Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Questions for the new folks

1) Our GM brought it to light on our website.

2) The FAQ's (though a lot of it is kind of vague)

3) More descriptive FAQ's, and as mentioned more info on each Archetype, Abilities, Skills (subject to change yada yada), or even a basic description. Maybe it's just me because I'm not a big lore person but it annoys me when I go to look at say the Myrmidon and there's some kind of short story type deal that tells me absolutely nothing about the class, you guys/gals must have some kind of vision for each class.

Usually when I hit a new game website I read the "About X" then I go directly to the Race/Class Section to see if anything there sparks my interest.

Edited by Apok

1. How did you hear about Crowfall?

site   mmorpg.com

2. Which parts of the site have you found to be most useful?

FAQ,

On the other hand me and some other friends wish to see more info ( archetypes and their skills maybe time calculators?,advantage,disadvantages, professions(combat,explore,craft..runes etc...) . But I have to strongly notice that we prefer faster and beter game development than development in site:)

3. What part of the site would you change? How would you change it? 

Site is fine for now simple and usefull.  

site   mmorpg.com

FAQ,

On the other hand me and some other friends wish to see more info ( archetypes and their skills maybe time calculators?,advantage,disadvantages, professions(combat,explore,craft..runes etc...) . But I have to strongly notice that we prefer faster and beter game development than development in site:)

Site is fine for now simple and usefull.  

re: 2

got you covered!

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

1. How did you hear about Crowfall? - Albion Online Forums

2. Which parts of the site have you found to be most useful? - FAQ section is very well organized and easy to read through

3. What part of the site would you change? How would you change it? - It all seems functional and easy to use. The profile section seems a little bland and I have trouble uploading pictures/backgrounds.

Travian Games sent an email out to players, giving hype about a new game and how to join the twitch channel this past Monday. I'm so glad they did!

Obviously, the FAQ, though I'll add that the background information for the Archetypes was quite interesting (just not as "useful" as the FAQ).

No specific part to change. I'm just looking forward to "more" of everything being added as time goes and things are fleshed out.

1. Heard about Crowfall because I'm a gaming nerd (likely just like all of you)....I search online and read about gaming related news all the time.

2. The FAQs....I actually went straight to them the very first time I ever visited the website.

3. Perhaps at some point make a "Quick Facts" (you don't have to call it that obviously)...but what I mean here... you have a TON of information in your FAQs which is great and you shouldn't get rid of any of that...but this is the times we live in attention spans are short especially if you already know you are making a risky bet to capture an MMO audience that is not likely acclimated to this kind of spin on an MMORPG.

True I can imagine some players reading this going "Well too bad....if they don't like it they don't stick around so"....you can't be like that if you want o expand your player base -- you CAN stick to your guns with game design and go "well we aren't making a game where all classes / archetypes are MEANT to be 100% balanced 100% of the time"...that's cool...but if you want to draw in the hook to lead them to learn more about the game...I personally think .make a page on your site that's a quick start type of thing....just 10 - 15 of the most foundational concepts or facts about the game.... (btw these are examples -- obviously you would write them much more eloquently than this)...

"1. PVP focus game with destructible terrain"

2. no character levels , level your skills instead while playing one of (however many archetypes you have) archetypes"....

etc. etc...

The point is make it so with just reading ONE screen in one quick setting brand new people get the jist of the game and aim you are going for. THEN if that interests them they can dive into the full blown FAQs with a lot more detailed information.

Edited by Mytheros

From dfuw forums after the game shutdown. Heard chat of a few players moving over to this game as the next big mmo with the most potential.

I can't really say which part is the most useful because it's all very helpful. I find myself browsing on my iphone at work. :)

I guess the play test page is the most used.

I would like to see more information on the perks of purchasing the larger pledges as far as the buildings/castles and details. I don't know how hard it will be to acquire a large/medium castle through in-game items and/or if it's worth it to buy it. If there is a forum post explaining it all I haven't found it yet. 

25hmzbo.png

- I was looking for a new MMO

2. Which parts of the site have you found to be most useful?
 - The forums

- Make it easier to find/see what tester groups are testing ( perhaps in the calendar as well as it seems a bit odd atm )

1. Was looking for a new MMO, and saw Crowfall mentioned as an upcoming potential hit. Started reading about it and ended up pledging a couple days later.

2. The FAQ is amazing. It has a wealth of information to read through. I am a bit of a game systems nerd, so I love reading about all the planned features, abilities, and game modes.

3a. I would love to see the FAQ be expanded to include offline skill trees information, as well as ability descriptions for each Archetype. The community run ones are nice, such as what Tinnis has put together, but I feel something ArtCraft could compile would be much more comprehensive. I know they have said they would rather let the community put together skill calculator type things, but I think having the basic information presented would be great for us who like to lurk around and fantasize about builds.

3b. The website can be a little funky on mobile. Most stuff works great, but forms that you need to enter information into such as logging in, and purchasing things on the store are practically unusable for me. Text fields and submission buttons get squished and often times are hidden behind other objects making them not interact-able. I have a Samsung Galaxy 6 edge, if that is relevant, and have also heard similar reports from friends about it. 

3a. I would love to see the FAQ be expanded to include offline skill trees information, as well as ability descriptions for each Archetype. The community run ones are nice, such as what Tinnis has put together, but I feel something ArtCraft could compile would be much more comprehensive. I know they have said they would rather let the community put together skill calculator type things, but I think having the basic information presented would be great for us who like to lurk around and fantasize about builds.

Yes I hope they compile and present such information themselves in the future - e.g. at beta stage or launch.

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Hello i'm new to Crowfall.

1. I heard about it on youtube to MMO's coming in 2016.

2.the FAQ has helped me the most.

3. I would like to see more info on the archetypes- skill trees, info on stats, how there role will affect group play. and Info on the Pantheon, will supporting a certian god give a player bonus, whats bonuses for the gods, will this affect guild recruiting.

I was researching upcoming MMOs looking for something that would replicate the joy I had in Asherons Call and DAOC.

I think I first saw this game on youtube with TheLazyPeon. An excellent youtuber.

Actually I found your youtube channel the most useful. The website in no way informs me as well as the youtube channel does. To be honest without explanation your whole business model and game model is  ambiguous if you just read the website.

The ways to pledge are straight forward but the additional options are not.

Embed or link to your youtube videos explaining skills, characters, gameplay etc. Most people like me want to see what gameplay is like, what progression is like, we judge games on how fun they will be to play and the time they consume to be competitive.

When I come to your site I want:

• to know what gameplay will be like - action and strategic
  • What progression will be like
  • Is it a single player game with lots of people in it? (like SWTOR) Or is it a team game (like DAOC, Albion online, League of legends etc).
  • What the style and graphics will be like - which is communicated very well at the moment
  • and most importantly of all - is it vaporware or is it legit. I think you communicate this very well as well, to the positive.

Cheers,

Seneschal

Edited by Seneschal

I have been away from MMO's for a bit and decided it was time to get back in. After quickly researching upcoming MMO's, Crowfall came out as the best fit.

Hard to say at this point, but the intro video on the home page definitely helped sell me.

Well like with any game in development, I would have more information but that's a constant battle with what they are willing to reveal :)

Lf6MJUL.png

It was a basic google search for upcoming MMOs in 2016

Forum: Q&As

As a new backer the amount of information even this early is staggering. An area with a set of founding principles or mission statements would be good.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Bing searching for upcoming PvP MMO's

FAQ and Forums

FAQ is full of information but it is presented on the main page as just your everyday, run of the mill, FAQ which most people probably ignore. I think i would rename it to Crowfallopedia or something and present it more prominently.

I googled upcoming mmos 2016.

The FAQ and the forums.

It looks perfect to me.

The best skill at cards is knowing when to discard.

I head about it on youtube at TOP - X videos when browsing for a new game and maybe also from the Steam, where people disappointed with Riders of Icarus were talking.. I had my list I made from youtube videos and that steam post. There were about 5 games first. When it came to closer look, I was deleting them for different reasons (like ugly community in the early-acess Gloria Victis or just lack of interest due to not many things to do in these games).

The most helpful is actually FAQ. You still don't share abilities of many different heroes and maybe don't have them completed yet, thus these pages are pointless. The second would be homepage, where is pretty decent amount of images including good preview on what the game is about.

And, finally, what would I change? Probably both useful pages I aforementioned. While homepage has only clues without facts (how does it work?), your FAQ is not structured enough for me. I was looking to find something about guilds and it was not there I guess.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for joining the community and bid you welcome. If you have a little time, I'd love to know the following: 

Thanks! 

1.  Reddit / Google searches.  Since my failed love affair with Wildstar I was searching "Top Upcoming MMO's" and this was on a lot of lists and it caught my eye.  

2.  The FAQ has a ton of information and I'd be lying if I said I had managed to read it all yet.  I'm working on it though.  By far the most helpful spot so far though.  

3.  Tough to recommend any changes since I literally bought the game today.  Everything seems pretty well laid out so far.  Maybe more checks for download entitlement?  Still can't access the client download :P