantastic as always! As time goes on I am so thankful or the vessel system because, damn, it is going to be hard to choose a main.

The self immolating thing, wow. Yes. I dislike druids-- there is a sick part of me that wants to see them all on fire :) Except for the ones on my team of course.

I do dig the headgear however. Fetching.

One nitpick though: the model's face looks weird. It doesn't look like any of the concept art of the druid. Not sure if that is intentional or not, since we'll be able to choose different faces later on for our characters anyway, making the face modeling less important right now-- but I thought I'd say something regardless. 

Edited by emralled

peastravaganza%20dos_zps4q178jpn.png

I'm thinking it will be like wizard 101 death class, deals damage, and get's lifesteal, and some abilities you can heal others by stealing others health. But instead of it being directly to hit points, the mana or whatever the source of her skills will be the person walking out of the two doors, damage, and healing.

Yeah, I kinda suspected a Soraka style healer. I'm kind of disappointed because I wanted to see a more comprehensive support, not a express healer with a limiter...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Love it! But it's going to be a balancing act with the heal & power trays.

edit; and how is ACE going to differ the Druid from the Legionnaire. Aside from that, I really love the "helms" design!  :D

Edited by Xephry

She's looking pretty good so far, I do love horny girls.

Thou I am a little iffy about the propose mechanics, namely the self immolation part.

I don't think it's a good idea to have a self inflicted damage mechanic you have little control over.  I think it can work well in some instances, like the GW1 Necromancer life sacrifice mechanic to spend health instead of energy for some spells, some of which can be used to heal, steal life, support, give energy to allies, etc.

That worked because it was opt in.  It wasn't like this which is a hazard to avoid.

Rather I think here I would like to see a seesaw mechanic, where you are switching back and forth between two different modes.

A nature mode that is support and healing with some offense, mostly in the crowd control department. (ie like roots and slows)

And a fire elemental, ie self immolation mode, which specializes in offensive fire magic.  The self immolation shouldn't cause any damage to you, but rather your skills almost entirely swap out, going from healing and support with likely better defenses, to something of a glass cannon.

Resource wise I would imagine you would have a pair of bars, nature on one side, fire fury on the other, with a neutral point in the center.  

If your nature with a full bar you get a bonus to your healing, and in fire fury you get a bonus to damage.

Doing nothing will drain your resource until you hit equilibrium, casting spells will also drain it, and then fill up the opposite bar.  Once you hit a threshold your forced into the opposite mode at full power.

You should also have the option to swap over manually at whatever power your at, but on a cooldown.

This way it's still more or less achieving the same goal of not being a firehose healer, but also having a tactical element of swapping in and out of the correct mode and timing it to take advantage of your bonus damage/healing.

If you want an example, a bit like Hel from SMITE.  But with a little less control over it.

Edited by yoh

Oh look, it's Tatsumaki from One Punch Man! :D

And now I want to try druid too because its WARchmage mechanics. Stop making all archetypes exciting, dammit! I won't have enough free time to play with everything.

Within the spirit of setting yourself on fire, if that doesn't seem to be balancing things well enough, you could always add and increase to the damage taken when on fire, from other sources other than said fire that is roasting your ass at the time. Would make it easier to burn them down, so to speak if they are stacking heals.

Just a thought.