Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
farland

Emulator

Don't wanna get another zero point warning. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Hard to add up them warnings lol.

Saying you dominated at a server up is hardly dominating. Here's how to win at a server up:

1. Get the first 2 prospectors on the map. Considering drop respawn times, that's a decent enough head start. If you can, screw over the next 2 drops as well.

2. Farm your brains out to make sure you get at least 3 cities.

3. Claim obsididian mine, bloodstone mine, and an ore mine. With these 3 mines plus farming = spec gear done in a day.

4. Play rogues because of the r7 scout trainer in khar. Make sure they use GM def debuff powers, because no one's going to have the ATR to hit you. Especially if you vorg hunt all day.

5. Quit before anyone gets an r7 sage and claim you quit due to the lack of competition.

i hope no one is thinking i am claiming any kind of "domination"

just being clear here...i was merely making a point about server ups and a clean start, yeah it's a bit of QFT chest thumping, but the whole Knights of Honor thing deserved it, imo...

no claims about Thurin at all except there were some good Fights there, and yep...we left...

that's all....

and we did it a bit differently Headlight...went spear warriors, trained at Huntress NPC to get to 100 and use SDR spears until we had resource rolled...and we didn't leave Malog until after the DNS Bane vs CN proved there was no way to get a real fight out of them, as soon as they started losing, pings went nuts...

but i'm not saying anything you don't know here....was just trying to be clear...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

i hope no one is thinking i am claiming any kind of "domination"

just being clear here...i was merely making a point about server ups and a clean start, yeah it's a bit of QFT chest thumping, but the whole Knights of Honor thing deserved it, imo...

no claims about Thurin at all except there were some good Fights there, and yep...we left...

that's all....

and we did it a bit differently Headlight...went spear warriors, trained at Huntress NPC to get to 100 and use SDR spears until we had resource rolled...and we didn't leave Malog until after the DNS Bane vs CN proved there was no way to get a real fight out of them, as soon as they started losing, pings went nuts...

but i'm not saying anything you don't know here....was just trying to be clear...

Don't let his over use of ellipsis fool you, he clearly means to say he dominated and you have been trapped.  I do believe he also implies that you should "Get Good" and then if the translating software I am using is correct that you are a scrubby scrub scrub from a scrub nation of derelict scrubness.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Wow thanks for all the infos. I'll give Sbemu a try very soon!  :)

If you roll this on magic bane I can help you get most of what i list below. I always play different toon but if you msg someone in Armaggedon and ask for Newfie, Weapon, Indianburn well throw you some tags.This toon finishes with 7200HP, regens like a mofo, and cuts enemy dmg really good. I can face up most mages, and anything with mid/low P resist.  This is my Xbow warrior spec. Its a con/regen/res spec.The resistance is very good too. Gear: elven plate Heavy armor 12/12 con jewlry 12/12 con hood5/5 s/p Breast plate, arms, legs.5 slash + 10dex on the gloves, and 5 slash + 15% movment speed on the bootsP of R 110% infernal Xbow. -------The Basics--------- Race:            Elf Class:       Fighter Profession:  Warrior------Applied Runes-------Remove 5pts from all stats Scion of the Gwaridorn Warlord's Page Healthy as an Ox Tough as Nails Constitution of the Gods Exceptional Dexterity Archer Bounty Hunter Commander Gladiator----------Stats----------- Strength:       35/70 Dexterity:     145/145 Constitution:  140/140 Intelligence:   60/120 Spirit:         30/95----------Skills---------- Wear Armor, Heavy       117%  (90 trains) Toughness               126%  (90 trains) Athletics               126%  (90 trains) Crossbow                127%  (90 trains) Archery                 127%  (90 trains)----------Powers---------- Hold Fast                        40 (Grand Master) Indomitable Will                 15        (Adept) Thread the Needle                20   (Journeyman) Resist Pain                      20   (Journeyman) Cry Havoc                         1    (Untrained) Trip                              1    (Untrained) Detect Hidden                     1    (Untrained) Take No Prisoners                20   (Journeyman) Call of the Crowd                20   (Journeyman)
Edited by Indianburn

If you roll this on magic bane I can help you get most of what i list below. I always play different toon but if you msg someone in Armaggedon and ask for Newfie, Weapon, Indianburn well throw you some tags.This toon finishes with 7200HP, regens like a mofo, and cuts enemy dmg really good. I can face up most mages, and anything with mid/low P resist.  This is my Xbow warrior spec. Its a con/regen/res spec.The resistance is very good too. Gear: elven plate Heavy armor 12/12 con jewlry 12/12 con hood5/5 s/p Breast plate, arms, legs.5 slash + 10dex on the gloves, and 5 slash + 15% movment speed on the bootsP of R 110% infernal Xbow.

I really appreciate all the information you took the time to put here!

I created my toon completly differently (someone Ingame told me I screwed it up lol) but your way looks way better.

Not sure I will be playing a lot more of SB emulator though : it's hard for me to get immersed in a 12 years old game.

Edited by courant101

You really gotta look past the graphics. But that's the worst part about trying to get new people to play SB. They feel like they're on an Atari or something. But we never gave a crap about the graphics, just the game play. And I've always thought noob land was absolute crap. But what can ya do.

In my case, it's not really about the graphics but more about all the buttons and bars and options to manage, the difficulty I have to just move the camera and walk at the same time.

Shadowbane still looks interesting even if it's 10 years old : I have watched videos of the PVP and it looked amazing.

I feel too lazy right now to start a new game and learn all the controls, the maps, the builds, the classes...  :P

I really appreciate all the information you took the time to put here!

I created my toon completly differently (someone Ingame told me I screwed it up lol) but your way looks way better.

Not sure I will be playing a lot more of SB emulator though : it's hard for me to get immersed in a 12 years old game.

I just copy/paste from my notEpads. I use http://pyetrek.redlem.com to put them together. I always build my toons with an end game vision. Xbow warriors crush in banes and clear squishes over a single set of walls. Edited by Indianburn

you right click and move the camera with the edge of the screen (full screen mode). can't get much easier than that.

The default UI is terribad and the initial super box of buttons is intimidating. I get it. Realistically you only really care about the powers window (like 4 powers at the most), combat © and sit (z). pretty much it in the beginning. Not bashing, I understand. Tough game to recruit new players in.

In my case, it's not really about the graphics but more about all the buttons and bars and options to manage, the difficulty I have to just move the camera and walk at the same time.

Shadowbane still looks interesting even if it's 10 years old : I have watched videos of the PVP and it looked amazing.

I feel too lazy right now to start a new game and learn all the controls, the maps, the builds, the classes...  :P

Here's a decent collection of videos the Magicbane people compiled, I know there's a bunch more out there on youtube but this should keep you entertained for a few hours.  Some are good, others are bad.

http://media.magicbane.com/

Here's a decent collection of videos the Magicbane people compiled, I know there's a bunch more out there on youtube but this should keep you entertained for a few hours.  Some are good, others are bad.

http://media.magicbane.com/

There are so many people in the first video, it's crazy! This part of the game (PvP in group) is what I really prefer in MMO games. Thanks for the link!

Edited by courant101

There are so many people in the first video, it's crazy! This part of the game (PvP in group) is what I really prefer in MMO games. Thanks for the link!

Welcome to the world of SB. Some players play two or more characters at once so you may see some duplicates. Early on in SB, it wasn't uncommon to have 200+ people on each side. Unfortunately the early instability of the game made this rough to play in.

Later on, they improved the stability and large banes still existed and were a lot of fun. Most the emulator banes are now smaller in scale player wise but involve more people double/triple/quad boxing characters so there can actually be a ton of characters on the field.

Certain groups still can field pretty large numbers(Mostly Asian guilds) due to their willingness to work together.

C4sIZDW.gif

courant, if you take the time to set up one layout the way you like, then you can load that layout on every new toon you make settings->windows->load layout then pick the one that has the right server & character name.  

Er, what's "edging"?

Welcome to the world of SB. Some players play two or more characters at once so you may see some duplicates. Early on in SB, it wasn't uncommon to have 200+ people on each side. Unfortunately the early instability of the game made this rough to play in.

Later on, they improved the stability and large banes still existed and were a lot of fun. Most the emulator banes are now smaller in scale player wise but involve more people double/triple/quad boxing characters so there can actually be a ton of characters on the field.

Certain groups still can field pretty large numbers(Mostly Asian guilds) due to their willingness to work together.

How do they control more than 1 character? They just "follow" or they use macros?

courant, if you take the time to set up one layout the way you like, then you can load that layout on every new toon you make settings->windows->load layout then pick the one that has the right server & character name.  

That's a good tips, so I wouldn't need to do it everytime I switch... Not sure that I will continue to play to this game, but if I do, I will know how to save time.  :P

How do they control more than 1 character? They just "follow" or they use macros?

Depends. Personally I am flipping back and forth between screens very quickly. Some use multiple screens(I have a second but I use it for monitoring things). Some also use basic macros for some control(Bards use it for twisting their chants) or sometimes have healers macro'd(which isn't a very good healer).

It just depends. There were issues with keycloning back in the day but it is mostly in check these days.

C4sIZDW.gif

Typically, if they aren't macroing, they'll double box some thing like 2 minotaur warriors. Combat is auto follow unless they're rooted or something. People will also dual box some kind of character that compliments another like a wizard/scout, assassin/scout, huntress/scout, templar/scout, etc. The scout shouldn't die too easily by the time other character finishes killing. Windowed mode and alt+tab plus a few macro'd things like the track button.