Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for April

Well, before, wasn't it their intention to have at least 3 character slots and lock into campaigns at the character level? If so, I don't understand what would suddenly make the goal to reduce that to 1 campaign. You'd think they'd adjust accordingly with the vessel system, like let you lock into up to 3 campaigns at once and switch between them at-will. If before you could use character A in campaign 1 and character B in campaign 2, then now you just import vessel A into campaign 1 and vessel B into campaign 2, and those goods are campaign locked. I don't see what the harm would be in allowing campaign hopping to an extent, in this context.

For what it's worth, the Q&A answer did not expressly specify that a campaign would be locked into only a single campaign. I don't mean to say "they couldn't possibly have meant that!". It's just that it's unclear.

To encourage us to purchase more copies of the game I guess. It already seems to be one of the goals of locking an account to one Crow name, one passive training for general and archetype, to one guild and if it turns out to be correct, to one campaign. There are probably also design goals motivating this decision, as ACE explained during a previous Q&A. 

Edited by courant101

Say your account is allowed to lock into 3 campaigns...  You lock into campaign A B and F... You are still locking into campaigns at the account level.  I could be wrong... I mean if they hadn't said anything prior to that I would go with your interpretation as well... It's just open-ended enough to not definitively say 1 account 1 campaign at a time.

It would be cool of a red could come re-clarify their stance (if they are firm on it already).

Ah ok, well it's possible that they indeed meant locked to 3 (or another number) campaigns. The way they said it though, talking about the possibility of having ways to "unlock" the account, to me it sounded more like it was one Crow = one campaign only, but I agree it would be great if ACE could clarify.

Edited by courant101

Ah ok, well it's possible that they indeed meant locked to 3 (or another number) campaigns. The way they said it though, talking about the possibility of having ways to "unlock" the account, to me it sounded more like it was one Crow = one campaign only, but I agree it would be great if ACE could clarify.

Well they also talked about unlocking characters to campaigns before the vessel system was in place too... so that didn't stand out too much to me because it always seemed like they wanted to figure out some way to let people out of campaigns if they wanted to pay a high enough price (whatever form that price comes in)...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Well they also talked about unlocking characters to campaigns before the vessel system was in place too... so that didn't stand out too much to me because it always seemed like they wanted to figure out some way to let people out of campaigns if they wanted to pay a high enough price (whatever form that price comes in)...

I also still partially suspect they will put a sort between rule-sets and allow each account/crow to be locked into one of each rule-set at once.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

I don't remember them saying that. Before the vessel change, if I remember correctly, the character was locked to one campaign only and the only way to join a new campaign with that specific character was to forfeit the current one and lose everything that was owned by the player in that CW.

edit, from an old interview: Crowfall Team: A player character that chooses to join a Campaign World is locked into that campaign until it is either won or lost. You travel from your Eternal Kingdom to a Campaign World when you join and come back after that Campaign World is destroyed. http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/crowfall-interview-developers/

Edited by courant101

I think many of us (including me) still have that : need to rush to the upper levels mentality, which is why we worry about a lot of things... The fact resources will be hard to obtain makes us think we won't have anything to craft (in the EK) but that's exactly why the CW's exist and why you should contemplate joining them, and when you start to undertsand that it sounds "interesting" at least.

Whether or not you'll need 2 accounts is still debatable, I'm not gonna rush out and buy a second one right now, specially given the fact I'll have vip access to start. That being said, if you are the kind of player who feels he needs a second account to fullfill that crowcaine itch, that means that you are playing the game and enjoy it enough to invest some more money in it.

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

I don't remember them saying that. Before the vessel change, if I remember correctly, the character was locked to one campaign only and the only way to join a new campaign with that specific character was to forfeit the current one and lose everything that was owned by the player in that CW.

edit, from an old interview: Crowfall Team: A player character that chooses to join a Campaign World is locked into that campaign until it is either won or lost. You travel from your Eternal Kingdom to a Campaign World when you join and come back after that Campaign World is destroyed. http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/crowfall-interview-developers/

They've talked about having ways for characters to get out of losing campaigns early before... that's where the whole pay2lose joke came from.

They've talked about having ways for characters to get out of losing campaigns early before... that's where the whole pay2lose joke came from.

I know, that's what I wrote in this thread 2 hours ago: "Locked doesn't mean that a player can not forfeit and quit afaik".

I know, that's what I wrote in this thread 2 hours ago: "Locked doesn't mean that a player can not forfeit and quit afaik".

Yep so if it was locked then whatever system they have to forfeit or quit out of a campaign would be the way it became unlocked.  Which they've talked about long before the vessel system.

"It's the account that's locked to the campaign."

WHAT!?

When I pledged, there were character slots, so I knew that I could take one character to one campaign world, and another character to another world.  This way I could go into hard worlds with my PvP loving friends, and into easy worlds with my PvE loving wife and swap between them as I liked.

Then you introduced the vessel system.  Don't get me wrong, I like the vessel system.  However you have totally ****ed me by forcing my entire account to be locked to a single campaign world!

I totally understand that you don't want people to be able to be everywhere all the time, but this is a terrible design decision, especially when the solution to it is so easy.  :(

Hey now, don't you think you're underestimating the potential lasting fun factor of a good combat system? There are games that I've played for years, that are essentially only combat, or that I only play for the combat. Maybe I'm misinterpreting you.

You are and you are not. Sure, there are games where the only activity is only combat, but in those cases we're not talking about mmo's. I'm talking about Crowfall and I believe the economy will be the most important part of the game.

It's the fuel to all the conflicts. Every encounter in the game will start with a economic reason. Wanna raid a caravan? Want to control that quarry to be able to repair that Keep you just occupied with your guild?

All this gameplay is cemented into the economy. See it as a house. The economy is the foundation, the skeleton the world and the combat the walls and the roof. Okay, maybe this is a bad example.  ;)

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

WHAT!?

When I pledged, there were character slots, so I knew that I could take one character to one campaign world, and another character to another world.

This happens when you don't keep up with the game and it's news.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

WHAT!?

When I pledged, there were character slots, so I knew that I could take one character to one campaign world, and another character to another world.  This way I could go into hard worlds with my PvP loving friends, and into easy worlds with my PvE loving wife and swap between them as I liked.

Then you introduced the vessel system.  Don't get me wrong, I like the vessel system.  However you have totally ****ed me by forcing my entire account to be locked to a single campaign world!

I totally understand that you don't want people to be able to be everywhere all the time, but this is a terrible design decision, especially when the solution to it is so easy.  :(

They haven't confirmed that accounts will only be able to lock into one campaign at a time...

WHAT!?

ACE is trading the extra character slot for 25 dollars credits per slot, so if you got 3 you could almost get enough credits to obtain 2 free copies of the game in the store, and have a total of 3 Crows (and being able to play in 3 different campaigns simultaneously). I guess that it would still be a loss of benefits compared to what backers had previously though: before standard account had 3 character slots and Amber had 6.

Also in yesterday's Q&A ACE said that there was a possibility that they would implement some unlock mechanisms, although it sounded to me like it wasn't in the plan right now.

"Our intention is to change this reward into a different (but equally) valuable reward. We’re still discussing ideas of what to replace them with, but in the meantime, any backer who has these rewards will be able to redeem these slots for $25/slot of Crowfall Store credit which can be used to purchase additional item(s) or VIP game time." http://crowfall.com/en/news/the-big-reveal-crows-and-vessels/

Edited by courant101

"Our intention is to change this reward into a different (but equally) valuable reward. We’re still discussing ideas of what to replace them with, but in the meantime, any backer who has these rewards will be able to redeem these slots for $25/slot of Crowfall Store credit which can be used to purchase additional item(s) or VIP game time." http://crowfall.com/en/news/the-big-reveal-crows-and-vessels/

Yeah I read that before, but the part that I enhanced is what I remember from it so I didn't intend to turn them into CF credit.  I wanted something of actual value so I've been waiting.

That the devs are going with the easy "account is locked to a campaign, the end" instead of using a real solution is BS.  I am very disappointed.

Yeah I read that before, but the part that I enhanced is what I remember from it so I didn't intend to turn them into CF credit.  I wanted something of actual value so I've been waiting.

That the devs are going with the easy "account is locked to a campaign, the end" instead of using a real solution is BS.  I am very disappointed.

Yea if it's the case that's disappointing, since before the Vessel & Crow change, each account had 3 different characters, so we could I guess participate to at least 3 campaigns simultaneously. Now if our interpretation of the Q&A is correct, it's only one campaign per account.  -_-

You are all better off buying a second or third account instead of using vip any way. This gives you powerful characters and lets you play in multiple campaigns... Bad design is undercutting the games cash flow/vip

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

You are all better off buying a second or third account instead of using vip any way. This gives you powerful characters and lets you play in multiple campaigns... Bad design is undercutting the games cash flow/vip

I have a feeling this will be addressed. They're obviously going to want people to be incentivized to buy VIP especially since having a consistent steady cash flow makes everything run much smoother.  

I have a feeling this will be addressed. They're obviously going to want people to be incentivized to buy VIP especially since having a consistent steady cash flow makes everything run much smoother.  

They're already pretty much assured that players will purchase VIP tickets since they'll be traded in-game, so financially it makes sense to encourage people to purchase multiple accounts and VIP tickets.

They're already pretty much assured that players will purchase VIP tickets since they'll be traded in-game, so financially it makes sense to encourage people to purchase multiple accounts and VIP tickets.

With tradable VIP (which I love by the way) it means there will be tons of people shouting P2W since you can buy VIP and sell it to another player for some kind of currency, that is a downside but I still love being able to earn VIP time just by playing the game.

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA