Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im a whale....Really looking more & more at this game.

MsTrish

Seriously im a whale on "ArcheAge" ( I have several Accounts) (All Paid Patron) (3 months remaining.)

What is everyone's opinion so far on this game, I am honestly really considering starting my own kingdom or two in (Crow Fall.) But you know its a hard choice to make every single time I go back in AA and look at how much land I have acquired how much time and investment has been put into the game seriously.

What I do not like about AA anymore, Question is if Crow Fall is for me.

1.) Forced event timers, players have Real Life jobs you know and people are forced to go to events at a certain time

2.) The Lag un-optimized Game-Play of AA events lag, players are invisible a lot of the times, I am running a bit of a dated system, but not other game does this yet.

3.) The Labor System, is just flat out annoying which is part of the reason I have several accounts.

4.) Having to login to craft tax certificates & Open my mail box constantly should have an auto pay system.

Over-All what is peoples opinions on Crow Fall so far?

1.) One of the biggest things I look at in a game is the crafting system, and having enough Land, or property to do what I want, how large is a actual Large Castle?

2.) I assume there are no labor restrictions at all in this game so far.

3.) Decent looking character models, skins & Costumes no pay 2 win or pay 2 enjoy.

Over-All what are peoples opinions on crow-fall right now, I understand its Alpha, but what would you do, do you think if I cancel my subscriptions and put the $500 I spend every 6 months into this game if its a good investment like looking for honest opinions on if I will enjoy this game based off my description of what I am looking for as once I get rid of all my property's on the other game there is no going back, but honestly if you ask me right now if I enjoy AA, I don't really it used to be fun not anymore but then I haven't actually played a MMO that has been any good lately even BD, and B&S failed imo.

Edited by renoaku

Hi Renoaku,

Realistically we can't answer many of these questions, since the game is so early in development.  The only thing we've seen so far is the pre-alpha combat test, and it does not contain any of elements you say are most important to you.  All we can really look at is the ideas behind the game, the previous works of the developers involved, and the vision they have for what the game will be in the future.  

I would suggest you browse the media section of the Crowfall site and watch through the videos they have there.  Not only are they informative, but entertaining, too.  They have a *lot* of videos.  Read the Frequently Asked Questions sections, as they go into a lot of depth of what to expect for the game systems that aren't even built yet.  Be sure to look through these forums, as well.  Odds are, any question you may have has already been asked in some form.  Artcraft (the developer) has made it one of their priorities to be as open and communicative as they can with everything regarding the game.

Regarding your questions:

1.) One of the biggest things I look at in a game is the crafting system, and having enough Land, or property to do what I want, how large is a actual Large Castle?

2.) I assume there are no labor restrictions at all in this game so far.

3.) Decent looking character models, skins & Costumes no pay 2 win or pay 2 enjoy.

1) The crafting system and economy is based around a 100% player-made model.  Everything from the weapons to the castles will be created by us.  The raw materials must be harvested, transported, and traded by players.  One of their consultants on crafting is Raph Koster, who built the best crafting I've ever seen (maybe ever will see) for Star Wars Galaxies.  Here's a crafting article that cover what we know at the moment pretty well:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1214/feature/9325/Crowfall-Building-Upon-Star-Wars-Galaxies-Crafting.html

Here's a list on the Crowfall forums that our resident crafting guru, IdeaMatrix, has compiled from the current Crowfall pre-alpha build.  It should give you an idea of what to expect crafting-wise as we get ever closer to launch:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/10863-crafting-skills-list/

For land ownership, everyone has their own kingdom at the start of the game.  These are pretty small until you're able to afford to build something substantial.  Generally speaking, the size of your kingdom grows as you invite more players to live there as vassals.  They haven't stated how much space a single person kingdom will be, but we can assume it will be at least large enough to hold anything you could buy from the pledge store, like your Large Castle.  For size comparison, the building that you may have seen in the Hunger Dome play tests is the "Large Keep" from the pledge store. The Large Castle is even bigger than that. Pull up any of the many videos out there of Hunger Dome tests if you want to see the scale in-game.

2) I'm not sure what you mean by labor restrictions, but I'm going to assume you're talking about caps of some kind.  There are no caps in Crowfall; the only limiting factor is time.  All skills, including crafting skills, are learned passively as time goes by.  You could theoretically learn all the crafting skills, but it would literally take years to do so.  There is no means by which to speed up that process. 

3) Artcraft has stated from the very beginning that they want to avoid any pay2win scenarios with their Crowfall store.  This means different things to different people, but the items that they currently have up there are probably representative of what we'll see going forward.  You'll probably see more offerings for different appearance skins and different buildings, but you probably won't see things like rare weapons or anything that would give you a power advantage over other players.  I've never played ArcheAge, but I've heard that pay2win is very big problem over there.

Be sure to check out the videos and faq's on the Crowfall site for more info.  There's a ton of info there, and it would be difficult to condense it for you in any meaningful way, especially given the decision you're trying to make.  

Also keep in mind that, at its heart, Crowfall is a pvp war game.  Most of the games systems and features, including crafting, revolve around the player-versus-player campaigns.  Sometimes the new folks misunderstand exactly what they're getting into before pledging actual money.  If you still have questions after all this, ask away!

Cool, Thanks so what exactly is the vessel's thing?

http://crowfall.com/en/news/the-big-reveal-crows-and-vessels/ 

Does this mean like a player starts a campaign with a certain a vessel similiar to a POD on EVE Online when a person trains certain skills and then that vessel can be destroyed forever?

Is the game full loot something I actually haven't looked at yet but yes I am aware its a pvp game.

Cool, Thanks so what exactly is the vessel's thing?

http://crowfall.com/en/news/the-big-reveal-crows-and-vessels/ 

Does this mean like a player starts a campaign with a certain a vessel similiar to a POD on EVE Online when a person trains certain skills and then that vessel can be destroyed forever?

Is the game full loot something I actually haven't looked at yet but yes I am aware its a pvp game.

So far we haven't been told that one of the campaigns would feature full loot (equiped gears and inventory) at launch. It could happen in a few campaigns, but  there are also campaigns with softer looting rules that do not allow players to steal everything from other players. Most likely that there will be campaigns where getting looted is not really a problem, either because the chance of dropping equipment is low or because the resources to craft new items are abundant. Anyway if a player really dislikes PvP and to get killed by other players, he can either play in the Eternal Kingdom (plenty of things to do: trading, crafting, managing parcels, building structures, decorating, taming animals, killing monsters, etc.) or play in a God's Reach campaign where it's Realm vs. Realm, so it means that it's a lot safer for those who prefer to socialize, set up market places, explore, find Thralls (NPC) and capture them, etc.

The vessels is similar in some ways to what we see in EvE. However the rules surrounding the vessel system change from campaign to campaign. In some campaigns, getting killed isn't problematic, you respawn with the same vessel and you can keep the same character forever. In other campaigns, the rules are harsher, you have a chance to lose your vessel on death and it's a bit more complicated to find another. However, there's always the option to stack up a number of vessels before joining certain campaigns, so you can return to the fight faster.

As for the size of the Large Castle, here's a concept art:

castle-large-concept.jpg

The Large Castle model, the Clock Tower is encircled for size reference (see the last image):

peKb0Xn.png

The clock tower in this video should help you to estimate the size of the Large Castle parcel:

0zkYCxM.png

Edited by courant101

I'd say given the fact you don't seem to mind spending some money, get a pledge that gives you access to the game indefinatly, that way you can easily get a feel if it suits you or not, as long as you don't unpack the pledge, you can always upgrade it later if you think it evolves in a way you enjoy. But you'll have to wait a while to get your answers.

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

Seriously im a whale on "ArcheAge" ( I have several Accounts) (All Paid Patron) (3 months remaining.)

Not sure if you are really a whale...   I was recruitment officer for The White Order in AA.  Our leader, Sorcerer, is a well known actual whale from Lineage II and AA and basically dropped $15,000 to $35,000 on the game in the first 6 months, flew all the officers from around the globe to Vegas and gave out 100 Siege Gliders and so much more to Guild Members (100s of gift boxes)...   That is a whale, a multimillionaire that spends freely on the guild and on faithful guildies.  Hail! Sorc the Hated, probably the most hated player in AA but fun as heck to hang out with.

Then again...  be what you want to be and, yes, CF will be the most competitive PvP sandbox released to date.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

ArcheAge really was very important, to show the gaming industry, that not every MMO needs to clone WoW, and can be totally different, with refreshing and interesting new ideas.

I liked the ideas a lot, it was really something else than all the other generic MMOs.

I cant wait for Crowfall to build up on that and become something really worth playing.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped caring within the first sentence. Real whales don't need to broadcast that they are whales, they simply buy what they want when they want. Now if you had just come in and said, currently I play AA, these are my dislikes, these are my likes, is CF for me? I have a lot invested in AA so I don't want to leave until I'm sure, would have been more then sufficient.