Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IdeaMatrix

Crafting synergies

In older games such as Ultima Online, some items in the game required a specific amount of knowledge in 2 or more crafting professions. I would like to see something like this in Crowfall, either in the form of hybrid items (an example would be needing tinkering and carpentry to make a lockable box) or in the form of general skill bonuses and new recipes for accruing multiple professions.

Now, I realize that the main argument against this would be that it would create a gap between new players and veterans but, it's no different than a combat player having time to specialize in an advanced archetype or to collect better vessels and gear over time.

Doing this would allow players to achieve more vertical progression for a steep premium in time trained. Maybe you could become a master leatherworker and blacksmith and make ornate saddles for mounts or combine bowcraft, carpentry and blacksmithing to gain upgrades for siege weaponry.

It will give players a reason to spend more time training crafting professions instead of training 1 thing and then being stuck crafting the same thing for months because it's the only profitable thing they can make.

As development of the crafting system has not yet started really I am assuming your wish will come true. Knowing that where the developers have their ideas and how they want to build the economic system of the game I think your wishes will come true. It will require time, effort, thinking and multiple players or characters to become a great crafter. As the game move´s forward I think this will become clearer and clearer. But when the time comes make sure you test every part of the crafting system on report to them because thats what they need and want

Arro

Arrogance diminishes wisdom

It would be interesting if there were some synergy between the skills necessary to use an item and the skills to make an item.

For example, all other things being equal, the better that I am at using a sword, the better I am at crafting a sword.

Don't get me wrong...  The crafting side of the equation should dominate.  However, I do think that some synergies would make the game more interesting.

(From my perspective, this type of synergy would encourage specialization, specialization encourages trade, and trade encourages a healthy economy)

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

It would be interesting if there were some synergy between the skills necessary to use an item and the skills to make an item.

For example, all other things being equal, the better that I am at using a sword, the better I am at crafting a sword.

Don't get me wrong...  The crafting side of the equation should dominate.  However, I do think that some synergies would make the game more interesting.

(From my perspective, this type of synergy would encourage specialization, specialization encourages trade, and trade encourages a healthy economy)

I don't think this system would work because the archetypes aren't static. So in order to craft a sword, you might need to swap archetypes. Also, this would prevent people from being able to play the archetype and the profession that they like to play.

"The player shouldn't be their own Island" Tandem crafting instead of solo crafting could be a type of synergy, it also fosters team work which i believe is the developers sole purpose for the game.