Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
farland

Emulator

I love re-hashing this a forum where both communities can collide finally.

#1 reason you don't play magicbane: stolen code. Code is stolen right? So everything that's better on Magicbane absolutely must've been taken from sbemu's code. So why does MagicBane run better? When I look at the list of things sbemu still has to fix, there's things that MB has already fixed. If sbemu's code is stolen, then Olga & Artyom must've had a time machine because sbemu's code isn't worth stealing. And let's say it was (hypothetically). Then they're still better programmers as they've fixed more than sbemu has.

#2 The fake russian thing. They're 2 (or 1 imo) people who came out with a fake (or real) cover story about who they were. The reality is, they were probably people disliked in sbemu or live shadowbane servers. They wanted players to focus on the project instead of the man behind the curtain. Stability instead of reputation. And what are you really giving them?

You can create a free email somewhere else and create as many accounts as you want from their email. What are you really giving them that you aren't giving starfish? You're trusting those "developers" with the same content you're sharing with sbemu. No one has to create a real birthday, use their real location, or use their real email.

As far as game changes go: magicbane remains the same as live. Sure, it may be a little stoic. But Wolfpack spent years balancing changes and making each class balanced. And Ashen even said around here that one change in one class could ripple into something OP months later once players discovered a build that made it OP. Should more changes have been made? Sure. But Magicbane's philosophy has always been: fix what's broken. Collision detection remains to be a huge issue. There's other bugs/exploits that still need to be fixed. Why drop a bunch of changes into a game that's still broken? You can go fight 100 v 100 on one of the emulators without much lag. On the other one it's impossible. I won't name drop.

If you want to make some changes, sure. But when you make massive changes in small community in a short period of time -- it doesn't matter what your name is or how many of you are, there's going to be failures on the same scale. People play where they want. But running around dumping rumors on one project from players on the other doesn't allow anyone to make their own choice on where they want to play.

topic beaten to death but headlight hit it square on the head. Personally, I like not knowing "who" is behind the curtain. I'm a troll and I have an issue with online authority. When my poorly made socks breaks in MB I dont really have anyone to harass so I'm kinda forced to be helpful as I can't even dig up old poorly made socks to troll with. Plus, the server simply runs and HAS RAN so much better than SBEmo that as soon as I swapped over I simply couldn't go back. I've popped over to SBEmu a few times for events or bigger fights and it's been nothing short of painful. Stability aside SBEmu just feels unrefined. The tiny details go a long way for me as a player.  

Don't get me started on Starfail and his band of loons coming up with these Reforged in Fail patch ideas.

As far as game changes go: magicbane remains the same as live. 

This actually is not accurate at all. It is an amalgamation of a lot of different eras on live but never at one point on live was there a mixture of some of the things there.

Not saying it is bad or anything but that statement isn't true.

I've played on both. I'm playing neither right now. Both are kind of in a disaster state.

C4sIZDW.gif

Wouldn't say MB is in a disaster state. Currently CN aren't the same as far as numbers go. The politics are in a state between NA/EU vs CN and disintegrating into NvN. It'll probably migrate back.

Regardless, I'm curious why people stick with sbemu. And I'm talking pre-RiF and now. Sure, changes I get it. Not everyone drinks the same type of coffee even though everyone loves coffee, got it. But from what I've seen, there's been a lot of admin abuse there (and deletion of apologies/admission of said abuse), mod abuse, etc. Granted, no one wants negative trolls on board. But they're a part of every community. You can mod them without banishing them from the game entirely. If it was just a toxic (lawl) part of the community, then I could understand. But it is/was a myriad of issues there such as the lag and the leader of the project admitting himself that anything above a 20v20 (paraphrased) just isn't feasible.

Doesn't sound like shadowbane to me.

The difference in the two emulators' philosophies is basically conservativism vs progressivism.  One just wants to get things back to the way they were, and maybe even take a couple steps backwards, while the other wants to change things up because the meta hasn't changed in several years, and that's boring. 

Personally, I liked the progressive ideals of SBEmu better, but the team behind it is so damn incompetent.  I didn't play Magicbane because I was bored of being able to guess what kind of group I was going to run into about a third of the time.  Not to mention I hear the issues with CN are pretty bad over there. And now I'm not playing SBEmu becuase MY GOD they're incometent.  I liked a lot of the balance changes in the new update, but the map changes are god-awful and they still can't even come remotely close to launching within a period they set for themselves.  Not to mention they can't even fix simple stability issues that Magicbane seems to have no issue fixing at all.  Overall, I'm just glad I've got Crowfall to look forward to with all the blunders I've been seeing in the Emulator department. 

If anyone from wiz is reading this and thinking of trying out one of the emulators, go with Magicbane. SBEMU wiped last night and is now a test server and it's buggy as hell and will get wiped again soon. Dragonscale is active on Magicbane and is friendly to new players.

and i'd recommend Hello Kitty so at least you could see what we hate....

since neither is really SB

snark aside,either are fine just to get some idea, but neither scratches the Itch for me...

your mileage may vary

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

still thinking you haven't played magicbane Doc. You just hate russians.

got nothing to do with Russians at all...

i rarely "hate" anyone...just not worth my time

there are some involved on the Admin side that i know have issue with me, so it makes it not worth it to me personally

as i said...i think both are mockeries of what was...but far be it from me to tell anyone not to try either one...

hope that helps

FIQw0eP.png

He knows the admins johnny, its a conspiracy!

cant go on that server bro theyll hack me hard as heck, JUST CANT TAKE THAT RISK ILL GET HACKED I KNOW WHO THEY ARE

He knows the admins johnny, its a conspiracy!

cant go on that server bro theyll hack me hard as heck, JUST CANT TAKE THAT RISK ILL GET HACKED I KNOW WHO THEY ARE

lol...do note...i said not worth it...

but no worries, i know no matter what i type it'll get twisted...it's all good

yet none of you have given me any reason to log into MB at all....especially considering i'd have to do it anonymously...no guild, no friends/allies etc...

yeah....that would make for a good time in SB...sure...

but, hey whatever...have fun...do note i have not told anyone not to try it...just that i won't

be happy that i make such distinctions, eh?

oh, who am i kidding...i could hand some folks a winning powerball ticket encased in solid gold and some would just kvetch that "the gold is too heavy"...

FIQw0eP.png

and i'd recommend Hello Kitty so at least you could see what we hate....

since neither is really SB

snark aside,either are fine just to get some idea, but neither scratches the Itch for me...

your mileage may vary

What is wrong with Hello Kitty?

doc needs some medicine for that hurt butt, QFT junior squad just can't cut it.

lol...how adorable....

trying to troll meh?

and after that weekend with Blas and the jackhammer, my butt is impervious to this hurt you speak of....silly

go and enjoy...i'll still pass....

FIQw0eP.png