Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Kind of Druid are the Going for?

As I see it, most games make their druids one of two types: The Animal/Shapeshifter, or the healing tree lady. I knew Shadowbane had the tree lady and WoW for example had the shapeshifter, so which will Crowfall be? A hybrid?

The recent reveal seems to make her sound very akin to Shadowbane, but the male concept did show a spirit bear, so will it have both? Animal abilities, and standard tree attack/healing abilities?

As I see it, most games make their druids one of two types: The Animal/Shapeshifter, or the healing tree lady. I knew Shadowbane had the tree lady and WoW for example had the shapeshifter, so which will Crowfall be? A hybrid?

The recent reveal seems to make her sound very akin to Shadowbane, but the male concept did show a spirit bear, so will it have both? Animal abilities, and standard tree attack/healing abilities?

I mean, the post they made seems to make it somewhat clear what kind of tools she will have initially. Not that it can't change but every piece of info was about her casted abilities and shapeshifting really doesn't seem to fit with the mechanics they were talking about at all.

On the point of SB druids, the Shadowbane druid, in pvp, was an all purpose AoEer. Druids had a ranged Snare/DoT and a Ranged DD spell with a small stun component as well as a hard hitting PBAoE. Druids also had a couple of single target DoTs as well.

While the Druid in SB had a strong single target heal, they were never really considered a healing support as Priests were the premier class in that realm with Crusaders being the secondary healers with their ability to heal through Shadowmantle.

C4sIZDW.gif

I mean, the post they made seems to make it somewhat clear what kind of tools she will have initially. Not that it can't change but every piece of info was about her casted abilities and shapeshifting really doesn't seem to fit with the mechanics they were talking about at all.

Precisely, if I was just going off that, I wouldn't really be confused. But to include a bear spirit animal in the male concept seems odd if stuff like that has nothing to do with the class. Maybe it's like a "recommended" rune like wolf taming with the ranger?

I was hoping to see some specialization in pet combat along with their support actions, but I imagine that their initial design is very simplistic on account of accompanying systems being undeveloped.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I've always thought of Druids as a Forest Shaman, one with mother nature who can influence plants and foliage to do their bidding such as roots, herbal remedies for healing, natural camouflage making them hard to detect in a forest type environment. One who can commune with forest creatures, basically hermits who live in the forest. Any and all magic should be based off nature and they should become more powerful in that environment, less powerful in a city type environment that doesn't have a lot of nature.

So I guess I hope to see some dirty humans that wear moss underwear.

I'm one of those dorks who loves complex taming systems where you can tame hundreds of things.

Don't think we're going to see that here though.

Well if all goes as promised we'll finally get our dream of a meaningful PvP MMO... next step... a true Pokemon-esque (Or just Pokemon itself) MMO! Choo choo! :D

I'm all grown yet fully admit I'd be all in that gravy. >.>

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to see a druid resemble something other than a brightly green marked human who

throws leafs and shrubbery at enemies and friends.

I enjoyed the Druid from Diablo 2 quite a bit.

Edited by Norskye

:mellow: I care not for willful Ignorance in any form! :mellow: 

The current iteration of the druid sounds like a pure caster with no shapeshifting abilities. You have the healing/support action bar and then the nature dps bar.

However, I'd bet money on them having a promotion class that delves into shapeshifting of some kind.

Edited by Slayus

The current iteration of the druid sounds like a pure caster with no shapeshifting abilities. You have the healing/support action bar and then the nature dps bar.

However, I'd bet money on them having a promotion class that delves into shapeshifting of some kind.

Don't forgot discipline rune stones for all too :)

Characters and advancement FAQ:

Werewolf Runestone

“For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack”

Grants limited time Transformation Power - grants Werewolf combat powers while in Werewolf form

Grants advantage: Bloodfeud (bonus damage versus Vampyre)

Grants advantage: Wolfspeed (increases movement speed)

Grants advantage: Heightened Senses (anti-stealth)

Edited by Tinnis

In Diablo 2 I played Werewolf a lot, so I prefer the shape shifting abilities.  However, I've always liked the look of elemental style Druids with their flashy abilities.

Diablo 2 Werewolf Druid was indeed one of my favorite designs in any game I've played. I'm glad to see they will have runestones that can accomplish something similar.

I'm more excited to see how much support she can give her team though. I've always been very fond of the healer role in other MMOs.

I fully support Druid being purely casters. I don't really like the concept of Druids main them being shapeshifting, however I think they could add it as a sub-class to Druid. I was disgruntled when wow switch their Druid theme from masters of nature to masters of the cosmos, so I would like Crowfall's Druid to stick to the nature theme.

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

It is too late for this (that is, either ACE implemented something like this or did not--we will find out soon) but temporary shifting as an effect could be cool.  For example, lets say the Druid has a short ranged charge ability for mobility and dps in a rectangular AEO in front of her.  When she casts, she turns into a charging boar, stag or bear for a second, until the spell ends.  It is a bit of a compromise, and would potentially look very cool.  

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

It is too late for this (that is, either ACE implemented something like this or did not--we will find out soon) but temporary shifting as an effect could be cool.  For example, lets say the Druid has a short ranged charge ability for mobility and dps in a rectangular AEO in front of her.  When she casts, she turns into a charging boar, stag or bear for a second, until the spell ends.  It is a bit of a compromise, and would potentially look very cool.  

Yup - I pictured in my head their C ability as turning into crow form temporary and flying somewhere :)

I'm one of those dorks who loves complex taming systems where you can tame hundreds of things.

Don't think we're going to see that here though.

I think it's in already though not Druid specific

6FAC4728-0A35-4440-99B0-FEDE1836D276.jpg