Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
farland

Emulator

sure...after you orally gratify a rhino....

wtf....why do you kids even care?

I'm flattered by all the attention and everything. ..but it's getting embarrassing

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I have never liked emulators, they are run by players and no matter how hard they try or say they try, there is always some form of favoritism. Give me a game run by some company who know has no guild / clan affiliation and will no play favorites.

Cause they know if they do and are found out, the players will leave and that is a lose of revenue to them. A emulator loses nothing if you do not play it.

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

You do realize that QFT housed a handful of Wolfpack/SBG guys right?  They tried to hide it as best they could but when their forums leaked it was all out for the community to see.  Just because you belong to a company doesn't mean you don't play the game and you don't show favoritism.  It still existed (and was OUSTED by the community) throughout the live servers.

You do realize that QFT housed a handful of Wolfpack/SBG guys right?  They tried to hide it as best they could but when their forums leaked it was all out for the community to see.  Just because you belong to a company doesn't mean you don't play the game and you don't show favoritism.  It still existed (and was OUSTED by the community) throughout the live servers.

Glad to see this is still being exagerated.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

I remember these days. Thing is a company has more to lose by doing this asshattery than a EMU does. What i am getting at, is i will trust a company doing a game over a player run EMU 99% of the time.

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

I have never liked emulators, they are run by players and no matter how hard they try or say they try, there is always some form of favoritism. Give me a game run by some company who know has no guild / clan affiliation and will no play favorites.

Cause they know if they do and are found out, the players will leave and that is a lose of revenue to them. A emulator loses nothing if you do not play it.

Which guild had admin intervention on MagicBane again? WM? They've lost cities. China? They have the numbers so they don't the help.

Just wondering how you think the devs over there interfere.

For my first character in Magicbane, I picked a human Fighter (to become an Archer).

Should I try to max CON, DEX or STR? 

What class? Archer is a discipline not a class so you can't become an Archer

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

For my first character in Magicbane, I picked a human Fighter (to become an Archer).

Should I try to max CON, DEX or STR? 

Fighters can promote into several professions. I am not even sure what guilds are active on MB atm to suggest reaching out to one for direct help.

C4sIZDW.gif

Thanks for the answers. To inflict damage with a bow (fighter), I'm better to go with STR or DEX?

edit : Ok I've just found this

• Dexterity - Increases defense. Primary stat affecting damage, attack rating and skill for dexterity based weapons (bow, dagger, staff and dexterity based swords- brailla's blade, blademaster and bladeweaver swords)
Edited by courant101

While I do recommend Magicbane to almost anyone, Sbemu does have a test server up where you can get gear, levels and everything in about an hour. I'd highly recommend you play there to get familiarized with the game while this test is going on. It's a quick start. shadowbaneemulator.com

if not, I'd recommend you do a /who and find anyone with Dragonscale in their guild name on Magicbane and send them a /tell.

/tell SomeName hello.

And bow damage is dex based. If archer's your cup of tea, i suggest you go:

rogue huntress (female only)

rogue ranger (male only?)

fighter ranger

rogue scout (any gender)

No matter what you're going, for bow Dex is your primary stat, con is your 2nd and your int will be around ~60-70 depending on what your focus is. You can also find several templates on either site:

http://magicbane.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

Edited by headlight

While I do recommend Magicbane to almost anyone, Sbemu does have a test server up where you can get gear, levels and everything in about an hour. I'd highly recommend you play there to get familiarized with the game while this test is going on. It's a quick start. shadowbaneemulator.com

if not, I'd recommend you do a /who and find anyone with Dragonscale in their guild name on Magicbane and send them a /tell.

/tell SomeName hello.

And bow damage is dex based. If archer's your cup of tea, i suggest you go:

rogue huntress (female only)

rogue ranger (male only?)

fighter ranger

rogue scout (any gender)

No matter what you're going, for bow Dex is your primary stat, con is your 2nd and your int will be around ~60-70 depending on what your focus is. You can also find several templates on either site:

http://magicbane.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

Wow thanks for all the infos. I'll give Sbemu a try very soon!  :)

Glad to see this is still being exagerated.

Exaggerated? It's a fact.  QFT actively had members who were part of Ubi/SBG.  Hell, most of those members were even hidden from the general QFT populace and only known to the IC.  The proof is in the pudding my friend.  All of those little "heads up" PM's to Solar and BSR about duping Solar's Axe and duping the FC Dragonplate for all of the QFT dwarves telling them to have everyone delete them while it was being investigated was hilarious to see.  It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Then QFT picked up a bunch of OPP rejects to bolster the ranks. And well...we all know what happened after that.  Soon after it was quittin' time for QFT. 

to be fair...the "quitting" was AFTER Mourning...AFTER ReBoot...

we did Malog quite well until the 50k ping bane....you might remember that...

and then did ok on Thurin, until a bunch of us got into the Warhammer and then Darkfall betas

just trying to be clear here....carry on

FIQw0eP.png

No one was discussing Malog. Theres nothing to discuss about that server. We were all in the same painful boat there.  Everyone grab a siege bow and spam attack that stone.  We won? Oh we lost?  Slideshow.

No one was discussing Malog. Theres nothing to discuss about that server. We were all in the same painful boat there.  Everyone grab a siege bow and spam attack that stone.  We won? Oh we lost?  Slideshow.

i agree, those that lived through that Bane were the hardest of hardcore, imo...

my point was not the end of Malog, but the beginning...

we had first, third and fifth Cities up...including Ricardi's....

and held the Xpac mines until our spec gear was done and we give them over to other NA guilds

all on a "clean" server after ReBoot...not CN

it was a good server, until the DNS Bane...then we shifted to Thurin, which had better Competition, it turned out...

FIQw0eP.png

they never change the litterbox often enough...

Is that even a sentence?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png