Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for April

Getting below when clicking on discuss on the story page

"

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#404]

Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting to view. Please click here to return to the community index"

Edited by barab

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

Templar after Druid. That means after the Templar all the archetypes I was interested in initially will be in the game. :-)

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Besides new archetypes, I think the world generator tech is the system I'm looking forward to seeing the most. To me keeping the world maps fresh and unique from CW to CW is the second most important feature of this game to get right, the Combat system being #1 of course.

Edited by pang

They seemed to imply that the Frostweaver and Assassin required new tech which wasn't wholly available yet. In the case of the Assassin, that could be either stealth or flying, but I wonder what the Frostweaver needs that isn't already in the toolbox?

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

They seemed to imply that the Frostweaver and Assassin required new tech which wasn't wholly available yet. In the case of the Assassin, that could be either stealth or flying, but I wonder what the Frostweaver needs that isn't already in the toolbox?

Hopefully some cool and unique mid range melee stuff with that ice chain weapon thing. One can only hope.

I'm hoping some friction-based shenanigans [slippery ice floors]. Could be fun.

Besides new archetypes, I think the world generator tech is the system I'm looking forward to seeing the most. To me keeping the world maps fresh and unique from CW to CW is the second most important feature of this game to get right, the Combat system being #1 of course.

Going slightly off-topic here maybe, so ignore this if you like.

For me: 

1. Combat
  2. Economy
  3. World Generation

Reason for me to pick Economy over World Generation is that the economy ties everything together. I believe it's the backbone of the game. Without this there will not be much game to play. Economic parts of the game (POI's) are one reason to go to war (combat) over. Combat alone for the sake of combat won't last long imo.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Hah, that would be fun. And to combine with rear kick - we can play Guinecean curling / bowling! :P (bring back those hunger dome barrels!)

I was also thinking the ability to create temporary terrain e.g. an ice wall / cage etc

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

For me: 

1. Combat
  2. Economy
  3. World Generation

Reason for me to pick Economy over World Generation is that the economy ties everything together. I believe it's the backbone of the game. Without this there will not be much game to play. Economic parts of the game POI's are one reason to go to war (combat). Combat alone for the sake of combat won't last long imo.

Yea, would be nice to start seeing some crafting details coming to fruition. 

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

For me: 

1. Combat
  2. Economy
  3. World Generation

Reason for me to pick Economy over World Generation is that the economy ties everything together. I believe it's the backbone of the game. Without this there will not be much game to play. Economic parts of the game POI's are one reason to go to war (combat). Combat alone for the sake of combat won't last long imo.

Valid points. I think I go from more of a foundation type view. I see Combat and the Worlds as the foundation which by the rest gets built on.

aka who should I bribe for forgemaster

Names drawn with High King blood in the book of grudges perhaps. The Dwarves have no word for forgiveness only many subtle variations on revenge, recompense and retribution.

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

Combat alone for the sake of combat won't last long imo.

Hey now, don't you think you're underestimating the potential lasting fun factor of a good combat system? There are games that I've played for years, that are essentially only combat, or that I only play for the combat. Maybe I'm misinterpreting you.

That would be so sick. I think I'd be awesome if I could peel people off my teammates by putting an ice sheet between them and the people chasing them.