Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Questions for the new folks

Pann

First of all, I'd like to thank you for joining the community and bid you welcome. If you have a little time, I'd love to know the following: 

1. How did you hear about Crowfall?

2. Which parts of the site have you found to be most useful?

3. What part of the site would you change? How would you change it? 

Thanks! 

1. Heard about crowfall on youtube video for top up and coming MMo's.

2. For me the FAQ was the most useful to get a better idea of things related to the game.

3. I don't really think I would change anything. But I bet you will hear alot of comments from others.

I'm not new (very early backer), but I would like to see a page with complete, up to date, descriptions of all the powers of all the archetypes.  And all the skill trees (with the understanding that it's early and these are all subject to change, yadda, yadda).   And I'd like to see an explanation of gear (sample weapon, sample armor) showing dmg type, mitigation vs dmg types, encumbrance (movement penalty), quality.  And a listing of what the modifiers mean:  Stalwart,  Monarch's, Tribal, Firestarter, etc.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for joining the community and bid you welcome. If you have a little time, I'd love to know the following: 

Thanks! 

1. I live in Austin and have followed the industry pretty closely for 20 years.

2. I love getting new info so, the forums.

3. I want more info!! Update the archetype and skills as they become available. It will save you time on creating a calculator later.

1 Archeage forums

2. Site is very good, and the FAQs is the most helpful thing.

3 Adding more answers or FAQs about how many archetype are you planning at launch, ETA for launch even if it is rough time frame like 2017. What different types of campaigns rule sets are you planning on if you have a better idea now verse when you wrote that one up. Pretty much just keeping the FAQ fresh and up to date. 

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

Thanks for the responses so far. We know the FAQ section is important, and we're working on the third iteration of it now. The first two weren't very user friendly for either the site visitors or the page editors. I've got my fingers crossed that the third time will be a charm. 

I think etels 3) is pretty spot on, if you'd like to attract a couple more backers I think the way things are explained now make things tricky, specially for people who's english isn't all that great so it might be language barriers things.

If you iterate the faq, start it with a first "practical" faq : eg :

"OK so you backed Crowfall what now?"

1) wait for tester status

2) where/when to get the client

3) if you catch my drift...

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

1: I heard about it through friends from Revival.

2: FAQs are nice.

3: A profanity filter toggle. I don't mind swearing, but I do get irked by censorship. Also, had some trouble getting avatar pics to fit here. 

1. We use Invision for the forums and there is no profanity filter option. You will have one in the game, though. 

2. There will be a FAQ about adding avatars and forum badges. 

1: I heard about it through friends from Revival.

2: FAQs are nice.

3: A profanity filter toggle. I don't mind swearing, but I do get irked by censorship. Also, had some trouble getting avatar pics to fit here. 

So upset with the bad news about Revival.

After Everquest Next got cancelled and Revival frozen, I really hope Chronicles of Elyria gets enough support.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Ultimately the crave for a new MMORPG.. After gathering information on upcoming MMO's I deemed Crowfall the most appealing.

2. "The Game" or "Devtracker"

3. I don't like how the menu's are not unified. Crowfall.com is very clear, but

- It changes upon entering the store and the forum

- I couldn't change something like email address on the forum, but on the original website.

Edited by flow

1. My wife and I had been looking for a new MMO to play together and she spend hours searching before finding this game. Knowing that I love unique crafting systems and World building (I use this term because we are major Pen and Paper RPG players.) both of which this game offers or plans to offer.

2. I have found the Q&A and these forums the most useful parts of this game.

3. One of the things I would change is that it isn't very mobile friendly​.

A friend and I were searching for a new game to play together. We found Crowfall in a upcoming MMO's article via Google.

To be honest the site is what I expect for a game at this stage in dev. Most useful would obviously be the forums as it is the richest source of Info.

I would make it clearer how new pledges start to receive access. It may be obvious and on the site somewhere but once I pledged I had to go looking in forums to understand how I could get in and test a bit. Otherwise I think the website is good - I also really like the inclusion of the calendar.

• 5 weeks later...

Read a post where Mark Jacobs seemed butt hurt about some game called Crowfall so I started looking into it.

Sites fine.

Be sure to add a section for PvP bragging smack talk etc... and dont over mod it. 

A section with a similar purpose is supposed to be created on the forums, if it's still in the plans. Here's an old quote from ACE:

"In addition to the official forums, we're also looking into 'unofficial' private forums that guilds and players can use for more casual (unmoderated) discussions.   Guild leaders would be able to invite other people and/or guilds to talk about whatever they like, however they like, and it would be on each individual guild to self-moderate.    In the absence of that, we also encourage third parties to have communities for Crowfall to cater to the many different sub-cultures that will be part of the game."

A section with a similar purpose is supposed to be created on the forums, if it's still in the plans. Here's an old quote from ACE:

"In addition to the official forums, we're also looking into 'unofficial' private forums that guilds and players can use for more casual (unmoderated) discussions.   Guild leaders would be able to invite other people and/or guilds to talk about whatever they like, however they like, and it would be on each individual guild to self-moderate.    In the absence of that, we also encourage third parties to have communities for Crowfall to cater to the many different sub-cultures that will be part of the game."

Yea, that's turned out to be a lot harder than we'd hoped but we haven't given up on it yet.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Sometimes when I don't want to do something, it seems a lot harder to accomplish than it would otherwise.

I think it's still too early to set up those private sections, in a few months maybe it could be nice to have them.

edit: just realized I posted that in "Questions for the new folks" thread, I'm pretty off-topic

Edited by courant101