Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Highlighting An Under-Praised Sb Staple

peekachew

I think its worth mentioning that what Shadowbane did do right compared to many other mmo's I have played was by giving players the option of allowing us to have a totally customizable user interface. I think deserves far more attention and praise than its ever received but I always thought the ability to drag and drop powers that I could click on from any where and at any time control click anything and assign it to a hot key was very intuitive and I would like to see this same philosophy applied into the Crowfall User interface. 

Tql47Xd.png

i completely loved being able to pull my buttons from the Powers window and place them wherever i wanted

being able to size and set transparency for EVERY UI window was sweet....

yeah...the interface is still the best i've seen for pure flexibility, while not being the prettiest to look at

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

One of the things on my list for what needs to be preserved from Shadowbane. I agree that it needs its own thread! It's probably the best UI I've had the experience of using in any MMORPG I've played. Loved it!! Oh and being able to make skins for it too, don't forget about that.

allow me to add another...

Camera control...

for the love of Moloch, please let us have at least this kind of control over our View...

for those who don't know...SB woudl let you scroll in all the way to first person view, and out far enough to see around you to view the battlefield...you could spin the camera around 360" and tilt from ground level to directly above your toon

none have done it better, imo....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

allow me to add another...

Camera control...

for the love of Moloch, please let us have at least this kind of control over our View...

for those who don't know...SB woudl let you scroll in all the way to first person view, and out far enough to see around you to view the battlefield...you could spin the camera around 360" and tilt from ground level to directly above your toon

none have done it better, imo....

Along with the ability to set 3 presets you could quickly switch between

The main UI on Shadowbane was SB.Exe

I'd post an example, but I no longer have any of my old screen shots.

Shadowbane - Aflac 
Advocates of Evil - RIP