Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Scenes from Siege Perilous - Official discussion thread

That's awesome, more bugs to be squashed down.

Looking forward to what future hold for us.

Cheers :D

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

The damage the banewood tree deals isn’t enough to stop a team of players, but it should prevent one or two players from taking down a tree alone.

Yet, I still managed to take down one on my own with a Ranger. I did it in two parts, I healed in between at a near campfire. It took me 5 min or so and no one bothered to prevent me from taking it down. It was boring as hell, because I was just standing there shooting arrows. I expect this to be different once more players will be in SP.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Yet, I still managed to take down one on my own with a Ranger. I did it in two parts, I healed in between at a near campfire. It took me 5 min or so and no one bothered to prevent me from taking it down. It was boring as hell, because I was just standing there shooting arrows. I expect this to be different once more players will be in SP.

Yeah, 5 on 5 matches don't really lend themselves to both attacking and defending. I expect there will be more people tonight.

Just from the one stream I watched it seamed odd that players could shove big chunks of wall around during after they fell the the ground. It seems like maybe a vehicle should be able to move them, but it gave the impression that the wall parts were made out of styrofoam (needs more friction!). Just if people are able to jump to get over a majority of the prices it would be a fun obstacle to play around I think. Looks great though!

Edited by Blender

Just from the one stream I watched it seamed odd that players could shove big chunks of wall around during after they fell the the ground. It seems like maybe a vehicle should be able to move them, but it gave the impression that the wall parts were made out of styrofoam (needs more friction!). Just if people are able to jump to get over a majority of the prices it would be a fun obstacle to play around I think. Looks great though!

I didn't feel like I could push the rubble on my Fessor. I think a good place would be - yes - more physics on the blocks, but allow Legos knock-back, Fessor tornadoes, etc. to move the blocks and allow the catapults to move it as well.

I agree a character shouldn't be able to push a several thousand pound rock around like a cardboard box.

I didn't feel like I could push the rubble on my Fessor. I think a good place would be - yes - more physics on the blocks, but allow Legos knock-back, Fessor tornadoes, etc. to move the blocks and allow the catapults to move it as well.

I agree a character shouldn't be able to push a several thousand pound rock around like a cardboard box.

But what if its a champion after going super big 5/5 style!

MOkvLlm.png

Definitely need larger teams. 

I like the potential for this testing mode though.

You are 100% correct. 

Testing, testing, testing...Only way we can get this game to where everyone wants it.

That's why I love our community. Like us, you all want this to succeed. There is true passion in this community that I've never seen before. Makes coming to work every day that much cooler and more rewarding.

Just wait until we polish this destruction...Going to be epic!! 

Jon O'Neal, Lead Environment Artist, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

DESTRUCTION!!!  Glad to see this in testing as this was a big sell for me during Kickstarter.  Keep that content coming Alphas; we Betas are hurtn to join you right now...

Can't wait to see how the dust settles here!

Edited by starrshipcs

Circling back around to a previous issue we mentioned – providing combatants with information about the flow of the match – we noticed this was a general issue, not a problem specific to the protection of the banewood trees. Players on both sides had little idea what was happening from an overall battle perspective. To remedy this, we added scouts.

Fixed.  :)

CF_Van.png

To see all these blocks falling is really impressive. When I read the message some weeks ago about the blocks being quite big and fracturing along the joint (or something like that), I was expecting the walls to explode in only a few very big panels. It's a lot better than I imagined, especially compared to what we saw in the demo a year ago. It looks really clean and polished. Also the environment looks magical; the mix of lighting, trees' effects and the sky, really awesome.

Edited by courant101

5v5? Ouch that's like a Monty Python siege. I know as the tech matures the numbers will rise. What's the target number? 100v100? 250v250? 500v500?

Hey, it was actually 6v6!  ;)

All jokes aside, we need more people testing to see some real sieges going, but this 3rd test (for me) yesterday showed me that some major bugs need to get fixed first before they let the masses in. I think Tyrant said up to 200 Alpha 1's are now invited.

The timing of the test was horrible (because of a potential investor that want to see a test during working hours), so I assume the majority of the EU community was either working or still at school/college. This doesn't help the number of testers either. I was lucky to be able to switch some hours at work and help test.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

5v5? Ouch that's like a Monty Python siege. I know as the tech matures the numbers will rise. What's the target number? 100v100? 250v250? 500v500?

Pretty sure we had a 20v20 last night, and it was glorious.  I think GW said their target was for 100v100 by the end of SP.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Pretty sure we had a 20v20 last night, and it was glorious.  I think GW said their target was for 100v100 by the end of SP.

Not if you were on the receiving end of the Legionnaire stampede.  :(

rSHxVEY.gif